Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's been a couple of days and I want to be clear that I am not predicting doom and gloom. We could very well start the season on fire. It would not surprise me. I just find it a bit concerning that our starters are not getting many reps together. I could be wrong, but hasn't OBJ sat out most practices?

R
Legend
Legend
R
Here's what I would do if I played the Browns every single passing play. Play man and bring pressure up the middle. Sit on routes and break on the ball.

Baker, due to his height, is most likely going to want to throw to the outside. I would be expecting that.

If he beats me that way, hats off. But I would do it all game until he does. If he doesn't, you've just provided a game plan for the other 30 teams.

I'm not sure if not working with a QB coach was an issue or a non issue. But I hope Baker is mentally prepared for year 2.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Freddie talks a lot and he talks tough, but I wonder if it wise that we are not getting Baker, OBJ, Landry, and Njoku enough reps????

1. How good is Freddie actually going to be? Either he's keeping everything about the Browns out of the eye of other teams in preseason - players AND play calling/scheme ... or we are significantly further away from being ready for week 1 than I ever imagined.

The former, I think.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That is pretty much what the Chargers did. Of course, that was when the bullhead Haley was still running the offense.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946
If you have 2 field goal kickers, you have none.

Cut one and move along.

rofl ...

So true ... thumbsup

I though Joseph kicked himself out of a job and said so a week or two ago ...

The kid looked good yesterday ... we’ll see if he sticks or we trade or pick some one up after waivers ....

He's not going to make the team because of last nights performance ... he did help himself but he’s got to have been doing it and continue to do it for him to stick ... the numbers i’ve Seen lately tell me he’s improving and getting fairly consistent ... thats all u can ask of him at this stage ... he’s not a finished produce yet .. not even close ..

Were built to win RIGHT NOW ... i expect all the moves to reflect that ... like with the hammer ... no matter how good he is it wouldn’t shock me if we stuck with old reliable in this case ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We expect Baker to make the pinpoint throws and he was slightly off on Friday. He has had a few bad first halves and came out strong in the 2nd. He will have more of those but it wont be all that noticeable if the run game is churning.

In scrimmage we ran the ball all over the colts front 7. We didnt work on it much at all. I think we have run the same run on 80% of our runs this preseason. We aren't doing that come Titans week 1.

We play the Bucs 4 quarters with Landry, OBJ, Chubb, Njoku, Myles and Vernon, we probably win this game 30 to 6. That's not blind optimism, it's truly how I see it playing out. They were without Mike Williams but these weren't just coverage sacks.

Frankly, I am glad Freddie has something to beat the O over the head with for these next 2 weeks.

Btw nick chubb may be the most feared back in the league come playoff time.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just have to add something in regards to your comment on Seibert. Actually I do feel he made his case for the starter in the Tampa Bay game. And here's why....

You have practice players, then you have players who perform when the spotlight hits.

I've seen guys who certainly don't perform well in practice. Yet when the heat is on and you apply the pressure, they shine.

I've also seen players who look like gold during practices. Yet when you put them in a game environment, they fold like a wilted lily.

Sure, it was only a preseason game. But when the team was on the field and the fans were in the stands, he came through.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Coming from the same place I think. I am getting a little nervous of 'the Browns being the Browns' - and injury or a regression or something we were counting on to be great (Baker) and finding out that it's barely average ... but overall I am still high on the Browns being much improved.

What I have become more aware of - putting aside the questions over team chemistry and player performance .... we have a rookie HC who has taken a G.I.A.N.T elevation in responsibility/position. No one knows how he will do despite liking his manner/attitude/football acumen .... We also have no clue as to what and how the offense will be run - scheme or the play calling. Those are big wild card issues to not know.

The flip side - of all the hype and kudos the Browns have gotten during the off season, I don't think anyone is really ready or expecting to see the type of pressure and success I think our DL and front 7 will demonstrate. I think/am confident they are coming in under the radar and are going to [punch a few teams in the mouth and shock them.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
My concern is last year as well. The tape is out there on BM. He is showing some tendencies and he won't be the gunslinging surprise this year that he was his rookie year. I thought he had a bad half for us being throw happy against the Buccs. Our run game with the ones was puerile. They handled all of it well and made it look consistently easy. Weather in our division is going to demand running ability for a couple wins. I just hope we aren't going to try to "integrate" the whole thing during our early games. We did not look like we brought our heads to the last game.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Those are some crazy clips of Vernon

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Those are some crazy clips of Vernon

Watched a little of the Steelers vs Titans last night.. watched Bud Dupree abuse the Titans stand-in LT... even Collinsworth said that Myles Garrett was going to have a field day against that guy in week 1.. Garrett and Vernon might be fighting over who gets to line up on the right side of our defense. tongue

yebat' Putin
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lol i heard that too ... they have to be salivating. Even if they leave a TE to chip, the other one will feast with the 1 on 1

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Didn't Greedy get injured? Anyone know his status?

Legend
Legend
I thought he was back in the game later on after he made that one tackle. I don't think it was anything significant, whatever it was.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I thought he was back in the game later on after he made that one tackle. I don't think it was anything significant, whatever it was.

He did come back in the game.

yebat' Putin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 12 Buccaneers 13 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard