Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
This Ohio State Heisman winner from the 50's.

The name, to me is just a symbol of an era, but it's also a reminder that life is fleeting, and time is short, life is too short to spend in bad situations.

This is a legend of a different time in football, a time gone by.

The roots, the deepest root of football, is before the forward pass, the purest form of football is to run, ground game.

Looked up his name, for spelling, it says he went into the hall of fame, college or pro, not sure, in 1979, that would have put me at about negative zero years old,
I mean, this name is a symbol, to me, of football, before my time, but also a legend, and it's a solemn occurance when anyone dies and sobering.

The passage of time.

Legend
Legend
I hadn’t heard of him until looking at some info today ... a great icon. RIP

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
He was a little before my time, but he was a legend who was viewed fondly by those who watched him play.

BTW---it was the College Football HOF.

And a question: WTH is negative zero? LOL

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
math teachers, all teachers, pfff. the only thing I'm untruthful about is my age anyway, so, it was, in the range-- of my birth.

someday we'll find negative zero, in fact they tell me, negative negative zero is where absolute zero, (that's where it's at! clap,)

D
Legend
Legend
D
The forward pass was pretty common by the 1950's, when Cassady played. They had TV and everything back then. I believe the forward pass was born in the 1920's, or thereabouts. Legend has it that Knute Rockne and a QB named Gus Dorais invented it at Notre Dame, when they weren't busy chasing flappers in the speakeasies of Chicago. (Okay, I made that part up about the flappers, but I DID read that they invented the forward pass.)

Anyway, I never saw Hopalong play, because I was born around that time, but he was apparently a great RB. And while you are correct that life is too short for some people, Howard got to live to the age of 85, which sounds to me like a pretty good time to say "Adios" to this mortal coil.

RIP, Mr Cassady.

B
Legend
Legend
B
R.I.P. Howard

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... R.I.P. Howard Hopalong Cassady

Link Copied to Clipboard