Pretty much "it. End of discussion."

No ones fault but his own.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
i am too but he has a point.

Big ben got accused multiple times and didnt get cut.
Big ben laid low and didn't threaten his accusers.

please don't make me stand up for that rapist.

T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
pretty nervy for a guy who stiffs his employees right and left saying that

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
i am too but he has a point.

Big ben got accused multiple times and didnt get cut.

It's only a point if all things were equal, which they aren't. Ben, Kraft and the others were all "model citizens" before, during and after their accusations. They let the legal process play out and were good teammates.

AB has been a loudmouth prima donna throughout everything. He was a gigantic jerk in Pittsburgh last year, a huge Richard with the Raiders and apparently sent threatening text messages to his accusers while with the Pats. He's got talent, but he's a massive distraction with those new legal issues. That's a bad combination if you want to stay in the NFL.

I thought I heard an ESPN talking head say that the Pats told him to run his routes, catch some balls and keep out of the news while all this plays out. He was on his 2nd strike already, so don't do a damn thing but play ball....he couldn't last a week with that advice.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
What a way to bring this two-year-old thread back to life!

Brown throws a temper tantrum, rips off jersey and t-shirt, throws clothing into the stands and dances off the field.

Some reports said he was mad about not being able to reach milestones that would afford him $1 million + in incentive bonuses... that makes no sense since he refused to enter the game numerous times.

All said, now that his NFL career is over, at least this episode is not as bad as:

Throwing furniture out of a 14th story hotel window and almost hitting a toddler.
Not showing up for practice numerous times.
Burning your feet by not wearing proper foot attire and then blaming the cryotherapy machine.
Pouting because your teammate is named team MVP.
Taking a month to pick out a new helmet and even trying to spray paint your old one to match (can't make that one up).
Repeatedly calling his GM a "cracker".
Lawsuits for sexual assault.
Multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.
Assault and battery against the driver of a moving truck (did his new furniture show up late?).

Did I miss anything? I'm sure I did.

Well, at least this time he had a valid excuse...

Sayonara, loser.

Last edited by FATE; 01/03/22 07:51 PM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I don't buy the point of view that his problems have anything to do with the CTE thing.

Maybe some sort of narcissistic behavioral peculiarity? Who knows.

He'll show up again in the non-sports world, craving some sort of attention (positive or negative).

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by AZBrown
I don't buy the point of view that his problems have anything to do with the CTE thing.

Why? I think every one of the things Fate mentioned happened after the Burfict hit.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm skeptical, but he said he wouldn't go in because of his ankle, and Arians told him to go in anyway. If that's true then this latest incident has a whole different look to it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not so sure. We really won't really know the answer until they can study his brain when he's dead. While it can't be posted, not even the link due to NFL content, I suggest you check youtube under "Antonio Brown knocked out by Vontaze Burfict HD".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by AZBrown

Why? I think every one of the things Fate mentioned happened after the Burfict hit.
You know, I really had never given that much thought but the timeline definitely agrees. I actually feel a little bad for calling him a loser and making fun of him. There's enough smoke there and I just ran across an article that says as much...

“He started to be someone who was afraid everyone was out to get him, he never smiled after that all that much – he became somebody different. He used to be innocently narcissistic, much like a lot of receivers in the NFL, but he didn't have this dark side to him. And for me, every single incident, it all happened after the Burfict hit,” Dunlap told told The Zach Gelb Show, according to Cinninati.com.

“If you can't see the trajectory that took a sharp spike right after the Burfict hit – and he has never recovered since then. That's just all fact, the timeline: the everybody's out to get me, the dark, never smiling. The guy used to smile all the time. … When's the last time you've seen AB happy? … I think that the launching point for me is that AFC Wild Card game. I think it's that, and I think his head is messed up from football.”

