Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
It’s estimated that half the world's population have seen at least one James Bond movie.

The next Bond film is due to release in April next year.

I think it’s Craig’s last Bond role. (he’s been Bond since 2006).

The next Bond?

Quote:
Superman Star Henry Cavill Replaces Daniel Craig As James Bond In Awesome New Image

Sounds good to me.

There’s been dozens of great scenes. My favorite was the opening scene of the movie Moonraker.

Very intense. Great cinematography. And all of a sudden Jaws is back.

P
Legend
Legend
P
For some reason [censored] Galore was my favorite character in the Bond movies. I have no idea what attracted me to that character.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I liked the Fat Albert death scene...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Loved villain Jaws. And he fell in love in Moonraker!

I've seen them all up to Timothy Dalton's departure, And I still believe Moonraker got a bad rap.

I enjoy the scene where they try to kill Roger Moore in the circular flight simulator.

Legend
Legend
Smh

Henry isn’t replacing Daniel Craig. That was fan art.

You might want to look up who the next bond will actually be.

Since we most of us are aware of your....questionable posting history, I’m sure you be absolutely thrilled as to who it will be.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The James Bond movie franchise after Daniel Craig leaves......

Legend
Legend
That's what the said when Sean Connery moved on.

That was in... 1971.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

That was in... 1971.

But in modern day, who could possibly be the equal of Roger Moore?

Some of those movies during his tenure in the 70's were completely insane.

Legend
Legend
I was a Roger Moore Bondboy. He was the face of Bond when I was at that all-so-important adolescent period in my development. Connery belonged to My Pops. Roger was mine.

At the same time, I gotta admit: I thought Daniel Craig's approach/treatment was pretty cool, too.
ever

When dealing with a long-standing institution, historical context/POV is everything.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m one of the 1/2 of the world’s population thats never seen one ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

That was in... 1971.

Excuse me. Have you seen their future intentions?

A female 00?....Are you kidding me?

You can kiss it goodbye.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Blofeld henchmen Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd from Diamonds Are Forever

Mr. Kidd (on the right with glasses) was played Putter Smith - an accomplished Jazz musician.

Legend
Legend
I wonder if those sideburns will ever come back into style.

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing I've figured out. There are only so many ways to make clothes. There are only so many ways to cut hair. Eventually the public gets sold on the same trends over and over again. They'll call it something different and claim it's new. But it will be the same thing.

Bell bottoms will be next..... again.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Yeah nice sideburns.

Sure.

Sideburns come around every few generations.

(young Teddy Roosevelt)

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A

I think it would be worth having a pair around (like glue-on types) just in case the mood struck.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Bell bottoms, those things used to get caught in the chain/sprocket of my bicycle.

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: AZBrown

I think it would be worth having a pair around (like glue-on types) just in case the mood struck.

Of course.

You just have to spend the extra money to get a pair that match your natural hair color.

Now that's smart.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Bell bottoms, those things used to get caught in the chain/sprocket of my bicycle.

No excuses. Those athletic socks with the three stripes came up to your knees, even the biggest bell-bottoms were easily tucked away!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well that's what happens when you don't have a chain guard. That's not the bell bottoms fault. wink

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Few people remember Steve Martin's turn at 007.

In the iconic:

"Bullets Aren't Cheap"

Featuring Sting (from the group The Police) as the villian.

Legend
Legend
That’s a sweet photo of Roosevelt

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
What a beaut.

The 1965 Aston Martin DB5.

Original cost = $12,775.

Adjusted for inflation = $105,000

Fine choice for a Bond car.

Legend
Legend

Well, on my computer this thing just isn't displaying, so here is a direct link:

https://twitter.com/007/status/1163843400644403200

Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 08/20/19 06:00 PM.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
And here she is:

The black woman who inherits 007's title: Bond star Lashana Lynch looks fierce as she is pictured for the FIRST time on the No Time To Die set in Italy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...y.html#comments

Legend
Legend
I'm sure she's talented and she's very pretty but I'm not a fan... Bond was always about classic cars, sophisticated clothes, and sexual innuendo...

She looks more like a special forces commando than a covert spy...

I haven't had a lot of interest in the the Bond franchise for a while now but I wish her the best.

yebat' Putin
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I've seen all the Bond movies multiple times, own them all on Blu-ray. Not a fan of Daniel Craig or this woman being 007.

It seems whoever is writing or producing the series doesn't really know what they want. What they want temporarily vs long term. Its not very smart to alienate parts of your audience who expects James Bond to be the central character and appear as 007. When I go to see a movie in that specific franchise I'm expecting certain behaviors, call backs, tropes that are unique to those movies.

I'm a big horror fan so my examples come from that genre of when this type of direction or something similar to it has happened with film franchises. Most of the time it does not pay off and people get upset.

Halloween III Season of the Witch (1982) - The movie didn't have Michael Myers in it and people weren't prepared for that direction in story line. Instead there was an idea among the producers\directors of the Halloween series (Carpenter among them) to move the franchise in a serial direction of new events happening every Halloween that weren't connected to Myers. In the end the movie is actually fine on its own and is one of my favorites overall but a lot of people shun it because its part of the Halloween franchise but doesn't have Michael Myers in it so it left them confused, dumbfounded, angry. Maybe the Bond film will be different if people know about this going into it but you know some people aren't happy about it.

Friday the 13th Part V, The New Beginning (1985) - Same idea was tried as Halloween III, different movie franchise. This time they had the same idea of having a different killer, different motive for each upcoming film. Again, fans of the franchise were ultimately pissed because they wanted the main character of the franchise, Jason Voorhees. If there wasn't enough Voorhees then it wasn't Friday the 13th as its thought of.

One thing that is particularly interesting is to see the movies in each of those franchises that came after the flops. Each one of them were critical successes and helped bring back loyal fans.

Friday the 13th Part VI, Jason Lives - This is a fan favorite and some regard it as the best in the franchise even over the original.

Halloween IV, The Return of Michael Myers - Same as above, fans were overjoyed to see Myers return as the rightful torch bearer of the Halloween franchise, one that his character helped popularize in the first place.

Whatever franchise it is, in my opinion people attach certain characters or expectations to it going in. If I go to see a James Bond movie, I want to see James Bond doing his thing, sipping martinis, being charming, being womanizing, getting the bad guy, going on some adventure. If I'm going to see a slasher movie where Voorhees or Myers are the focal point of the franchise I'm expecting them to be there carrying out their essential behaviors of killing teens or trying to catch Laurie Strode. If I don't get what I'm expecting I feel cheated and betrayed but that's just me.

Not saying the movie won't be successful but if the film has limited scenes for the Bond character that I've come to expect I don't really see the reason to go see it.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mark it down. James Bond is now dead.

And whatever this thing is that is replacing him is even deader.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... The James Bond movie franchise

Link Copied to Clipboard