Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Saw Nothing yet, thought I'd put this up there in case there are others who are waiting for the thread to post What They Saw...remember this is created to post little, many things that you saw and would like to SHARE IT FOR THE MANY WHO WILL NOT SEE.

I think its ready to record tonight or tomorrow morning on NFL Network so I'll post as soon as I get a shot to see. Of course ready for the NFL 2019 season finally its a week away!!! Here I am 63 going on 64 and its that feeling I had as a young kid waiting for Christmas to come...ONE WEEK AWAY lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am starting to like me some Braxton Miller.

Thank goodness the pre-season is OVER!

Finally, the season starts!

Go Browns!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Didn't look at any cuts or anyones evaluation of the last preseason game.

Lawrence is a beast hope he solidified himself on the team.

I also liked me some Miller Time - impressed me as a possible play maker and showed excellent hands. Just hope its not too late for him to make the team.

Trying to do some body reads...The way Kitchens patted Wilies on the helmet on some key catches on our first TD series tells me he should make the team.

Hyman played himself out of a roster spot for sure even if he played great I don't think he had a shot but he made too many mistakes. Question is who is he going to play for after being cut.

What to do, what to do... That kid is so good Gillan but Colquitt is about as solid as it gets. Will age be the factor.

I loved the way these two communicated with each other throughout the game. Obviously the vet advising the kid.

Sonny Seibert looking better and better, Joseph not even getting those last game duties as was stated. Obviously Joseph is gone...wish it was different but you simply did not exude confidence when going back there to kick.

The kid Seibert excelled in kick offs, and I think his 7-7 finish in FGs the last two games...also perfect in extra points did him well. This last game Gillam did all the holding.

I guy I have ripped all year, Corbett actually played well this last game. He definitely can get stronger I was surprised at that getting pushed back but he stayed with his blocks and the kid can move getting to the second level and from the center position was all over the place.

He did have 2-3 low shotgun snaps...low meaning just under the knees, not too bad.

Talking about knees. I sure hope Forbes knee is ok as he was rolled up on from behind on a run block - I can't stress any pops n moms out there who have youngens playing OL...you have to keep moving your legs you can stay planted especially at the end of a play...keep those legs pumping once planted you are going to get HURT...Forbes planted that left leg and it bent the wrong way for sure...Hope the kid is ok!

Blough looked impressive but I'm sure he will be cut hope he makes the practice squad the kid has game.

Does this none usage mean Stanton is gone or does he have Mayfield status as the #2 set in stone???

Speaking of Mayfield good to see that mustache gone..

I saw Njoku on our first run play...hold on to your hats...BLOCK! and didn't wiff he actually did a mediocre job which is a vast improvement.

I saw the H-back used with Devalve in the waning moments of the game as we ran the clock off...too bad Gray did not once choose to follow his blocker...not once...ehh I guess that is why he won't be with us.

I like that kid Johnson over Hilliard but it seems the coaches love hilliard.

Feel bad for that kid 77 as he basically single handed gave up our Safety...lol laugh

Wilson was impressive in his coverage for a rookie he recognized his TE quickly and made a play.

One negative that stood out for me regarding our defense. outside of our first preseason game I cannot remember us making another turnover the next 3 games, I was pretty shocked at that.

We of course got a ton of sacks and pressures. Rarely does things turn out as good in regular season as they do in preseason but this is the least I can remember starters not playing in preseason. I think Kitchens did a great job utilizing the preseason set up and played the starters just enough to get rust off but not injured!

Well I know this is the last of the preseason and we didn't really see any starters outside of Njoku one series and Higgins a couple more...the rest are players who are fighting for one or two jobs.

Thomas on D can go.

Carrie is a big ??? he shows some good but then messes up.

Guys who cannot tackle need to go.

Which means Gillam doe not??? I could see him making the team as a gunner if he doesn't get the Punting job. He's a good athlete and can TACKLE!

Well What did you see...besides Mayfield baiting the ref for a PI call...lol laugh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
In addition to the things you said, I saw Gilbert really toss that ball. Kid has some potential. As many others have said, I'd almost feel better as him with the backup over Stanton. Maybe by the middle of the season we'll see that. First few games we'll let him watch from the stands as he gets used to things.

I saw Hilliard looking much quicker than he had in earlier games. Maybe that hammy was holding him back.

I saw the preseason end, and there was much rejoicing.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Thomas on D can go..meaning the DB Thomas not the DE although he will be tough to keep as well...its either him or Zeitel???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Chad Thomas has been much getting love since OTAs. He will make it.

I wish Siebert could hit the middle of the posts every now and then.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
??? He usually does hit the middle its when he is at the right hash on close FGs that he scares you cause of TV angle as he purposely kicks it left...I agree this is mostly cause of College kicking where their hash marks are much wider and he had to go more of an angle kick...he will get use to the NFL Parameters.

As mentioned before I love how quick and high he kicks it making it a rarity to get one blocked.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
j/c

I don't understand the safety. A penalty in our end zone, is that it? The pass was completed so I thought the play would be run again with half the distance/

What am I missing?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: chet the jet
j/c

I don't understand the safety. A penalty in our end zone, is that it? The pass was completed so I thought the play would be run again with half the distance/

What am I missing?

Offensive holding occurred in the end zone so it is automatically a safety.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Originally Posted By: chet the jet
j/c

What am I missing?

Offensive holding occurred in the end zone so it is automatically a safety.

I think it was hands to the face, but any offensive foul that takes place in the end zone results in a safety.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Brown 20 Lions 16 What I saw Preseason Game 4

Link Copied to Clipboard