Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
FloridaFan #1673350 10/05/19 10:36 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Has anyone bought and installed a "smart faucet"? crazy

No, IMO they are way too expensive for what little they add in function. I still have to be AT the faucet, and still have to make a motion or gesture, which is the same effort as just reaching over and turning it on. smile

I saw a commercial for one, and I thought it was going to be a commercial for something else, spoofing the idiotic way we have automated everything. lol It has to be the most useless of all automation. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
YTownBrownsFan #1673351 10/05/19 10:43 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

No, IMO they are way too expensive for what little they add in function. I still have to be AT the faucet, and still have to make a motion or gesture, which is the same effort as just reaching over and turning it on. smile

I saw a commercial for one, and I thought it was going to be a commercial for something else, spoofing the idiotic way we have automated everything. lol It has to be the most useless of all automation. crazy

I’ll defend it this way. When cutting chicken, having to touch the faucet handle with dirty hands means you then have to clean the handles well. Salmonella is real. Most people don’t clean their kitchen surfaces well enough after handling raw meat. It can make you sick.

[Linked Image]
PortlandDawg #1673353 10/05/19 10:51 AM
Legend
Legend
I always wash my hands after handling my meat.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
YTownBrownsFan #1673356 10/05/19 11:38 AM
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

I don’t know if I’d call it a smart faucet, but I have one of the Delta touch ones that just needs to be tapped to turn on. I love it as I cook a lot so I don’t have to touch the faucet with dirty hands, just use my forearm.

#gmstrong
sk8termom #1673370 10/05/19 01:29 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
- desktops - not anymore
- laptops -- everyone in our family has one, and I use one at work. I use Irfanview photo editing software at home, looking into getting Photoshop elements. Also use Microsoft Office products.
- tablets -- my kids have them, I don't
- phones -- I have the least expensive Samsung smart phone, it's enough for me. Have only installed a few free apps.
- watches and other wearables --none

I was thinking there might be a Photoshop Bundle on HumbleBundle, but it is actually Corel products which are similar. Looks like a great deal. I might get it myself.

Humble Software Bundle: Painter- Link

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Devices

Link Copied to Clipboard