Next Thread
Print Thread
#1668605 09/24/19 06:48 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
--We need to make sure that Baker gets the ball out of his hand quickly. The Ravens have a very good secondary and Earl Thomas is very smart. The Ravens can still bring some pressure. Thus, holding the ball and making late throws will be a disaster.

--Brown's defense needs to take away the Raven TEs. They are pretty good and Lamar looks for them.

--Keep Lamar in the pocket and make him read the field.

--Contain Ingram and Lamar in the running game.

--Show more discipline and reduce the penalties.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Let Chubb Run 25-30 Carries 5-8 Targets in the Pass Game He Can Handle It. This is How We Open The Pass Game and Give Baker More Time ... We Run and We Stop Their Run (Including Jackson) thumbsup

Last edited by PastorMarc; 09/24/19 06:52 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
- Ball out quickly
- Get some touches to RBs out of the backfield as checkdowns
- Keep Lamar in the pocket ... don’t rush up field too much with our DEs
- Remember last year: our DL shifted VERY late in the play clock to confuse their blocking schemes in the read option

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
--We need to make sure that Baker gets the ball out of his hand quickly. The Ravens have a very good secondary and Earl Thomas is very smart. The Ravens can still bring some pressure. Thus, holding the ball and making late throws will be a disaster.

--Brown's defense needs to take away the Raven TEs. They are pretty good and Lamar looks for them.

--Keep Lamar in the pocket and make him read the field.

--Contain Ingram and Lamar in the running game.

--Show more discipline and reduce the penalties.

I agree with this.

D: I think making Jackson beat us in the air by stopping the run game is key. He can pass but he's not very good at it.

O: Get baker under center in play action quick passes with a more balanced or even focus on the run game. Use some RPO but limit the shotgun snaps to less than 25%. It's hard for Chubb to run out of the shotgun.

This Ravens team is good but very beatable.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/24/19 07:06 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
- the ravens do NOT have a good secondary. they are allowing almost 300 yards a game through the air. they let kyler murrary burn them through the air, then Mahomes cleaned them up. 2 of their best defensive backs are out with injuries. Earl Thomas has constantly been out of position this season, making up for a depleted secondary. They are allowing QB's to go 61% against them for a 8.4 yard per catch average.

- the ravens have a stout run defense, so far allowing 3.7 per rush and only 60 yards a game. they also have a decent pass rush with 7 sacks on the season.

- the key to lamar is not letting him break contain. and even still, keeping him in the pocket only works if we can cover BOTH of their TE's. Lamar has been eating defenses up IN the pocket when throwing to his TE's.

- hollywood Brown must be covered at all cost. as i stated last game, kupp and cooks went off on our secondary, and this will be no different, especially if we let Lamar get into a rhythm with his TE's.

- ravens do a very good job of running the football, especially down the middle. RPO's must be important, and our defense will be on the field for a long time if we get fulled on RPO's and lose contain on the outside.

- we have the WR's to absolutely torch the ravens secondary. the question is will we actually use the talent on the field.

- can baker be a man and actually step up in the pocket to make a throw? there will be plenty of opportunities to get into a rhythm against this defense. but he will be on his back all day if he continues to hold the ball and bail out of the pocket.

- this game will come down to whether or not freddie and baker learned a damn thing from the first 3 games of the season. if so, this will be a close game, and we might come out with a victory on the road.

if not, it could get ugly if baltimore is allowed to control the clock.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Legend
Legend
T
Maybe, motivation!

in that mode, maybe tell them

" you can't beat the ravens!" Who you kiddin!"

Ravens, are allowing 3.7 and only 60 yards a game?????

Awww, itnt that cute! Maybe go out there and Make fo am sure you pound it out to the tune of 110 yards plus, No Matter the Score!

And Whatever happened to the Browns quarterback run plays?

cough, actualy, I think, held back too much by the HC calling plays, there really isn't much chance the Browns "can" beat the Ravens,

But we can hope.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Offensively:
- Protect the QB
- Playcalling
- Keep Chubb involved
Defensively:
- QB Contain/Spy to limit Lamar on the run
- Protect against the deep ball
- Limiting the run game

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Good point about the deep ball, Turk .... We can’t let Brown get over top. It’s a tall test considering their run game/PA game ... but every game they’ve won so far they get big plays over the safeties

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
- Discipline: Penalties and staying home on D so you don't give up the big play.

- Balanced play calling - run/pass

- Balanced play calling - crossing routes, slants, short curls so that the ball can come out quickly

- Baker needs to improve decision making - where to throw the ball, speed of release, try to stay in the pocket or throw the ball away ... don't keep looking for a big play.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Might be nice to break out that hurry up offense and get on the board quickly to start the game.

Defensive line will have to play well, but conservatively. Don't mindlessly attack Lamar. Keep him contained and slow down their running game. Keep their receiving options in front of the secondary. Hopefully we get a DB or 2 back that can follow Brown around some. If we can lock him down without committing too many resources, that'll help with addressing Lamar and the running game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
You know the Ravens will copy the Rams a bit with the DT’s starting outside and looping in ... I wonder if we’ll try to run something to combat that with the run game

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I also think they will disguise their coverages because that has been confusing Baker thus far.

