Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
Garrett and Vernon got to be licking their lips!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ame-suspension/

Taylor Lewan announces he failed drug test, faces four-game suspension
Posted by Josh Alper on July 24, 2019, 2:15 PM EDT

Getty Images
The Titans will be without left tackle Taylor Lewan for the first four games of the 2019 season.

Lewan posted a video to Twitter on Wednesday to announce that he was informed by the league a few weeks ago that he failed a test for ostarine, which is banned under the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy.

In the video, Lewan acknowledges that the NFL’s policy makes him responsible for anything that goes into his body but said he did not knowingly take a supplement containing ostarine. Giants first-round pick Dexter Lawrence had the same explanation after testing positive for ostarine while at Clemson.

“I went and did a polygraph test about ostarine and knowingly taking it,” Lewan said. “I passed that test. I’ve never taken anything that would cheat the game.”

Lewan said he will release the results of that polygraph test in the coming days, but no result would allow him to avoid the four-game ban that accompanies a failed test. Dennis Kelly and Austin Pasztor are the top backup tackles for the Titans and one of them will likely be filling in for Lewan to open the season.

Legend
Legend
They are licking chops anyway.. This 4 man front gonna be a problem for any and everyone. Even the best.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
I don’t mind it.

One of Seattle’s best defensive players was also suspended and will miss us.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is significant.

Not just because they will be a little bit weaker, just for the luck of the upcoming season. I can't even remember how many times a player was suspended or hurt and coming back the week we play them. The fact that this year it's when we play them right away helps build that "things are different" vibe.

Legend
Legend
Quite a big loss for them, if the suspension holds up (sample B still has to be revealed)

He’s a good OT and given our DEs, will mean they’ll need to keep a TE in to block

And their WRs don’t inspire much anyways ... we can suffocate them

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Yes, that’s a big loss for Seattle too ... he’s a good DT
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I don’t mind it.

One of Seattle’s best defensive players was also suspended and will miss us.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
He seems to have accepted the suspension. He was on the local news channel here yesterday telling the team and fans how sorry he was and about taking and passing the polygraph test proving it wasn't intentional. He was tearing up about it too.

It seems here in Nashville they fully understand the impact losing him for this suspension will be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Does anyone know if the line has shifted as a result of this news?

Nope, it doesn't look like it has.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 07/25/19 08:46 AM. Reason: More information

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
We get a possible break, nothing is for sure until the games are played...or NFL make an official announcement. Titans scare me right off the bat. We better have our big boy pants and a know how to tackle cuz the A train is coming from Alabama and he ain't a small dude.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
The Titans defense is stout ... their front 7 was very good last year IIRC. It will be a low scoring affair most likely

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: myka
This is significant.

Not just because they will be a little bit weaker, just for the luck of the upcoming season. I can't even remember how many times a player was suspended or hurt and coming back the week we play them. The fact that this year it's when we play them right away helps build that "things are different" vibe.

yeah no kidding, maybe we can finally break the streak this year lol

L
Legend
Legend
L
We haven't been 1-0 since 2004.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Legend
Legend
L
How pathetic is that?

Been15 years since the Browns got a W in week 1.
Fif-teen.

I expect Bake will change that.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
I remember being in high school when we beat the Ravens in week 1 .. I’m currently 32 years old

Legend
Legend
We NEED to win week one

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Yayy! We play them week one.

Austin Paztor may be the backup?... oh,

As much as I really like Austin Paztor,

Yay! There starter is out and the Browns play them week one,

And I didn't even have to cheer an injury, ha ha.

Just got to Dominate them week one as a warm up to the Monday Night game, to go and trounce the Jets.

Hopefully.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is it official that he is getting suspended?
Last I heard we were still waiting on the results of the B sample.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Same here, though it seems like he’s conceded his suspension/guilt

Legend
Legend
Looking over the Titans roster, three guys I’m worried about:

Lewis, Henry, and Walker ... RBs and TEs

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Same here, though it seems like he’s conceded his suspension/guilt

It's a mixed bag to say the least.

