Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Maybe when he transfers he can get a helmet that fits his head, lol. He has either the weirdest head ever or just couldnt find a normal helmet, that really bothered me all year.

Legend
Legend
Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts will transfer to Oklahoma for senior season
http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...a-senior-season

Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts has committed to play his senior season at the University of Oklahoma.

He announced his decision Wednesday via a story on The Players' Tribune.

As a graduate transfer, Hurts is eligible to play immediately.

Hurts entered the transfer portal last week and took his first official visit to Maryland on Friday. He visited Oklahoma on Saturday and Miami on Sunday.

Hurts also drew interest from a number of other programs, sources told ESPN, including Auburn, Tennessee, Utah, UCLA, Florida State and Ohio State.

The Houston native went 26-2 as a starting quarterback at Alabama before he was benched in favor of Tua Tagovailoa this season.

Hurts appeared in all but two games in 2018 as a backup. He completed 51 of 70 passes for 765 yards, 8 touchdowns and 2 interceptions, and he rushed for 167 yards and 2 touchdowns.

During his two seasons as the starter, Hurts won an SEC Offensive Player of the Year award and threw for a combined 4,861 yards, 40 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, to go along with 1,809 yards and 21 touchdowns rushing.

Oklahoma has had success with transfer quarterbacks in the past, as Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray went on to win the Heisman Trophy and lead the program into the College Football Playoff in each of the past two seasons, most recently losing in the semifinal round to Alabama in the Capital One Orange Bowl in December.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Here we go, 3 for 3 in the Heisman!

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
That is a real possibility!

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts will transfer to Oklahoma for senior season

Right up until his decision I was reading that Maryland was the odds-on favorite.. was really hoping he would go there.

I do understand him choosing OU where he will get a lot more national attention... I also can't help but feel he is looking for a chance to play Bama in the playoffs to try to show them that they made a mistake.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
OHIO STATE RELEASES 2019 SPRING FOOTBALL ROSTER, INCLUDING JUSTIN FIELDS AND SIX FRESHMEN

Ohio State released its spring football roster Friday morning, and it included six freshmen – Garrett Wilson, Zach Harrison, Marcus Crowley, Noah Potter, Ryan Jacoby and Ronnie Hickman – who enrolled early in the program. Justin Fields was also listed on the roster for the first time.

None of the freshmen nor Fields were given jersey numbers, but their heights and weights were made public.

Justin Fields: 6-foot-3, 225 pounds
Garrett Wilson: 6-foot-1, 180 pounds
Zach Harrison: 6-foot-5, 243 pounds
Marcus Crowley: 6-foot-1, 200 pounds
Noah Potter: 6-foot-5, 250 pounds
Ryan Jacoby: 6-foot-5, 270 pounds
Ronnie Hickman: 6-foot-1, 200 pounds
The roster shows 12 first-year players redshirted during the 2018 season. Kamryn Babb, Matthew Baldwin, Cameron Brown, Jaelen Gill, Marcus Hooker, Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Tyreke Johnson, Matthew Jones, Nicholas Petit-Frere, L’Christian Smith, Master Teague and Max Wray will enter the 2019 season as redshirt freshmen.

With walk-ons included, 105 players are on Ohio State's roster, which features 31 seniors and 14 fifth-year seniors. The Buckeyes' players on the spring roster combine for 158 starts, with 82 from offensive players and 76 from defensive players.

Four quarterbacks – Fields, Baldwin, Chris Chugunov and Daniel Vanatsky – are on the spring roster. Vanatsky is a walk-on, while the other three are on scholarship.

Brian Snead, who was suspended after the second week of the season, is not on the roster. Ohio State confirmed he did not return to the team after his freshman season.

