Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Legend
Legend
V
I would imagine the cops have more info than the NFL does and they did not see enough information that led them to press charges against either party.

L
Legend
Legend
L
So you were being sarcastic?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
No, not at all. I'm saying that apparently law enforcement and the NFL both determined that there was not enough evidence to prosecute/punish Hill.

B
Legend
Legend
B
It's not about what people think. It's about what the DA can prove.

Thank God for that

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
J/c .... rofl ... talk about struggling with 0 + 0 ...

JARRAN REED
DL, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

NFL suspended Seahawks DT Jarran Reed six games for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Reed was accused of domestic violence in 2017. He was never charged or even arrested, but unlike the Tyreek Hill situation, the league evidently found enough evidence of its own to hand down a ban. Since the incident, Reed has emerged as a disruptive interior presence. He exploded for 10.5 sacks in 2018. His loss will be massive for the fire-and-brimstone 'Hawks, especially since Frank Clark has been traded. 2019 is a contract year for the 26-year-old.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jul 22, 2019, 1:08 PM ET

This is interesting. I wonder if the NFL investigated Hill's case and determined it was the mother who broke the boy's arm?

Hill and the wife were the only ones present when it happened, right?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
This is interesting:

Quote:
Authorities in Kansas refused to give NFL documents regarding Tyreek Hill case

Mike Florio,ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports 1 hour 31 minutes ago

The NFL’s in-house justice system is deeply flawed, for a variety of reasons. One of the most important reasons is this: It often has no power to get the evidence needed to properly investigate incidents involving players.

While the league can compel players and league/team employees to cooperate, the league has no authority to issue subpoeanas for testimony or documents to people disconnected to the NFL.

As explained by A.J. Perez of USA Today, those inherent limits on the NFL’s investigative abilities prevented the league from conducting a complete investigation regarding child-abuse allegations made against Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill. Perez reports that prosecutors in Kansas relied on an exception to the state’s open-records law to deny the league’s request for information relating to the case that explored whether and to what extent Hill’s son was the victim of child abuse.

On April 24, Johnson County, Kansas prosecutor Steve Howe said at a press conference that he believes a crime was committed against Hill’s son, but that insufficient proof existed as to the identity of the perpetrator.

The league made the request for information that same day. The next day, Howe responded, citing the exception to decline to provide any information to the NFL.

This means that Hill hasn’t been exonerated by the league. Instead, the NFL was unable to find a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy because it can’t get the information from the agency that is entitled to keep it secret, given that it has decided that it lacks proof beyond a reasonble doubt to prove Hill’s guilt.

It’s still unclear why Howe didn’t simply choose to charge both parents — Hill and Crystal Espinal — presenting the evidence and letting a jury decide whether either or both were responsible for the crime that Howe believes was committed. Even if both were acquitted, the league would then have access to the evidence, if any, against Hill. Given that the NFL applies a much lower standard to matters of guilt or innocence, the evidence that would be introduced at a trial of Hill and/or Espinal could have been enough to justify discipline.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/authorities-kansas-refused-nfl-documents-230701342.html

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
j/c

The biggest difference between the Reed and Hill cases is that the NFL was able to get information from people in Reeds case. Whether that is through the police or their own investigators. In Hills case, no one is talking and the police cannot give out any information. So I agree with Pit that when it comes to abusing the child, Hill should not be suspended by the NFL. That does not satisfy my idea of justice. Especially for the child... I think it sucks, but it is the right thing for due process.

Personally I would like to see them being taken to trial jointly. They can use their fifth amendment right all they want. It does not preclude them from a guilty verdict. And if they are both facing a prison term...who knows...one of them may rat the other out.

With that said I think the article posted concerning the tape is absolutely correct. I think the tape is reason enough to suspend Hill on the basis of a verbal threat of implied violence.

I don't know why Hill isn't suspended...I mean Josh Gordon never hurt a fly outside of himself...And the NFL drove the bus over him and then backed up (of course they did also try to help him). But when looking at others like Mixon, Hunt, Reed, Elliott, Brady etc. I do think the consistency with which the NFL doles out its suspensions should definitely be questioned.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
P
Legend
Legend
P
Gordon's problem was doing the same thing over, and over and over again.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"Reed was accused of domestic violence ..."

"Reed has emerged as a disruptive interior presence."

Interesting word choices in almost back to back sentences...

yebat' Putin
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I agree, not the "best" example...But his punishments have been far more severe than those who have been violent. I think that is I would want someone to get out of the imperfect example.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really disagree with your premise. And it is an indication of just how much the powerful are concerned with controlling you.

It makes their priorities obvious.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Like a comedian said,"You can't fix stupid." The repeaters are real problems, and expect folks to buy into whatever their rationalizations or justifications seem to be. I can be supportive; that is not to say that well is bottomless. Tyreek may fall into this category.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
So much for your theory Pete ....

JARRAN REED
DL, SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

The Bellevue, Was. prosecuting attorney did not pursue domestic violence charges against Seahawks DT Jarran Reed in 2017 because he felt there was "insufficient evidence to prove the crime occurred."

The Bellevue PD recommended a fourth-degree assault charge, but Reed was never arrested or charged. Washington law enforcement could not gather the necessary evidence, but the NFL's investigators apparently did. The league has not elaborated on the findings that led it to hand down a six-game suspension.

SOURCE: Seattle Times
Jul 23, 2019, 7:34 PM ET

Legend
Legend
So, the NFL suspended him based on their own findings and not the legal system’s?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I also find it odd that a "former teacher" is personally ok with a child abuser to be playing in the NFL and not reprimanded.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet nobody has proven he's a child abuser.

#gmstrong
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
I just heard MMQB's Albert Breer on local sports talk and he made a good point, IMO. Breer said that the difference between the Tyreek Hill case and other domestic abuse cases is that the alleged victim(s) did not cooperate with authorities or the NFL. One of the alleged victims wasn't questioned because they are 3 years old and in the care of child protective services, and the other (a victim because of Hill's threat to her after assaulting her in the past) - the child's mother - chose not to cooperate. Breer said (I'm paraphrasing) that Goodell sent a clear message to future domestic abusers in the league: threats and coercion work if you want to avoid suspension.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
am i wrong for saying im not happy for him?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
am i wrong for saying im not happy for him?

Nope. I hope this dude gets his ish straight before something really stupid happens.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Good for him, and that’s with hoping that he stays on the right path

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

That contract I bet is about 8 inches thick with contingencies.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Tyreek Hill in trouble again

Link Copied to Clipboard