Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Then why do you support the use of natural gas from fracking?

https://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/health/case_studies/hydrofracking_w.html

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I promote it as a stop gas measure, not a solution.

No matter what you say, it's a cleaner alternative to coal for the short term.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They both suck as far as pollution and destroying the earth. I't kinda like having to vote for Hillary, or Trump shocked

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not really. I guess to the extent you have to choose the lesser of the two evils, you're right. But in this case there's easily a lesser evil between the two.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
We are not going to agree on that either brownie

Legend
Legend
Agreed.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
October 11, 2019

Sorry, Greta: The Norwegian Nobel committee had a reputation to recover

By Monica Showalter

Well, surprise, surprise: The Norwegian Nobel committee has decided to award the 2019 peace prize to someone who at least worked on promoting actual .... peace.

Here's the johnny-on-the-spot Guardian, which sets such store by such awards:

"The Norwegian Nobel committee has decided to award the Nobel peace prize for 2019 to Ethiopian prime minister Abiy Ahmed’s efforts to achieve peace and international cooperation and for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea."

Apparently, they'd been ripping each others' heads off and he put a stop to it. In some purviews, that's called making peace.

Which stands in stark contrast to the hype surrounding young Greta Thunberg, the Swedish-backed Nobel peace prize favorite, who made headlines with her global warming tantrums, including a bratty, insolent, and almost comically melodramatic speech at the United Nations claiming we had all stolen her dreams at the United Nations. She knew nothing about her topic, but she was very, very certain about it. And more to the point, she was famous only because she was backed by a cabal of corporate green hucksters intent on making a market killing instead of some kid standing on a soapbox yelling which is what she'd be otherwise. She's now having the time of her life on an around-the-world tour, taking in the rainforest among other things, which is every bored Swedish teenager's dream.

No wonder most Swedes are just a little skeptical about Thunberg's rock-certain claims about climate change.

You can call young Greta's melodramatics fodder for lefty applause, but it's not what anyone sane recognizes as 'peace.'

And that's probably important to the Nobel committee, given the hits it's taken to its credibility in awarding the Nobel prize to assorted clowns whose work revolves around lefty applause instead of actually creating peace.

What kind of peace did Al Gore's Nobel peace prize bring? He made a movie, raked some bucks and then went sex-harassing the masseuses. What kind of peace did President Obama's Nobel peace prize, awarded preemptively as the lefty seals beat their flippers, bring? Some committee members later came to say they regretted handing it over to him. Yassir Arafat? Yup, he got one, too, and nope, there wasn't any peace.

The peace prize has long been overdue for a credibility recovery and apparently, that's what they were after this time, particularly since they had a good candidate, the president of Ethiopia, who actually did create something known as 'peace.'

He was a good choice. Because despite what you might think, Ethiopia actually is an important country and the idea of peace coming out of it, as the lefties say, 'makes a difference.'

It's a big country, scratch that, a really big country with 106 million people as of 2016, which is a population even larger than what nearby Egypt has. It's got significant development issues around supplying water and a decent living standard to its growing population, but it's trying and it's had a pretty good economy, drawing in foreign investment. The capitalist turn no doubt fed a popular interest in peace, given that market societies have an actual need for peace. Ethiopia's also Christian country, which would explain at least some of its president's interest in reaching out to its historic enemy in good faith to attempt to reach actual peace. Notice the president's quick insistence that his Eritrean peace partners be given credit, too.

We don't hear much about Ethiopian refugees and migrants, do we?

This guy obviously had the well being of his own country in mind when he moved to end the state-of-nature warfare between itself and Eritrea (just the fact that Eritrea broke off from Ethiopia into a separate nation after a long civil war in 1993 gives you the whiff of the situation) and make peace, which really did make him a worthy recipient of the Nobel peace prize.

Which makes Greta Thunberg's much-ballyhood global warming tantrums, famous only for their media coverage, look pretty wretched in comparison.

The Nobel committee had a reputation to recover, so run along, Greta. This time the award was about actual peace.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201...to_recover.html

Legend
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
You guys do a great job of finding the small portion of the scientific community who is on the side of big oil to promote your denial theories. Sadly for you, few are deceived by it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
As you do an amazing job of avoiding the facts at every turn.

