Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Scaramucci assembling team of former Cabinet members to speak out against Trump

Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci said on Monday that he’s assembling a team of former Cabinet members to speak out against President Trump in an effort to find a Republican challenger to the president in 2020.

“I'm in the process of putting together a team of people that feel the exact same way that I do. This is not a ‘Never Trump’ situation, this is not just screeching rhetoric. This is, 'OK, the guy's unstable, everyone inside knows it, everyone outside knows it, let’s see if we can find a viable alternative,'” Scaramucci said Monday on CNN’s “New Day.”

“Moreover, I’ve got to get some of these former Cabinet officials in unity to speak up about it.”

Scaramucci would not reveal names of former officials that he said feel that Trump is unstable. But he said he expects more to come out publicly in upcoming months.

“I predict in middle or late fall there will be a trove of people that will come together in unity to say this is what’s going on. This is how the person’s acting. This is why there’s nobody inside the White House he’s taking any advice from,” Scaramucci said.

He also did not disclose names of possible candidates he’s looking to back along with the team he’s looking to assemble.

“I don’t think it’s fair to those people,” he said.

Around the same time Scaramucci spoke on CNN, Trump renewed an attack on his former staffer. He tweeted that Scaramucci is a “nut job” that he “barely knew.”

“He was a mental wreck. We didn’t want him around. Now Fake News puts him on like he was my buddy!" Trump tweeted.

Trump also tweeted that there is "great cohesion" inside the Republican Party.

Scaramucci had long defended Trump but in recent weeks has spoken out against the president’s rhetoric and actions.

Trump has drawn one official Republican primary challenger so far, former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld.

Weld previously appeared on the Libertarian Party presidential ticket with former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson in 2016.

Former GOP Rep. Mark Sanford (S.C.) has also said he is weighing a possible challenge against Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...rs-to-speak-out

rofl

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
A nothing story, a bunch of noise with no substance. I'll pay attention to this when (if) anyone of substance ever actually speaks out about Trump .... till then, not so much.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: mgh888
A nothing story, a bunch of noise with no substance. I'll pay attention to this when (if) anyone of substance ever actually speaks out about Trump .... till then, not so much.
thumbsup

So, the guy that got fired after 10 days, is looking for people that feel 'the exact same way he does', but he won't name names,

And "I predict in middle or late fall there will be a trove of people that will come together in unity to say this is what’s going on. This is how the person’s acting. This is why there’s nobody inside the White House he’s taking any advice from,” Scaramucci said. "

You mean to tell us this is a nothing story?? thumbsup

Keep in mind, the o.p. hasn't been exactly accurate in his thoughts. As in, he's an O'fer.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He has the credibility of Trump. None.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

"anyone of substance" will be subjective to the person reading it and as we've seen on here many times, those who adamantly support Trump, will disregard pretty much anybody who speaks out against him as "not credible".

Also, I'm pretty tired of these republicans saying how much they are going to speak out against Trump without anybody mounting a primary campaign against him... If you think he's that terrible (and a lot of people do) then SOMEBODY should be able to give him a run for him money in a primary... Imagine how many MORE republicans might be willing to speak out against him if they knew doing so wasn't a glaring endorsement for Warren or Sanders or Biden... Give me another option to the right of that, then have at it.

I will forever remember Trump stating what a great judge of character he is and how he will only surround himself with the best people.. well one of those things can't be true because of the number of people he has fired or have fled and who are now speaking out against him... either he was a horrible judge of character and hired the wrong people... or he hired the right people who didn't wise up until after they were hired...

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
You touched on a point I have thought of as well. It seems so many say that a lot of Republicans aren't happy with him. Well most Republicans have the same basic political beliefs. I mean their platform is pretty much set by the party as is the Democrats.

It would be nice to see Republicans have a choice to support someone else with the same political platform that wasn't such a nasty human being to see just how many of them actually care about character.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
It just blows my mind. I think I probably lean like you, DC, where I'm pretty 50/50 regarding policy. I just place a lot of value on how that president would represent America and if I think, overall, his actions would benefit the American people.

I'm probably one of the view liberal leaning people that think America IS and CAN STILL BE the safe haven and "police" of the world. A lot of republicans think this is bad, but I feel it is unrealistic and irrational to think the world isn't moving towards globalization.

But I just feel that the presidents greatest value is portraying the United States as a great place and the center of overall world peace. AGAIN, I DON'T HATE REPUBLICANS. But it feels that most Republicans think that "America is #1 and everyone else needs to fall in line" while I think that "America is truly a great place but we have a lot that could make us even better."