Quote:
Titans LT Taylor Lewan on Looming Suspension: “It’s a Really Horrible Situation to Feel Like This”

NASHVILLE – Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan is facing a four-game suspension from the NFL, and on Thursday he apologized to his teammates, fans and the organization on the first day of training camp.

“It’s a really horrible situation to feel like this, and to walk into the locker room and tell those guys you’re not going to be with them for four games – it breaks my heart,” Lewan said. “It’s tough, man. But I’ve been very candid with Jon (Robinson) and (Mike) Vrabel and Amy (Adams Strunk) and told them right away.

“I don’t want the legacy, or whatever I have done in the last five years, to be tarnished because of this, because of something like this, that was a complete accident that I’m going to try and make up for.”

Lewan plans to appeal his suspension for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances.

“I didn’t take anything knowingly,” Lewan said. “I know what the policy is, and I know people have their split opinions on it, but I’ve never done anything knowingly that would cheat the game.”

Lewan posted a video on Wednesday and said he received a letter from the NFL a few weeks ago saying he’d failed a drug test for ostarine.

At a press conference on Thursday, he spoke to reporters in more detail about the pending suspension, and how he got to this point with the NFL. While claiming he’s innocent, the three-time Pro Bowler is faced with the real possibility he’ll miss the first four games of the season.

“It’s going to kill me,” Lewan said. “It’s going to be a horrible situation to sit there on Sundays and have to watch on a TV. To come to a facility that I’ve been coming to for five, knowing that I am not allowed to come in. It’s going to break my heart. It breaks my heart now just talking about it.

“But now is no longer the time to feel sorry for myself. It is to make sure that people know the truth, and people know where I was coming from. I never meant any ill intention by this, and I am taking full responsibility for the suspension. … I am not running from anything. But it is going to absolutely kill me to know that I won’t be out there to help the boys out. If there is a loss, you’re always going to wonder: ‘Is there something I could have done?’ That’s a heartbreaking thing.”

Titans coach Mike Vrabel and GM Jon Robison said they’ll prepare to start the season without Lewan, who said he plans to do his part to help his teammates get ready. Lewan can participate in training camp, but as things stand now, he’ll be required to leave the team the first four weeks of the season.

Lewan said his teammates have been “incredibly supportive.”

“My goal in this training camp is to do whatever I can to help the tackles get ready for Week One – that’s the most important thing,” Lewan said. “This whole thing is not about me. It’s about the team and me helping out as much as I can to make sure it’s a smooth transition. The main thing for me is to get ready to play in Week 5.”

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans...le-situation-to

So, maybe I'm missing the mark here, but the indications seem to suggest he's taking responsibility for having failed the test but since it wasn't intentional he is appealing the suspension.

The NFL has never made an exception on the basis of accidentally taking a banned substance. I'm sure it happens that players do take medications and supplements they have no idea that contain certain banned substances. But the NFL, and I agree, feels it's up to the players to apply due diligence to insure that doesn't happen.

The idea of a second test and disputing the suspension is pretty much par for the course. I'm quite certain his agent and their associates advised him to follow that path. But in the end, it is what it is.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah, it seems like he’s admitting guilt to me, but the end result is never known until it’s handed down I guess

O
Legend
Legend
O
He's probably trying to get it knocked down from 4 games to something smaller.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Yeah that could be

Legend
Legend
Titans’ OT Taylor Lewan now officially suspended four games.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1164986457595043840

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
J/c

Figured it would hold up .. their backup T is a big down grade

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Titans’ OT Taylor Lewan now officially suspended four games.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1164986457595043840

Legend
Legend
Well, I have to believe this suspension will really impact the game planning for those suspension games. The routes got shorter, I would think fewer receivers, and the field got longer in that it may well take more snaps to score in a dink drive.

Our folks should be ready to shine!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I think it really affects them ... gotta keep in a TE to chip .. one less target for Marriota ... we can suffocate them already due to their lack of top tier WRs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am sorry to hear that.

nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner

I do not want to celebrate the misfortune of others.

nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
I am sorry to hear that.

nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner

I do not want to celebrate the misfortune of others.

nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner nanner
brownie

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Titans Left Tackle Suspended first 4 Games

Link Copied to Clipboard