P
Legend
Legend
P
First you would actually have to present some facts.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Some people just think you can pollute forever and there are no consequences. They even dispute very old science from Isaac Newton. They wish to dispel one of Newton's three basic laws of that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

It's like they think they can throw trash in their back yard every week and after five years they won't own a dump.

You a farmer yet, pitt? Did you recycle your car? Did you buy solar panels and a windmill?

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Our heat pump is the highest efficiency on the market. I organize my errands to make my driving as efficient as possible. I promote politicians who are fighting for a green energy policy.

I bet that alone is more than you do.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lol and there it is. getting smoked in your losing argument, now gotta resort to laughable extremes in a hail marry.

sad. very sad.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
lol and there it is. getting smoked in your losing argument, now gotta resort to laughable extremes in a hail marry.

sad. very sad.

Almost as good as refereeing for the team you root for, huh?

Legend
Legend
i wouldnt know. but you would.

"we have investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong"

Erik: Sounds good, go law enforcement.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Our heat pump is the highest efficiency on the market. I organize my errands to make my driving as efficient as possible. I promote politicians who are fighting for a green energy policy.

I bet that alone is more than you do.

Like I've been saying. The US has done more to clean up, save energy, and be efficient more than any other country. Go complain to them.

Btw, I drive an efficient car. I make every effort to make single trips. I've insulated my house and have good hvac units. Blah blah blah. I do it to save time and money. Because I'm a conservative.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
Some people just think you can pollute forever and there are no consequences. They even dispute very old science from Isaac Newton. They wish to dispel one of Newton's three basic laws of that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

It's like they think they can throw trash in their back yard every week and after five years they won't own a dump.

You a farmer yet, pitt? Did you recycle your car? Did you buy solar panels and a windmill?

See Pit - unless you do all the stereotypical things that Erik thinks you have to do in order to be "Green" or whatever .... you aren't allowed to voice an opinion. Even if you are factual, even if you support your argument with independent data and 85% of the world's scientists agree with you .... Erik just has to say "Nananana Boo Boo" and he trumps you. Every time.

So unless you recycled your car and have every inch of your house and roof covered with solar panels - stfu.

Last edited by mgh888; 10/11/19 04:07 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I only have a say in what happens here. And maybe you should look beyond here to see what the rest of the world is actually doing before you make such a broad brush statement........

12 Countries Leading the Way in Renewable Energy

You’ll be glad to know there’s hope for the planet yet. Despite a lack of political will in some countries, the move to renewable energy is pretty much inevitable and some scientists think it’s going to come sooner rather than later.

A recent study by Stanford University researchers predicted that the world could be powered entirely by renewable energy in just 20 to 40 years from now. And given that we already have the technology, it’s not that hard to imagine.

Almost 50 countries that would be adversely affected by climate change have agreed to make their energy production 100% renewable by the year 2050 and countries all over the world are actively embracing solar, wind, and geothermal energy.

Here we look at 12 countries in particular who are leading the way in the switch to renewable energy.

Iceland

Iceland generates the most clean electricity per person on earth, with almost 100% of its energy coming from renewable sources that make the most of its unique landscape. It now derives all of its energy for electricity and home heating from geothermal and hydroelectric power plants. Its renewable power plants like the geothermal plant at Blue Lagoon even draw significant amounts of tourists every year!

Sweden

Sweden has always had pretty good environmental credentials and in 2015, they threw down the gauntlet with an ambitious goal: eliminating fossil fuel usage within its borders. They also challenged the rest of the world to a race to become 100% renewable. They’ve increased their own investment in solar power, wind power, energy storage, smart grids, and clean transport.

Costa Rica

Because of its small size (just 4.9 million people) and unique geography (67 volcanoes), Costa Rica is able to meet a large part of its energy needs from hydroelectric, geothermal, solar, and wind sources. The country aims to be completely carbon-neutral by the year 2021 and has already achieved some impressive results, running on 100% renewable energy for more than two months twice in the last two years.

Nicaragua

Nicaragua is another Central American country where renewable energy is growing in importance. Like Costa Rica, they have a number of volcanoes, making geothermal energy production viable and thanks to government investment in wind, solar, and geothermal energy, their aim of being 90% renewables-powered by the year 2020 appears to be an achievable goal.

