Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Legend
Legend
V
Baker was not accurate last night.

Legend
Legend

I love these because you can see the patterns all the way.

Watching games often the receivers leave the frame.

Honestly I like the way the game went. I stated in post game thoughts that it makes for teaching moments.

This the third pre-season game. I highly doubt any coach in the NFL is satisfied at this point.

The offense is a unit. They did not perform as good as they can. QB, OL, receivers, TE's, backs.

It is not on any single player. Listen to Freddie's presser.

I am glad Freddie handled the way he did. We can learn from this. Correct what needs to be corrected and move on.

Two weeks to get things right.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Baker was not accurate last night.

Did you watch the video? Where do you disagree?

A guy who actually gets his video commentary posted on message boards disagrees with you. What you got? Other than a comment with absolutely ZERO to back it up?

E
Legend
Legend
E
I would like to ask a simple question, what scheme did we see that rendered Baker totally ineffective? The one where they covered the WRs like a glove leaving hardly any Window to pursue?

The scheme that had Chubb, OBJ, Landry and Njoku out??? Well that is a good one I guess. What scheme? and even after he eluded some rush and got free there wasn't a WR wide open for him to take on. The only thing I saw him pass up on was the last second dump off to the RB.

Not getting snarky or anything. I'm just curious what scheme am I missing???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
10 for 26 w/a lot of throws that were inaccurate.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
10 for 26 w/a lot of throws that were inaccurate.

So...the STATS say he was inaccurate. Got it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
His passes constantly sailed high. It was a bad outing. Everyone has those. Just suck it up and move on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yup.

I don't know how you can look at that game and say that he was accurate. There were a LOT of misplaced passes. Granted, they were typically off by only half a foot to a foot from where you might want to see things, but that was the difference with a lot of them.

Their QB was off (aside from the crazy pressure), too, so it may have just been the humidity/air.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
FWIW...I was referencing the Baldinger video. He was the one claiming that Baker was "accurate". He then proceeded to highlight (4) great throws that probably get caught by our starters in those positions...and he left out the Higgins touchdown throw that wasn't caught (tough catch on a great throw with great coverage).

I find it disingenuous to claim that Baker was inaccurate as a reply to that video without mentioning the video and the author's point. Those four throws were incredibility accurate - even though not caught. Different types of throws made with 3 of 4 giving the defender no chance to make the catch for themselves. The Higgins missed TD not included in the above.

Baker absolutely had some throws that sailed. He himself that he didn't have a good game. He looked...'off'. He did not whine about the drops, the frightening lack of separation or the incorrect depth on many routes (Kitchens words on the depth...not mine.)

In the end...a guy doesn't make throws like those in the video if he is an inaccurate QB.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I never claimed that Baker had zero accurate throws. He did have some accurate throws. However, as a whole, he had too many inaccurate throws in that particular game.

I'll be waiting for your six-paragraph essay of how I was wrong about Baker and how I want him to fail and how I will be miserable for the next fifteen years while he shines, etc, etc.

Hell, you've posted it so many times that I have it memorized. LOL

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
I never claimed that Baker had zero accurate throws. He did have some accurate throws. However, as a whole, he had too many inaccurate throws in that particular game.

I'll be waiting for your six-paragraph essay of how I was wrong about Baker and how I want him to fail and how I will be miserable for the next fifteen years while he shines, etc, etc.

Hell, you've posted it so many times that I have it memorized. LOL

Do you have a link to those claims? Just because they are probably true doesn't mean that I was the one - or the only one - to inform you.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

I find it disingenuous to claim that Baker was inaccurate as a reply to that video without mentioning the video and the author's point. Those four throws were incredibility accurate - even though not caught. ...

Baker absolutely had some throws that sailed. He himself that he didn't have a good game. He looked...'off'.

I see it as the same as the disagreement between Vers & I regarding the OLine. I mention that they did poorly and he defends them because he feels they did good in Pass Pro most of the time, but they sucked 100% of the time in Run blocking and still let up pressures and hits in Pass Pro....\ They were still "off".

Yes, they had some good spurts, as did Baker, and you KNOW the ability is there.. it's just that on this night the execution was not there, or when it was it wasn't there with consistency.

As a whole, Baker was not accurate Friday, just as the Oline, as a whole, wasn't so great overall. They both played well below their abilities and expectations.

Browns is the Browns

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
I agree. To that point, I'd like the starters to get a series in game 4 if for no other reason than to get the bad taste from their mouths.

Legend
Legend
I would like to see that, too, but if coach feels the reasons for them being off are easily explained and corrected and that they don't need the work, then I'm ok with waiting 10 more days to see them again.

As long as the problems get ironed out and they are ready, I'm all good with whatever approach they take.... though, the selfish part of me REALLY wants to see them all out there together, just to feed my excitement.

Browns is the Browns

V
Legend
Legend
V
I have no inside info, but I think we'll rest the starters for the entire game. I could see them getting one series, but I kind of doubt it.

I'm fine w/that. I thought it was smart to let them play in game 3, but game 4 is another story. I think this game is more about getting a good look at the guys on the bubble.

Legend
Legend
A friend told me at lunch that he heard this morning to expect them to sit all the starters Thursday. It is what it is; I'll be watching no matter what smile

Browns is the Browns

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
I feel the same way. I want them to play, but I don't think they "need" to play unless something gets sideways the last two weeks of camp...which we will never know either way.

I like the idea of the starters going through the week's preparations knowing they will play the upcoming game. Dress rehearsal...if you will. Get in the groove.

I have recurring nightmares of Weeden/Kizer et al taking off game 4 as if they were 'ready'. We aren't those Browns and Baker isn't those QBs...but...battered Browns fan syndrome is tough to shake.

R
Legend
Legend
R
jc -

Don't know how many of you do this or not, but when I go back and rewatch a game it's never as bad or as good as I thought. For example, i just recently rewatched every pass from the last Ravens game last season. My recollection was that minus the picks Baker was really good that game. I came away changing my thoughts on that. It was a bad game for him or any QB for that matter.

I just did the same thing with the TB game from Friday. Baker wasn't as bad as I thought. Let's face it, only a handful of guys are even attempting the throws he attempts. They were slightly off but I liked that he was attempting them.

We just need the season to start.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum How Baker changed everything

Link Copied to Clipboard