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/vontaze-bur...one-of-the-dirtiest-hits-weve-ever-seen/

1 member likes this: jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
Much like yourself I had to consider those things and it certainly gave me reasons to wonder.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Right. That being said, it seems ludicrous to think that we need to wait 'til someone dies before we find out if something is wrong with their brain. Particularly if we let them continue to play such a violent game when there are warning signals that something is wrong.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly agree. But the problem is to this point the only way they've actually been able to diagnose it is by cutting into the brain after the player is dead. And as is often the case, if you have no way to know with any certainty, what should you do? As of right now the popular opinion floating around is that the NFL should be supporting mental health awareness and sticking by their players suffering from mental health issues. And so far that seems to be their approach. I could see the backlash the NFL would receive if they just assumed everyone with mental issues in the league had CTE and didn't allow them to play.

Hopefully they will find a way to diagnose CTE in those who are living. I'm not sure what else they can do in the meantime.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

The saga continues.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is a challenge to hold him long enough to put the lipstick on the farm animal…

He obviously has mental issues and is an unreliable candidate for a multimillion dollar contract.

I hope he gets help, but he has probably played his last down… Too risky….

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Last edited by Milk Man; 01/05/22 10:14 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
so.. AB to IR. got it

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
... and Arians to suspension?

Crazy if what AB is saying in his tweet is true

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
AB said that he is too injured to ;lay, and yet also said that the Bucs dropped him because he was going to do too much in the final game and a half and would earn big bonuses.

I don't think that even AB knows what AB thinks anymore.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
oh man... the NFLPA is going to be licking their chops after this one...

the bucs released him saying he was cleared to play. He is saying he needs season ended ankle surgery.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33006862/tampa-bay-buccaneers-release-antonio-brown

"While Antonio did receive treatment on his ankle and was listed on the injury report the week leading up to last Sunday's game, he was cleared to play by our medical team prior to the start of the game and at no point during the game did he indicate to our medical personnel that he could not play.

"You can't force a player to play," Arians said. "They have that choice. It's their body. He decided to play. He and Mike [Evans] both were on pitch counts. We were trying to manage that as best we could in the first half."

He accused the Buccaneers of mischaracterizing his outburst on the field as a "mental health issue" rather than as a refusal to play due to pain.

Brown on Wednesday said that he underwent an MRI Monday, revealing broken bone fragments, a ligament torn from the bone and cartilage loss. He also said the Bucs tried to send him to a "junior doctor," versus the two he sought in New York City, including Dr. Martin O'Malley at Hospital for Special Surgery, where he had scheduled surgery. He claims the Bucs gave him a "few hours' notice to show up "and "ordered him under penalty of discipline."

Burstyn said he feels the Bucs keep changing their story.

"If Antonio could pivot on his ankle as quickly as the Bucs have backtracked their prior version of events, none of this would have ever happened," Burstyn told ESPN on Thursday afternoon. "They are now on their fourth version of events in as many days."

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Just to add another twist to the story:

"model exposes-antonio-brown-for-sneaking-her-into-team-hotel-night-before-storming-off-football-field-provides-texts-pics"

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022...VUGty6bDdb2-ywya9N9J-ce429q2PTO7UoV0EL5E

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
yeah, well, I certainly don't know what's going on. I mean, it's not like AB has a history or anything. Nothing in his past has been his fault.

But I will say, his ankle didn't look hurt when he danced off the field.

Legend
Legend
jc

well guys, we might have disagreements on QB's

but at least we dont have antonio brown problems on this board. this dude makes josh gordon look like a saint.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Are we 100% sure it's AB that's in the wrong here?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Are we 100% sure it's AB that's in the wrong here?

this is the 3rd team he's became toxic on. it might not be 100%, but he's lost the benefit of doubt.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's fair. I'm still going to withhold judgement until we hear more on his side of the story. He put quite a few details into his little rant thing on Twitter (posted above).

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
this is the 3rd team he's became toxic on. it might not be 100%, but he's lost the benefit of doubt.

Pittsburgh
New England
Raiders
Bucs

4 teams that he was toxic with.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just watch the video, his antics leaving the field do not match the lawyered statement.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
"Does anybody really know what time it is. Does anybody really care"

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Antonio Brown Released

Link Copied to Clipboard