Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Number of uninsured jumps for first time since 2009

The number of people without health insurance jumped by 2 million from 2017 to a total of 27.5 million in 2018, according to census data release Tuesday.

It’s the first time the census survey reported an increase in the number of people without insurance since 2009, before ObamaCare took effect and vastly expanded coverage.

The total uninsured rate increased to 8.5 percent in 2018 from 7.9 percent in 2017.

Census officials said the increase was mostly driven by a drop in the number of people, including kids, covered by public programs like Medicaid.

The number of children without insurance also increased from 2017 to 2018 by 0.6 percent.

Kids living in the South were more likely to be uninsured than children living in other parts of the U.S.

Between 2017 and 2018, the uninsured rate for children living in the South increased by 1.2 percentage points to 7.7 percent

Hispanic children were more likely to not have insurance.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/46...million-in-2018

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Making America Uninsured again!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
updated...

Rachel Garfield, co-director of the Kaiser Family Foundation's program on Medicaid and the uninsured, said a variety of factors could play into the increase in the uninsured rate, including adding more requirements to Medicaid that beneficiaries have to follow in order to maintain coverage.

"There's a pretty long history showing when states put in more reporting requirements or increase administrative requirements for enrollees, people tend to fall off coverage," she said.

The new numbers give Democrats an opportunity to hit President Trump on his health care agenda. The Trump administration is supporting a lawsuit that would overturn ObamaCare, an issue that helped Democrats win back the House in 208.

His administration has also prioritized policies that would lead to declines in Medicaid enrollment.

“President Trump’s cruel health care sabotage has left two million more people without health insurance, forced to live in constant fear of an accident or injury that could spell financial ruin for their families," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)

"Instead of working to lower health costs for the American people, President Trump is asking the courts to destroy protections for the 130 million Americans with pre-existing conditions and erase every other benefit and protection of the Affordable Care Act."

Democrats running for president also seized on the news to accuse Trump of trying to "sabotage" ObamaCare.

"Mr. Trump lied," tweeted Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

"He promised to strengthen health care — instead, he has done everything he can to sabotage the Affordable Care Act. The result: Nearly two million people joined the ranks of the uninsured last year."

Trump and Republicans "played politics with health care and now Americans are paying the price," added Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), who is also running for president.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He has done everything to undermine and end Obamacare. Haven't you been paying attention? Most of you guys brag about that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Meanwhile, companies around here - some big companies - can't find people that want a job, with benefits, including health care, dental care, 401k match, vacation and paid sick days.

Starting wages from $12 to $25 an hour. A road construction company that guarantees a minimum of $50,000 your first full year.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Meanwhile, companies around here - some big companies - can't find people that want a job, with benefits, including health care, dental care, 401k match, vacation and paid sick days.

Starting wages from $12 to $25 an hour. A road construction company that guarantees a minimum of $50,000 your first full year.

Message me the company info. My nephew is looking for work.

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Which company? What's he do?

Miller Brother's Construction - Archbold. Allied Molded - Bryan Ohio. Sauder Woodworking, Archbold. Kamco - Montpelier. Campbell Soup - Napoleon. Con Agra - Archbold. Bil-Jax - Archbold. Several places in Defiance that escape me right now.

If you're serious, I can give you names of personnel people or even owners or ceo's/cfo's for 4 of the places.

Can your nephew pass a drug test? Cause if not, just stop right there.

Legend
Legend
The U.S. has 1 million more job openings than unemployed workers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-u-s-has-1-million-more-job-openings-than-unemployed-workers/

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Which company? What's he do?

Miller Brother's Construction - Archbold. Allied Molded - Bryan Ohio. Sauder Woodworking, Archbold. Kamco - Montpelier. Campbell Soup - Napoleon. Con Agra - Archbold. Bil-Jax - Archbold. Several places in Defiance that escape me right now.

If you're serious, I can give you names of personnel people or even owners or ceo's/cfo's for 4 of the places.

Can your nephew pass a drug test? Cause if not, just stop right there.

saywhat

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
He can FYI.

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
What? Lot's of companies won't, and can't for insurance reasons, employ people that can't pass a drug test.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Whatever arch. If you had been replying to somebody on the right like Ballpeen, 40, Erik, etc. I doubt you would have brought up passing a drug test. But I'll accept that it was just innocent because it's not worth you badgering me for the next 5 days.

F
Legend
Legend
F
J/C..

We are running about 60% that pass when they go, and that is ignoring the 25-30% that flat out walk out when informed of the requirement.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
When discussing jobs, Arch has mentioned passing a drug test many times in order to qualify for a job in his surrounding area. It was never directed at any particular group of people!

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Whatever arch. If you had been replying to somebody on the right like Ballpeen, 40, Erik, etc. I doubt you would have brought up passing a drug test. But I'll accept that it was just innocent because it's not worth you badgering me for the next 5 days.

notallthere Really? You think my reply to portland had something to do with politics?

Every company I mentioned requires a pre employment drug test. REGARDLESS of political affiliation.

Why? I would just say because their insurance companies require it.

Just like IF there is an accident at work, a drug test is required - independents, republicans, democrats, etc.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I'm with Arch here. I bring up to everyone i talk to about my industry, that if they're interested, they have to be able to pass a drug test.

Left, right, whoever. That's always part of my short schpeal. It offers a career, but if they're serious, they have to be clean. Cause we're all tested on the regular.

Cause, if they're not going to pass, it's just not worth their time.

It's a good question, cause many young folks like to smoke pot

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 09/12/19 08:40 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Number of uninsured jumps for first time since 2009

Link Copied to Clipboard