I feel that most left wings will state Canadian or European Healthcare is a reason that we aren't number 1. And I'd argue that America has brought so much more to the Healthcare and Education industries as a whole that ANY country can claim. America also has a [censored] ton on mass shootings and the police have way more power and "mulligans" than most countries. However, I also think we have a much more diverse and aggressive population than most "developed" countries. But I think that this is that, because of our violence and aggressiveness, we were able to defeat the Brits in both the 18th and 19th century and were also able to be on the winning side of 2 world wars.

It doesn't mean that there aren't negatives. And I also think that it is unfair to compare the USA to European countries in regards to healthcare. Yeah, the USA was aggressive to the Native Americans (which we and I can't take back at this point in history), our MAIN wars (War of Independence, War of 1812, Civil War, WW1 and WW2). American politics have also been incredibly racist. I'm not denying that.

But we've had an incredible buffer (the Atlantic Ocean), and have been shielded from the BS that went on in Europe because of Monarchy's and Extremism. Most European countries actually have the ability to "claim" a "race." Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, etc.). We are American. We were founded no the uncomfortable choice of choosing 'America' or '(whatever nationality) we choose.'

I don't know. I don't hate the republican party. My favorite candidate is Tulsi Gabbard because 1. She isn't afraid to cross party lines and, if she has, she's basically agreed that she was in the wrong prior too (mostly on controversial topics), she also isn't afraid to talk to 'enemies of the state,' because we've seen time and time again when the 'enemies' actually turn out to be our allies.'

Also, she's smoking hot. I know this probably should play in to anything, but god damn. You think she wouldn't be afraid to turn down people? You really think she could 'sway' minds to take her stance based off of her looks? I mean [censored], I'd vote her her because at least she can speak intelligently AND I know the rest of the world would be watching.

I just can't stand Trump. I really, REALLY hope the Republicans can put someone up that looks like a better option than this man. The President is supposed to represent America. I feel that President Trump is the total opposite and he embarrasses our country time and time again.

Side note--I feel like most of hist supporters really don't understand how intertwined the world is and how they really just look ridiculous. It's so hard to defend the party that DEFENDS that LEADER of said party who has stated that brown congresswomen should 'go back to where they came from' and that all you have to do is 'grab a woman by the [censored].'

I mean, if that's how you feel, then ok. You're pretty awful. But if you don't feel that way, then just bring ANYONE other than President Trump forward.

Please.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'm probably one of the view liberal leaning people that think America IS and CAN STILL BE the safe haven and "police" of the world. A lot of republicans think this is bad, but I feel it is unrealistic and irrational to think the world isn't moving towards globalization.

In a different forum, I started a thread a couple days ago about leadership and what makes a good (or bad) leader..

One of the things that appeared to be a consensus is that people want to follow a GOOD LEADER.. I think this goes for countries as well as individuals and the President is the focal point of "Individual" for our country around the world.. nobody really wants to follow this guy... there might be other right wing leaders who would follow him, but they would do so without a lot of support from their citizens.

Trump is all about using his authority and his bully pulpit which he has as President, but if push came to shove, how many would really want to follow him?

One of the other things that came up repeatedly in the leadership thread was about listening and connecting with those you lead.. he has proven time and again that if your opinion differs from his, you are an idiot, you are fired.. you serve no purpose to him.. he wants to be surrounded by yes men who don't question him or offer counter opinions or call him out when he's wrong.

If you go down the list of things that makes somebody a great leader.. he blows at pretty much all of them.

And yes, on this notion of America being great.. I believe it is.. however, this notion that we have to do things the way we've always done them and can't learn from other countries success because "that won't work here".. is just stupid. We absolutely do not have a monopoly on greatness, or good ideas, or paths to improvement..

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One of the things that we are taught is to be humble. I will add grateful as well.

I don’t think that exists with many New Yorkers. I thought this guy was very similar to Trump, the difference being that when he stepped into it, he was gone.

I don’t consider either to be good people... no far from it. I have no need to listen to anything he has to say, and can probably guess the lines that woul be spoken by others.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I don't care about Mooch or what he says, I'm just watching the Trumpians turn on Trump.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Kasich thinking of running against Trump?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-c...imary-challenge

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Scaramucci assembling team of former Cabinet members to speak out against Trump

Link Copied to Clipboard