Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1661402 09/12/19 10:41 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://mobile.twitter.com/RichCimini

I figured it deserved its own thread here.

Trevor Siemien will start in his place

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Just read this.

Actually I wanted to watch Darnold. But if this helps us hey what are you going to do.

Also I watched Chris Simms breakdown of the Titans game. Thought it was interesting.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vegas opened at Browns -2.5

Jumped to -6

Points went from 45.5 to 44

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So that means we should win 25-19

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Hope we don't waste a break. History of backups smoking us.

Let's not play clueless.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Hope we don't waste a break. History of backups smoking us.

Let's not play clueless.

It’s not like he doesn’t have a bunch of starts under his belt either. He put up decent numbers for a ‘who?’ type player in Denver.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I don't think it means anything about the potential outcome. We're both 0-1, need a win and each set of coaches have time to develop a winning gameplan with the guys they have. If they Jets were forced to start me, then yeah, it's going to be an easy week for the Browns defense. However, Trevor isn't trash.

Don't assume anything.

I wanted to see a rematch of the two QBs too. Damn.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trevor has put up impressive numbers in the past.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend

Here's a pretty solid and thorough breakdown of QB Trevor Siemian...

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/4/11/18303403/scouting-jets-quarterback-trevor-siemian

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

Last week was a dose of humble pie. Hopefully lesson learned the hard way. You make enough mistakes you can be beaten by any team.

The team needs to play with minimal mistakes no matter the opposition.

Chris Simms brought up some good points in Titan game breakdown regarding shotgun and play action. He referenced last year under Freddie and how effective they were under center.

In many ways I am old school about that. I love to establish the ground game with two TE's. Then go to play action. It forces the backers to at least pause and respect the run. It can open the mid pass game. We have the perfect receivers in OBJ and Landry to exploit that. We also have the runner.

My thoughts are if we do that it will help the OL. I don't see pass protection as a strength of our tackles. They are average at best. Establishing the run and then going to play action off a 3/5 step drop and getting the ball out quickly should help in pass protection.

No matter what I take no team lightly.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Wreck the league Dowell

Legend
Legend
Siemian is pretty good. He looked good in what I saw of him in preseason. He doesn't have Darnold's arm but I think he reads defenses better and is more accurate.

yebat' Putin
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I don't agree about Siemian being a good backup qb. Dude had some of the worst stats ever in 2017 and there was a reason he was out of football in 2018.

--He actually had two more picks than TDs.

--His QBR was 30.9, which was 30th in the league.

--His 12 TD passes ranked 27th.

--He threw for 2,285 yds, which was 27th.

--He has completed less than 60% of his passes in both his years as a qb.

He was a cool story for awhile, but the guy has been awful. We should destroy the Jets.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree .. I actually had to start him in fantasy for a stretch due to injuries, so I followed him closely ... he legit won’t throw it down the field and defenses swarm the LOS.

If we don’t win this game, there’s no excuse of course

E
Legend
Legend
E
The recipe is simple...put relentless pressure on him and of course STOP THE RUN....The win or loss is in our hands! Sorry to hear Darnold was injured. I'm surprise Baker is ok.

Check on that Sam has MONO as I'm told from fans.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Eh, you can do worse than Siemian when it comes to backup QB. The guy started for a spell for an NFL team. He's gotta have at least something going for him.

Couple that with the Browns propensity to elevate mediocre to poor opposing backups to stardom, and we could be tearing out more hair while watching this game on Monday.
Also, this could force the Jets to get Bell more involved (if he's healthy). Though it's really hard to derive any sort of conclusion about this team from Sunday, I do think our run defense has improved via the talent we brought in. Early on in the game we were doing a really great job of keeping Henry in check. Once the game went on and the team unfolded, our run defense (and pretty much everything else) were shot. Again, hard to tell, but I think that as long as we avoid similar meltdowns, we should be good at containing those grindy-type of good RBs (like Henry). Explosive-type RBs like Bell are a different animal, though. One person makes a mistake/takes a poor angle, and Bell takes it to the house. Doesn't take many plays over the course of the game to do a bunch of damage with a guy like that.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well, in that regard, I’d rather have Siemien than Stanton. We may have one of the worst backups in the NFL (although we all agree Gilbert is really our 2nd best QB)

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Eh, you can do worse than Siemian when it comes to backup QB. The guy started for a spell for an NFL team. He's gotta have at least something going for him.

Hmm ... former starters as top flight backups ......

We started Weeden, and Frye, and Kessler, and Kizer ...... and I think I'll stop there ......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I like Darnold and think he has a chance to be good with the right staff and system. I feel bad for the guy.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I like Darnold and think he has a chance to be good with the right staff and system. I feel bad for the guy.

I wanted him over Baker big time. Glad I am not the GM

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm glad Darnold is out. We might have a chance to win a game. After last week we need all the breaks we can get. Hopefully, we don't make his backup look like Joe Montana as we so often do. It would be humiliating to get crushed on the first Monday Night Football we have played in years.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
I'm glad Darnold is out. We might have a chance to win a game. After last week we need all the breaks we can get. Hopefully, we don't make his backup look like Joe Montana as we so often do. It would be humiliating to get crushed on the first Monday Night Football we have played in years.

If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Personally, I wish we were playing a fully loaded Jets team. But, it is what it is. I look forward to playing the Rams next week to see what we truly have in our locker room.

Oh, and....we have been beaten by plenty of 2nd stringers in the past, so I also wouldn't overlook Simian.

T
Legend
Legend
T
GC.
The Browns have a not so great record the last several times they've played another teams backups, or a team with one significant player out.

They'll need to play this game tough.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
he reads defenses better and is more accurate.

DOH! We're better off facing Darnold.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Personally, I wish we were playing a fully loaded Jets team. But, it is what it is. I look forward to playing the Rams next week to see what we truly have in our locker room.

In most cases I would agree with you. But under the current circumstances I don't. I said before this season started that we would start slow. That you can't have a first time HC and both a new OC and DC and things just come out working well. It will take some time if all of the egos in the locker room don't just implode the whole team.

As such, I'm in the firm belief that we are in "crawl before you walk" mode. Going 0-2 could devastate us at this juncture. So I just want a W. Any advantage we have to accomplish that I welcome.

We have a rough three game stretch coming up after this game. I would rather the team go into that stretch with the evidence they can win. Going 0-2 could derail that.

By mid season I will be back to agreeing with you about this.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Jets 3 Sam Darnold Ruled Out

Link Copied to Clipboard