Branden Bowen, Alex Williams and Max Wray are the tallest players on the team, standing 6-foot-7. At 5-foot-9, Demario McCall is the shortest player on the spring roster. Weighing in at 319 pounds, Thayer Munford is the heaviest player on the roster, and Chris Olave is the lightest scholarship player, listed at 170 pounds.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-stat...ds-six-freshmen

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Ohio State football announces Ryan Day’s full coaching staff for 2019 season | cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/01/oh...019-season.html

By Stephen Means, cleveland.com
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio State has officially named its full 10-man coaching staff for the 2019 season, confirming that running backs coach/assistant head coach Tony Alford, offensive line coach Greg Studrawa and tight ends coach/offensive coordinator Wilson are being retained.

The staff features five returning new coaches — four on the defensive side of the ball — and five returning coaches with Ryan Day entering his first season as Ohio State head coach.

“I am really excited with this foundation of coaches who will mentor, coach and prepare in all areas the young men in our program,” Day said in a press release. “I am obviously very comfortable with the coaches who have been here and helped us win consecutive Big Ten championships and bowl games, and I am thrilled they want to continue to help this program pursue championships and achievements.

“I am also confident the new assistant coaches will make an immediate impact on this program. I’m really looking forward to working with this staff these next couple months shaping the program and developing our players for the 2019 season.”

The New Coaches

Mike Yurcich: Passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach replacing Day. Yurcich spent the past six seasons as Oklahoma State’s offensive coordinator. The Euclid native is the only new offensive coach.

Jeff Hafley: Replaced Alex Grinch as co-defensive coordinator and secondary coach. Hafley spent the past three seasons with the 49ers as a defensive backs coach.

Greg Mattison: Replaced Greg Schiano as co-defensive coordinator. Mattison spent the past four seasons as Michigan’s defensive line coach.

Al Washington: Replaced Bill Davis as linebackers coach. The Columbus native was part of Michigan’s coaching staff last season at the same position.

Matt Barnes: Replaced Taver Johnson as special teams coordinator and assistant secondary coach. Barnes spent the past two seasons as Maryland’s special teams coordinator.

The Returning Coaches

Tony Alford: Enters his fifth season as the running backs coach and assistant head coach

Brian Hartline: Promoted to full time wide receivers coach in December after being in the interim role in 2018.

Kevin Wilson: Enters his third season as tight ends coach and offensive coordinator

Greg Studrawa: Enters his fourth year as offensive line coach

Larry Johnson: Was promoted to associate head coach to go along with his title of defensive line coach. Johnson is the only returning coach on the defensive side of the ball.

The graduate assistants include Kenny Anunike, Keenan Bailey, Parker Fleming, Bob Fraser and Matt Thurin.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Huge news:

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's awesome for us Buckeye fans!!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Great News although I would not have panicked with Baldwin ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
CFB Preseason AP Top 25
1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 UGA
4 Oklahoma
5 Ohio St
6 LSU
7 Michigan
8 Florida
9 ND
10 Texas
11 Oregon
12 A&M
13 Washington
14 Utah
15 Penn St
16 Auburn
17 UCF
18 Michigan St
19 Wisconsin
20 Iowa
21 Iowa St
22 Syracuse
23 Washington St
24 Nebraska
25 Stanford

#gmSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
What a disappointing non-conference schedule for the Buckeyes.

Only Florida Atlantic and Cincinnati.

Owls first in less than two weeks. Looks like they're ~27 point dawgs.

Might as well have a barbecue during the game.

Legend
Legend
I think PSU will end up better than where they’re ranked ... and I have a sneaking suspicion ichigan will end up worse smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I will persevere and prevail! I reserve to root the Buckeyes yet again.

And I will root against any Harbaugh-led group.

Status quo in other words.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
The Gators play out of conference 4 times. UT Martin and Towson are the push-overs as well as two tough games against Miami(Fl) and FSU.

We have been going against FSU for many years to finish the season. This Miami series is over after this year, but picks back up again in 24-25.

Down the road we play home and home against Colorado in 28-29 and Texas in 30-31.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ohio State/ College Football, continued.

Link Copied to Clipboard