Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
If Seibert weren't to make the team, I need to change my fantasy football team name. "Seibert, See Ernie too" isn't the same if Seibert weren't in the league. My backup name will be "Kerryon my wayward son", yes I have Kerryon Johnson.

Legend
Legend
I like the Kerryon one myself

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
That's criminal. brownie

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Oh, boy. He had better kick well then smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Helpfully Phil's mojo rubs off on Seibert.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend

Seibert is my biggest concern.

I am ok with the Hammer. Because I don't believe he will lose a game for us.

Seibert? I dislike rookie kickers. That is a generalization.

The reason is - you just don't know. Can he perform when it counts?

Kickers practice and practice. They all have the leg to make the kicks.

It is all about the pressure. Can the kicker block out all distractions and do his job?

Siebert made the team. He made kicks in the pre-season.

That's great. But I like guys who have been there and are proven. I want guys who are money at 45 and under. And they can make the longer kicks at a decent percentage.

Seibert is a unknown at a critical position.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I disagree to an extent. I understand that "real games" aren't the same as "preseason games", but they are certainly more pressure than "practice".

Especially when you combine that with the fact he was fighting for the job.

I do agree that practice is practice. But when the lights are on and there are fans in the stands. When you are competing against someone for your job and your future, that's a lot of pressure.

And when that pressure was on Seibert came through big time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I get what you are saying. He made the team.

But when a kicker is brought into a game as the clock is ticking down to tie or win the game?

The whole team is depending upon you.

He has yet do that at this level. I am sure in his college years he has done it.

Now he is expected to do it.

When he has a season under his belt and has proven that then I will be less concerned.

Until then he remains a concern for me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think I'm just less concerned for the reasons I stated above.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I get what you are saying. He made the team.

But when a kicker is brought into a game as the clock is ticking down to tie or win the game?

The whole team is depending upon you.

He has yet do that at this level. I am sure in his college years he has done it.

Now he is expected to do it.

When he has a season under his belt and has proven that then I will be less concerned.

Until then he remains a concern for me.

I get what you're saying, and I agree. I think there is definitely more pressure when the team is depending on you to win a game. Especially at the NFL level.

And I tried googling it, but anyone know how many game winning kicks he had at OU? I imagine there werent a ton. I found one article that said he missed a fg in regulation that sent OU to overtime, but OU pulled the win off in OT.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
All i know is i would rather have seibert kicking a game winner than Joseph. Even the pressure kicks Joseph hit were hardly true. kuckleballing line drives. Seibert was 85% his last 2 years at OU and missed 1 XP his last 2 years at OU and i am sure a few of those were pressure packed - big time program playing big time football.

Legend
Legend
If the OU fan who recently joined is correct, it seems like Seibert is very feast or famine and streaky ... lol lets just hope he’s on a hot streak when the games on the line

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hopefully, he will be the next Dawson. Phil wasn't always a seasoned vet. When we got him he has his share of growing pains. Didn't much matter at the time as we sucked. But you can't find guys like Dawson without putting them in there and letting them take their lumps. I hope both of our kickers will be with the team as long as Dawson was. We shall see. Go Browns!!!

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hammer
All i know is i would rather have seibert kicking a game winner than Joseph. Even the pressure kicks Joseph hit were hardly true. kuckleballing line drives. Seibert was 85% his last 2 years at OU and missed 1 XP his last 2 years at OU and i am sure a few of those were pressure packed - big time program playing big time football.

I agree. I didn't like the way he kicked. If Seibert didn't win the job we would need to find someone else anyway. Joseph was always a stopgap guy. Not a long term solution.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
If the OU fan who recently joined is correct, it seems like Seibert is very feast or famine and streaky ... lol lets just hope he’s on a hot streak when the games on the line

Which Poster is that???

for the last two season I watched pretty much every OU game.

Seibert was lights on accurate throughout then all of a sudden went into his first slump near the end of the season and came back. So not sure if he was streaky??? I do know he was great and did have that one slump.

Note he was also the punter and had to hold his own FGs...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: eotab

Note he was also the punter and had to hold his own FGs...lol laugh [/color]

He has to have GREAT FEET to do that .... thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: eotab

Note he was also the punter and had to hold his own FGs...lol laugh [/color]

He has to have GREAT FEET to do that .... thumbsup

And really long arms

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Austin Seibert will be the Browns kicker in 2019

Link Copied to Clipboard