Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Geesh, he was great at breaking things down.

Hope he finds a new gig quickly.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Jake Burns is literally the best writer when it comes to the Browns. I don't know what happened but any local Cleveland site would be very smart to pick him up.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Sorry to here that. He was a freelancer who couldn't get paid.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Agreed. Yet they keep a guy like Doug Lesmerises who does not know the first thing about football.

Legend
Legend
He’s one of my favorite “breaker downers” ... makes it a learning thing for me and he knows our team so well.

Hope he finds a place soon

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that kinda sucks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's hard to constantly put out quality and quantity without adequate recompense. I'd rather he part ways than fall to the level of their other writers.

Hopefully he'll still put out nice insight at a more sustainable pace.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
J/c

Apparently it had to do with some indiscretions on his part in his former career .. you can look it up, but he was fired for improper relationship with a student

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lovely thumbsdown

I'm not sure I want to look it up.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
J/c

Apparently it had to do with some indiscretions on his part in his former career .. you can look it up, but he was fired for improper relationship with a student

I would hope that's not him. Hard to know though. There's actually a Jake Burns in California who works in student sexual assault prevention.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend

I guess others felt threatened.

Burns is the first guy I have read on any of the Browns media publications that actually knows the game.

Most of the Browns coverage is fluff media. "How did that make you feel?"

Some of the questions I have heard at pressers are embarrassing.

OH well. Back to Mary Kay and the others.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
J/c

I would hope that's not him. Hard to know though. There's actually a Jake Burns in California who works in student sexual assault prevention.

https://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/new...hange/31453749/

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
J/c

https://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/new...hange/31453749/

I read that too. I looked at a bunch of "Jake Burns". What I haven't found is a definitive item saying that this is the same Jake Burns.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
They're still showing his tweets today on the training camp live updates page...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wish there was a way to privately contact him and ask him directly if he is the one who did this.

Legend
Legend
I wish there was a way to privately contact him and ask him directly if he is the one who did this.

There is, you can find his number and some other neat stuff on 4chan.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
The article I saw had a picture of him (I’ve seen his face before) and said he also coached football... I’ll try to find it

M
Legend
Legend
M
So is it him or nah?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
https://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/new..._medium=ios_app

If you click on the link, that is a picture of him .. and the age/area of Ohio matches up with his personal info

M
Legend
Legend
M
So.....yes, is what you're saying.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I’m no private investigator ... but putting th pieces together, yes lol
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
So.....yes, is what you're saying.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't like this. Unless you are sure, it might be best to not mention things like this. It's a man's life.

I wish the Refs would delete all of this unless actual proof can be established.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I don't like this. Unless you are sure, it might be best to not mention things like this. It's a man's life.

I wish the Refs would delete all of this unless actual proof can be established.

I agree, but look in the political forum. It is full of unsubstantiated accusations.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I read the story on the link. The Jacob Burns in the story (if it is our Jake Burns) was 26 in 2015 (the date of the article), a year after the incident, so he was 25 at the time. The 17 y/o student sent him pic on Snapchat, and he responded in kind. He then realized the error, and broke off any further contact of that nature.

Who here was once 25? Who here has succumbed to temptation? There are degrees of culpability, and this one barely crossed the line. It did cross the line.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
D
Legend
Legend
D
If the genders were switched, some would be saying "lucky kid" and throwing out "attaboys". Its a breach of trust for a teacher to do this and a display of really poor judgment, but it hardly rises to the level of your degenerate creep hanging around the playground leering at little kids playing on the swing sets and sliding boards. As far as I'm concerned, he paid a pretty steep price for a bad indiscretion - if it was even this Jake Burns - and is otherwise none of my business.

Legend
Legend
I agree w/you in this regard. In no way was I condemning him to be harshly treated (or more harshly treated than already done) ... just passing along the info and the article.

I also agree w/the gender role thing. It remains a double standard in society

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For the record, the article did not mention a gender of the student, and this discussion is assuming it was a female. My feeling is that it was a female student, that the article intentionally left the gender out for privacy reasons. But it was left unstated in the article.

About the double standard, there have been a surprising number of female teachers and administrators who have, in recent years, been charged with sexually oriented activity with students. I think that double standard is not what it used to be. Whatever the combination of genders, a teacher is responsible for setting an example of proper behavior, and has power over students that can be abused.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Jake could replace a number of writers with less talent and loyalty IMO. Hope somebody has sense enough to pick him up. His writing I will miss.

Thanks, Jake, for the heads up and your work!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Legend
Legend
C

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Jake Burns Out at cleveland.com

Link Copied to Clipboard