[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Jc

In regards to Hoyer, he provided us with some of our best football since 99 .... sad as that is to admit. Plus, he was thrown into the crap storm with Manziel. I respect him for all of that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Bissett looked pretty good in our preseason game, but its hard to tell in preseason.

I don't think he will last not because of talent but because the lack of talent by the OL - he is going to have to take off way too many times. Hoyer will get some starts.

Both QBs were Tom Brady Backups.

I still hated that Luck actually got Booed by his home town fans when he was announced at the last home game in INDY...a guy full of class had to experience such a classless act and the sports media were a lot to blame on it. As if he left them in a jam whee they have to scramble. Luck didn't take one preseason rep. If the HC of the Colts cant be prepared then he doesn't deserve to be the HC.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
How prepared can you be having to start your back-up QB?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Plus, if you remember back ... Brissett looked good against us two years ago when the Colts beat us too. I think his throwing prowess has improved since then as well. To me, the Colts are just as much of a contender than the Texans, Ravens, Browns, etc (Not quite to the level of the Chiefs, Pats, Steelers, Chargers) ... but right there

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
How prepared can you be having to start your back-up QB?

Well they had all preseason to start their backup. The only one not prepared would by Hoyer that they acquired. As we all know its not easy to get a starter. Bissett has started and is not a bum I'm not sure you understand the word prepared when the said BACKUP took all the snaps of the STARTING QB both in practice and in games.

Are you saying that they would have been able to get more TALENT...cause they are more prepared than any team out there if they lost their Starter..In the Colts case they had their backup with the ones all training camp and preseason.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I was just pointing out that any time you go into the season losing a talent like Luck you can only be as prepared as what you've been handed.

It's kind of like having to revamp your playbook at the last minute. Brisset isn't chopped liver but he'll never be an Andrew Luck. So yeah, as to your point I would say they're as prepared as they can be. I'm just not sure any of them are actually prepared to play the 2019 season without Luck.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
No denying Luck was a major loss. I guess mentally the ORGANIZATION was not prepared to have football at some time without Luck!

But then we don't know how long Luck has been knocking this around and who in the Organization knew about it???

But the back up and team has prepared themselves whether on purpose or not as Bissett got the reps with the starters.

Lets take us for example. Baker was not prepared to start as he didn't take any snaps with the ones last season prior to his coming in with the injury to Taylor.

But I don't feel bad for the Colts cause they had Payton all those years and then they played SUCK FOR LUCK one season for another Franchise QB. But they mishandled him by not investing in OL until it was too late.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I certainly don't feel sorry for Irsay. I don't however hold that against the players or coaching staff. None of them were even there when the entire "Suck For Luck" thing happened.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

A couple of things:

--The OL is pretty good now. The new GM, Chris Ballard, has done a helluva job bringing in talent on the OL and the defense.

--Brissett has been getting all the reps in camps all summer long. He'll be prepared.

--I think he is better than most folks think.

--Acquiring Hoyer as a backup was a huge move for the Colts.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I looked at Brissett a lot when he was draft eligible. In college he would have one game where I thought he looked like a#1 overall pick then there'd be another game where it looked like he would have trouble starting for an average HS team. Really struggled to get a good feel for him.

Have not followed his career in the NFl

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I haven’t seen TOO much of him, but I’ve always been impressed with his decision making and his feet. It seems like he rarely puts his team in a tough spot. At the very worst, he’ll be a good manager of the game

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Andrew Luck Retires

Link Copied to Clipboard