United Kingdom

The UK is a windy place and wind power is growing in importance. Using a combination of grid-connected wind farms and standalone turbines, the United Kingdom now generates more electricity from wind farms than from coal power plants. Some days, Scotland is able to produce enough wind power to supply over 100% of Scottish households. Neighbouring Ireland also continues to set new records, with enough energy to power more than 1.26 million homes being created on just one windy day in 2015.

Germany

For a cloudy country, Germany looks set for a bright future with solar energy. Their renewable energy output including solar has increased more than eightfold since 1990. In 2015, they set a record for meeting up to 78% of the country’s electricity demand with renewables on one highly productive day.

Uruguay

Uruguay is a shining example of how to do it right. Thanks to a supportive regulatory environment and a strong partnership between the public and private sector, the country has invested heavily in wind and solar power, without using subsidies or increasing consumer costs. And as a result, it now boasts a national energy supply that’s 95% renewables-powered, achieved in less than 10 years.

Denmark

Denmark aims to be 100% fossil-fuel-free by 2050 and it plans to use wind power to achieve that goal. They already set a world record in 2014, producing almost 40% of their overall electricity needs from wind power and the latest figures put them firmly on track to meet their first goal of obtaining 50% of their electricity from renewables by the year 2020.

China

They may be the world’s largest polluter, but China is also the world’s biggest investor in renewable energy, with huge investment levels both at home and overseas. China now owns: five of the world’s six largest solar-module manufacturing firms; the largest wind-turbine manufacturer; the world’s largest lithium ion manufacturer; and the world’s largest electricity utility. China is fully committed to reducing fossil fuel consumption and with its heavily polluted cities has every incentive for doing so.

Morocco

Morocco is a country with an abundance of sunshine (up to 350 days a year), so it has wisely decided to invest heavily in solar powered energy production. The first phase of the world’s biggest concentrated solar plant recently opened in Morocco and in combination with their wind and hydro production facilities, is predicted to produce enough energy for more than one million Moroccan households by 2018.

USA

The United States of America has one of the world’s largest installed solar PV capacities and an installed wind energy capacity second only to China. But it is also one of the world’s biggest energy consumers, which tends to cancel out much of its renewable capacity. Nevertheless, if more attention was paid to renewables over fossil fuels, it has been estimated that the U.S. could reduce its emissions by almost 80% in only 15 years, without impacting on consumer electricity costs.

Kenya

In the past, Kenya has been forced to import electricity from neighbouring countries, but they are working hard to reverse this by investing heavily in geothermal energy production, which accounted for more than half their energy mix in 2015. They also have Africa’s largest wind farm, providing another 20% of their installed electricity generating capacity.

What country uses the most renewable energy?

Iceland is the worldwide leader when it comes to renewable energy. It's set itself ambitious targets for drastically reducing fossil fuel consumption and escalating investments in renewables. This country is investing heavily in solar and wind, as well as renewable infrastructure such as energy storage, clean transport, and smart grids.

Iceland is trailed by countries like Sweden, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Scotland, and Germany. Costa Rica is drawing on its hydroelectric, geothermal, solar, and wind sources, while Nicaragua has wind, solar, and geothermal energy. Scotland has abundant wind power sources and infrastructure, while Germany is looking for ways to further ramp up its solar energy capabilities.

What countries use only renewable energy?

Iceland is currently the only country in the world that obtains 100% of its energy from renewable resources, with 87% of its from hydro-power and 13% from geothermal power. Costa Rica is among the top renewable energy users, with 99% of its electricity needs coming from hydroelectric, geothermal, and wind. Close behind is Norway, with 98% of electricity coming from renewable resources, mostly hydropower.

https://www.clickenergy.com.au/news-blog/12-countries-leading-the-way-in-renewable-energy/

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
A lot of the issue rests with where you live as well. I live in a neighborhood with an HOA. As such, wind turbines are forbidden. As are solar panels. You can't even install a satellite dish on your roof.

I don't really like HOA's but it does provide a standard of protection in forcing homeowners to to keep their properties up which protects your property value.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

I have 2400 square feet of basement that I'll be going all GREEN in as soon as it's legal in Ohio.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Worldwide Climate Change Strike

Link Copied to Clipboard