Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Jc

So I’m going to ask a silly question...

Did the majority of girls in the high school support AND vote for him?

Because if they did.....then what are the guys in this thread whining about?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Maybe I am wrong. It just irks me that males can infiltrate female endeavors, but are still shunned from male dominated fields.

And Jules, I already said it, but just so you know for sure, I have nothing against homosexuals. I don't "celebrate" them, but I support their right to be who they are. I just think females are always being pushed into secondary roles.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Whining?

Screw it. Another thread derailed by BS insults.

P
Legend
Legend
P
arch, I don't really see how not talking about your son anymore is that much different than before. You rarely ever mention him at all now. In the past, when you did, it was usually to show how you accept gay people because you had a gay son.

We see you post about Sooga all the time. About her games, her education, about things you did together. So much so I'm sure some people even feel like they know her.

I for one would actually like to see you post more about him.

I'm glad he is happy and very glad you were there and enjoyed his wedding.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I don't mention him much because he is doing awesome in his life. And if I mention how well he's doing, it's obvious some will come after me.

Hell, I can't support him without someone telling me I'm not doing enough..........or "oh, it's all about you"

I was there. I'm glad I was there. He's glad I was there. My wife, his step mom, was there. He and she get along better than you can believe. Daughter was there as well. Well, his sister. I don't want to make this about me, or us.

I won't be posting about him, or my daughter, very much, if at all. For said reasons.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll just repeat that I'm glad you and your family were there and that both your family and him enjoyed the wedding and he is happy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I'll just repeat that I'm glad you and your family were there and that both your family and him enjoyed the wedding and he is happy.

This. Congrats Arch. As far as your commentary on the subject, I'm not sure mine would be much different, after all, you can't do much besides tell the story from your own perspective.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, apparently that is frowned upon - telling something from my own perspective, that is.

Yet, I'm not allowed to tell something from someone else's perspective because "You haven't lived that life", or "You never served in the military" or .........it goes on, ad nauseum.

Who cares. My son is doing great, so is my daughter. Period.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Arch, personal attacks over sharing things about your family or attacks on our families should be off limits period. I absolutely agree with you on that, and it's why I stopped posting anything personal on here.

That said, the attack is not on your son or family but on your perception of being on the 'woke' side of this issue. For example, accepting and loving your son no matter what is the absolute right thing. Prefacing his wedding with 'I went to a gay wedding and enjoyed it' is somewhat Archie Bunker-esque in that you can't see what's wrong with it. I don't think anyone is questioning your love for your son or accepting that he is gay. I think it's them saying you still have a degree of LGBT prejudice that shines through your statements. Again, this doesn't make you bad, or a bad father, or a bigot IMHO. It just makes you like many others, not aware of the perceptions we create with our words when we discuss these sensitive issues. I feel for you on this one bro, because you mean no harm and that is obvious.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Okay.

Let me put it this way: I had thoughts, prior to my son coming out.

It's easy to 'judge', until it's family, and you look back on the history and think "It wasn't a choice he made. It's who he is, and has been."

So, in that sense, I HAVE been 'woke', as you put it.

But screw it. I don't care what people think of me. I'm learning, every day, about this type of thing, and a myriad of other things not even semi related to gay.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Okay.

It's easy to 'judge', until it's family, and you look back on the history and think "It wasn't a choice he made. It's who he is, and has been."

But screw it. I don't care what people think of me. I'm learning, every day, about this type of thing, and a myriad of other things not even semi related to gay.

I know we go at each other's throats in PP, but in this instance I got your back. You love your kid and that's all that matters.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You have to be kidding me.

These are definitely the end times.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I want to make this clear. I did not attack your family. I just said you were making the story about you rather than your son.

Also, who wants to guess which poster insinuated that my daughter was stupid because she called me before she called the local gas and electric company? Who wants to guess which poster questioned if my son really had cancer or not? Which poster has continually doubted that my "Hispanic wife" really made that much money? Which poster challenged whether or not I actually had a tumor?

Of all people to complain about this kinda crap? Pfffttttt...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I want to make this clear. I did not attack your family. I just said you were making the story about you rather than your son.

Also, who wants to guess which poster insinuated that my daughter was stupid because she called me before she called the local gas and electric company? Who wants to guess which poster questioned if my son really had cancer or not? Which poster has continually doubted that my "Hispanic wife" really made that much money? Which poster challenged whether or not I actually had a tumor?

Of all people to complain about this kinda crap? Pfffttttt...

How many victim cards can you fit in your pockets?

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Facts suck don't they? Of course your side hasn't been about accountability lately.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I have a side?
What side would that that be?

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Okay.

I respect your vulnerability and the fact that you are re-examining yourself and your beliefs. That's the honorable thing to do...recognize past mistakes, learn from them and keep growing and learning as a human being. That's what all of us should do in order to strive to be better people and to understand the differing perspectives, stories and footsteps of everybody from all intersections of human life. Eventually all of our intersections cross, or will do, at some point or another.

And, ignore Mr. V...he has his agenda, yet whenever he gets challenged or somebody differs in opinion he is always the first to whine and play victim.

Legend
Legend
The dark side.

The darkest of sides

The deep side.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

This. Congrats Arch. As far as your commentary on the subject, I'm not sure mine would be much different, after all, you can't do much besides tell the story from your own perspective.

Same here. I am genuinely happy for you and your family, and that you shared the story with us. As much as the football expert here accuses others of bullying and piling on, he sure jumped at an opportunity to do it to you. Disgusting.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V

Delete. I will put it in a PM.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Swish
The dark side.

The darkest of sides

The deep side.

I dont have a side. I take great pride in being a singularity.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Alright, I PMed that person and he said what I did was low and to own it. So, I am going public.

I did not say one negative word about arch's son. I said he was drawing attention to himself rather than his son. I don't think that is nearly as "disgusting" as jfan would put it as:

--arch making multiple posts about my daughter being stupid because she called me before she called the electric and gas company after a tree fell on her house during a storm. She respects my opinion and asked for it. That does not make her "dumb."

--My son had cancer. On multiple occasions, arch questioned whether he really did or not. I'm a parent, y'all. It was emotional. I was hoping it was me rather than my son w/cancer. Many board members provided a lot of support during that time and I am eternally grateful. But arch brought a lot of pain w/his accusations. It's my son! And you are playing personality games? Really?

--He has consistently questioned how my "Hispanic wife" could make so much money? Why? Because she is Hispanic? Seriously? What century is this?

--This one does not bother me as much because it is not about my family, but I had a tumor on my carotid artery and arch has acted like I made the entire thing up on multiple occasions.

And, I am "disgusting?"

Nah man..............suspend me or whatever, but I am not backing down on this one. Don't freaking talk about my family!

E
Legend
Legend
E

j/c:

Alright, I PMed that person and he said what I did was low and to own it. So, I am going public.

I did not say one negative word about arch's son. I said he was drawing attention to himself rather than his son. I don't think that is nearly as "disgusting" as jfan would put it as:

--arch making multiple posts about my daughter being stupid because she called me before she called the electric and gas company after a tree fell on her house during a storm. She respects my opinion and asked for it. That does not make her "dumb."

--My son had cancer. On multiple occasions, arch questioned whether he really did or not. I'm a parent, y'all. It was emotional. I was hoping it was me rather than my son w/cancer. Many board members provided a lot of support during that time and I am eternally grateful. But arch brought a lot of pain w/his accusations. It's my son! And you are playing personality games? Really?

--He has consistently questioned how my "Hispanic wife" could make so much money? Why? Because she is Hispanic? Seriously? What century is this?

--This one does not bother me as much because it is not about my family, but I had a tumor on my carotid artery and arch has acted like I made the entire thing up on multiple occasions.

And, I am "disgusting?"

Nah man..............suspend me or whatever, but I am not backing down on this one. Don't freaking talk about my family!

The only thing you "owned" there is your victim card.

https://www.lifehack.org/287448/14-signs-someone-always-playing-the-victim

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
j/c:

And, I am "disgusting?"

BUT, it's ok for you to insult and use slanderous and defamatory language to others? I've also seen multiple times where you have been totally out of line and disgusting with people, even threatening violence, and it led to the posts being removed and you getting suspended. So, yeah...it doesn't work like that. You don't get to call the shots and then cry foul when it comes back at you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Photo of gay high schooler wearing a dress at homecoming goes viral

Link Copied to Clipboard