Legend
Legend
Agree with this.
Less penalties.
Longer drives with scores.
Their defense is eager to commit; use it against them
Lots of Chubb, ground and air.
Saturate shorter yardage calls. Deep routes and scrambling have been disasters. Not worth extending play so we take a sack.
We need brutal intensity.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Swish #1668821 09/25/19 05:21 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
- we have the WR's to absolutely torch the ravens secondary. the question is will we actually use the talent on the field.

I agree but most of this needs to be 8 yard throws with 30 yard runs.. not 40 yard throws..

We need to score TDs in the redzone and capitalize on any turnovers we can muster.

Baker needs to have 3 or 4 rushes for 20-25 yards

Need to make Lamar beat us with his arm.. nothing more disheartening than playing great D for 5 seconds and then watching the QB run for 14 yards. DL needs to rush hard but with discipline.

We need to do better than our current sub 30% 3rd down conversion %. That needs to be around 50%. Part of that is stop with the stupid formation and motion penalties.

Other than that, whatever everybody else said, run Chubb, use a lot of play action to buy an extra .5 seconds for Baker, a lot of screens, I'd like to see us go hurry up.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Baker needs to play well.

If you go back and watch the Titans and Rams games the plays were there and Baker missed them.

myka #1668830 09/25/19 05:41 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's time for Freddie to scrap this Air Raid/Monken offense he is running and go back to what succeeded last year.

I know it isn't going to happen, but it may cost Freddie in more ways than one if he doesn't.

Legend
Legend
Dan Orlovsky just had a segment on sports center that broke down Baker’s shortcomings thus far. Basically, he’s showing all of his bad qualities right now and very rarely his good. That’s gotta change ASAP

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Take what the defense is giving us. If they're dropping 7 back in coverage, take the "easy" 4+ yards on the ground. Keep taking it. If that means getting out of the shotgun, so be it.

When they start crashing down on it, then throw it behind them.

On D, our DTs getting pressure in Lamar's face will be huge. The DEs need to play it a bit safe and not let him escape the pocket. Maybe bring back Gregg's 2 move policy for this game.

It might be time to give Takitaki some run and blitz him at Skura and Bozeman. The 3 gaps around those 2 are where I'd try to attack that line.

Leave Schobert and Wilson on the TEs. Maybe send the nickel or SS on a few delayed blitzes.

I'd contemplate keeping a man on M. Brown with zone coverage elsewhere.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Pregame analysis of the #Browns Wk4 opponent is posted!

There's some hope for the underdog #Browns in the numbers, including indications that CLE may not want to abandon the deep shots just yet

These and more in my statistical profile of #CLEvsBAL
https://twitter.com/brownalytics/status/1177528948605030400

https://brownalytics.wixsite.com/brownalytics/week-4-preview-vs-bal

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 09/27/19 03:28 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I thought we’d be more efficient going into the intermediate part of the field when the season began ... it’s something that has to improve

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Keep contain on Lamar.

Do what our defense do.

Get rid of the ball in three seconds or less

Run the ball from under center.

Run the ball from under center again.

Get the ball into the hands of the play makers. Quickly. With slants, crossing routes, and out patterns.

Pound the rock.

Keep getting rid of the ball quickly.

When that is working well, go deep.

Play fundamentally sound football, relatively mistake free.

Keep cools heads.

Don't turn the ball over.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You bring up one thing that I feel we need to continue: Slants to OBJ ... it’s his best route. Then use that to set up other stuff

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So far the opposing team has played two cream puffs and one contender. If those air ball passes Jackson made had not been caught, it wouldn't have been close. They had a lot of luck on their side.

Keep the offense fast. Use the run. Get a lead and keep it.

Don't let their qb run on us. No stupid penalties.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
So far the opposing team has played two cream puffs and one contender. If those air ball passes Jackson made had not been caught, it wouldn't have been close. They had a lot of luck REFS on their side.

Keep the offense fast. Use the run. Get a lead and keep it.

Don't let their qb run on us. No stupid penalties.

Fixed :-P

We gotta tackle Lamar when he scrambles. Easier said than done but the time he buys for scramble drills is like 50% of their offense (or more).

On offense, RUN THE BALL!

Throw short quick high percentage passes. Things like quick slants to OBJ, digs to Jarvis, or screens to Chubb and D'Ernest Johnson.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
3 keys

Do not let Lamar run.
Do not let Lamar run.
Do not let Lamar run.

myka #1669600 09/28/19 10:18 AM
Legend
Legend
Hook and ladder might work. If it is there, let Hammer run a fake punt. I like his chances.

Unleash The Elf Already! brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
3 keys

Do not let Lamar run.
Do not let Lamar run.
Do not let Lamar run.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Hook and ladder might work. If it is there, let Hammer run a fake punt. I like his chances.

Unleash The Elf Already! brownie

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
3 keys

Do not let Lamar run.
Do not let Lamar run.
Do not let Lamar run.

Let Chubb Run
Let Chubb Run
Let Chubb Run

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
My keys are, contain Jackson and Ingram, and run Chubb down their throat. Use playaction to attack their vulnerable DBs. They are giving up over 300 yards passing every game.

Defense is the key for me, I think the offense will be fine if they don't get greedy.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 40 Ravens 25 Keys to the Game

Link Copied to Clipboard