Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Legend
Legend
R
We were always losing to the Titans. Way overhyped team with a rookie head coach where week 1 is just an extension of the preseason and anything can happen. I think the shock was how we lost and how bad the offense looked in the process.

We were always beating the Jets.

We were going to be 50/50 toss up with Rams.

Everything record-wise has turned out the way it was supposed to.

The issue is the offense is a complete 180 from last year which makes the rest of the games that much more uncertain.

The Ravens are a beatable team. I don't buy for a minute that they a powerhouse team with an up and coming QB.

So like I said, we'll see what this team is made of. It's up to them, especially Freddie and Baker. My concern is I don't know how much you can get fixed in three days of practice.

Rishuz #1669333 09/27/19 11:06 AM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If Baker would learn to take what the D gives him instead of forcing it we might be ok. From what I've seen and read we had guys open underneath and he just didn't see them or tried for the bigger gain. We should run the way we did against the Rams or a little more, run shorter routes and some play action. That should open things up a little.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I wasn't buying into the hype nearly as much as some were. I understood the growing pains of a first time HC combined with a new OC and DC being implemented at the same time.

But I understand why so many did buy into it and am not going to sit here almost four weeks later and try to rub salt into their wounds.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Titans game was a disaster.. with all of the hype, to look that bad...

It's like going on a blind date and your friend builds up this girl as close to perfect so you get all excited.. then arrive at the restaurant and before she sees you, you see her picking her nose and wiping it under the table... Doesn't really matter how much better things get, it's hard to get that image out of your head...

We got a lot better in week 2 and even better in week 3.. but the "experts" still have that game 1 image in their heads (as do many of us) so every little thing is going to be picked apart until we do something to get it out of their heads...

We need to beat a decent team convincingly... things would calm down a lot.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Booger pickers need love too.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Booger pickers need love too.

From a distance.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

That says everything.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
The Titans game was a disaster.. with all of the hype, to look that bad...

It's like going on a blind date and your friend builds up this girl as close to perfect so you get all excited.. then arrive at the restaurant and before she sees you, you see her picking her nose and wiping it under the table... Doesn't really matter how much better things get, it's hard to get that image out of your head...

We got a lot better in week 2 and even better in week 3.. but the "experts" still have that game 1 image in their heads (as do many of us) so every little thing is going to be picked apart until we do something to get it out of their heads...

I think what cuts the deepest about the Titans loss is the 4th quarter performance. If the game ended with score after 3 quarters, there would be a lot of disappointment because people were expecting a Flying Circus on offense. But even then a close game isn't anywhere near as bad because you have to give the Titans some credit for a good game.

But when this team was down by only 9 points at the end of the 3rd and completely folded with a full quarter of play left? That was exactly the opposite of the team Freddie told us we had. For a team to come out that undisciplined and emotionally weak, it clearly shows that the coach didn't have the control or influence that he thought he did.

That game blasted a huge hole in Freddie and Baker's credibility as leaders. I think Freddie has promise and I do like Baker but we're 3 weeks in and we have no identity or direction for our offense. It's hard to tell the critics they're wrong when I can't tell them why I'm right.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
O
Legend
Legend
O
From a box score perspective, sure... and maybe that would've been enough to keep the talking (but empty) heads off our backs.

But in terms of how we looked, they were whooping our butts from the second quarter on.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:
But when this team was down by only 9 points at the end of the 3rd and completely folded with a full quarter of play left? That was exactly the opposite of the team Freddie told us we had. For a team to come out that undisciplined and emotionally weak, it clearly shows that the coach didn't have the control or influence that he thought he did.

Have to wonder how much of that sequence of events is still in Bakers head.. he's always had a reputation for having a short memory.. heck we saw it last year, he would throw an INT and as soon as he came back out he was still zipping it into tight places...

But going from being "in the game with a chance to win" and all of the expectations on his shoulders to being blown out in the 4th... We thought we were in it, then 2 of his first 3 passes in the 4th quarter were picked off and in a matter of minutes, we were getting blown out.. the one returned for a TD a couple drives later was just salt in the wound

yebat' Putin
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Hype Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard