Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Browns "Exterpate" the hapless 9ers. nanner

34-27

Baker..............22 of 31, 335yds, 3tds, 1int.

OBJ................6rec for 115Yds, 2tds.

Jarvis.............7rec for 92yds, 1td.

Chubb............22 carries for 115yds, 1td. 3 Rec for 48yds.

D................5 sacks, 1 fumble recovery, 2 ints.

The Scottish Hammer.......2 fgs, one more than 50yds.

https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/extirpate

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Why would our P be kicking FGs, when our PK has been perfect thus far on FG tries?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I'm surprised at how many picking the Browns.

I'd say this is one of our toughest if not THE toughest matchup remaining on the schedule. 49ers off a bye week, us coming off that sweet victory. We're heading to the west coast. And if there's one man in the NFL who DOES NOT want to lose to the Browns, I have to consider Shanahan could be that man. Not to mention the 49ers have a very good defense.

It would be nice to win this one but I'm expecting a loss to be honest.

Isn't Frisco 0-6-1 in their last 7 coming off a Bye-Week?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh, I don't know. And if that's the case they're probably due to win or something.

Not saying we are going to lose, but I don't think it'll be as ho hum as many think. I hope everyone is right, but I'm less concerned about next week vs Seattle.

V
Legend
Legend
V
There is no scientific correlation between predictions and the outcomes of games, but the predictions on this week's Brown's game remind me a lot of the predictions before the Titan game.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
We should win this game, as I don't think SF is that good.

But two things to keep in mind.

SF is coming off a bye I believe and we are traveling to the west coast. Usually those are two big bonus for the opposing team.

Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
but we look like road warriors, bro!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
San Fran is a pretty solid team with a coach that really seems to know what he's doing.

I hope we commit to the run like we did vs Baltimore. It'll be tough sledding at first, but I look to Chubb to wear down that Dline and keep their offense off the field as much as possible.

I also want our Dline to come alive and disrupt what they're trying to do. If our D gets put on their heels, it's going to be a long day.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Last week I saw a big win for the Browns .......

This week I see a win ..... but it's going to be a close, hard fought victory. I think it's going to be something like Browns 24 - Niners 20

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I’m going to say a tight game ... lower scoring. It’s tough to get a read on the 9ers because they’ve played lesser teams. But they have a huge advantage with a bye last week.

Something like 20-18 Niner IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
We're ready for the niners... We figured out who we are on offense last week. The D is solid at worst. I think we steamroll the niners in a real statement game on MNF.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I was doing my Daily Fantasy football lineups for tonight's game and I noticed that SF has the number one ranked D against RBs.

I don't know if that means much, but I was a bit surprised.

Legend
Legend
Weren't the Ravens the #1 run defense until Nick Chubb?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
The Ravens were ranked pretty good against the Run, too wink

I'm with you in that I don't know if it means much or not, but I don't believe the 49ers have much behind their DLine. So, while they can get pressure and they apparently play the run fairly well, I think that if we get runs past that DLine, the rest of the field will be a bit looser.

That said, here is your Grain of Salt to take with that:

Two of the three teams they have faced are Cinci and Pittsburgh.

Cinci is the 32nd ranked Run offense at 61.2 yds/game
Pitt is the 29th ranked Run offense at 67 yds/game

The one "good" rushing team they faced was Tampa who is 19th at 109.4 yds/game.

The Bucs ran for 121 yrds total with their leading rusher averaging 5.8 yds/carry.

The Bengals ran for only 25 Total Yards
The Steelers ran for only 79 Total Yards

So, there is a VERY real likelihood that their Run Defense ranking is highly skewed by the combination of how few games they've played and how poorly two of those three opponents have been at running the ball.

We are coming in as the 17th ranked Run O at 117 yds/game, so I would say that, at a minimum, we can expect something closer to what the Bucs did, which means Chubb should feast a bit.

Speaking of the Bucs, the story of that game was the number of times the Bucs turned the ball over - actually, both teams turned it over, a lot. If we stay disciplined and take care of the ball, we should stack up against them pretty well.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Are you telling me to take Chubb in all 3 of tonight's contests? wink

Legend
Legend
Not sure what to expect out of the 9ers.. The Bengals are terrible, they got the Steelers on Mason Rudolph's first ever NFL start (and the Steelers aren't that good), and there is nothing in the stats that jumps out about the Bucs game..

Give them credit for being 3-0 but it's not exactly a scary 3-0...

This is a game the Browns should win if they continue their trajectory of improving every week... execute the plan, limit the mistakes, win the game... 30-17.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
I find adding some color to the stats is useful. I know that the Cinci game wasn't really close from the get-go. Cinci moved away from the ground game early on to try to catch up, which just resulted in their Oline getting abused.

Pittsburgh would've had ample chance to run the ball as the game was close for a while. That was the game where San Fran just kept giving Pburgh the ball throughout the first half.

I have no info on the Bucs game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm also really curious on what the key has been to getting the ball from the SF offense. At times, they seem to REALLY like to turn over the ball. Almost like if the offense isn't just absolutely cruising along, they run into trouble. Curious if anyone has insight into that.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
To emphasize how potentially skewed their ranking is, if Cinci had even been as terrible as Pittsburgh was in their game and had gotten 75 yards total rushing (just 50 yards more), the 49ers Run Defense ranking would fall out of the Top 10.

I mean, when Pittsburgh played Cinci, the leading rusher was Joe Mixon (62 yds).
The vaunted Steelers couldn't run for more than 69 yards against CINCI.

Cinci tried to outdo them, but still managed 73 yards.
The takeaway is that the 49ers opponents have been really bad at running, thus far.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I find adding some color to the stats is useful. I know that the Cinci game wasn't really close from the get-go. Cinci moved away from the ground game early on to try to catch up, which just resulted in their Oline getting abused.

And that sort of thing is exactly what you cannot get from looking at the stats, but by the same token you can look at more games to validate whether or not the opponent was actually just that bad at running. Early on, if they could have ran that ball at all, Cinci could have stayed balanced to get things working in their favor, but they simply don't have that capability.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm also really curious on what the key has been to getting the ball from the SF offense. At times, they seem to REALLY like to turn over the ball. Almost like if the offense isn't just absolutely cruising along, they run into trouble. Curious if anyone has insight into that.

They absolutely gave it away in bunches versus the Steelers. Hopefully our guys have watched that game a billion times to figure out what helped the Steelers be so "lucky". Maybe we spot something in the film that lets us feast on Jimmy G.

Browns is the Browns

L
Legend
Legend
L
my biggest concern is our Defense against their running game..We didn't really do that well against baltimore. Something like 6.0 ypc. Good news is they don't have much in way of receivers so we can scheme more to stop run and you really only have to worry about the backs. Shanny uses 21 personnel alot to run out of and he's not bashful about trying to impose his running game on you. I still think we're more talented and SF hasn't really played anyone yet. 23-20 Browns

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Browns 38
49ers 23

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
The 49ers have beat Tampa Bay(31-17), Cincy(41-17), and Pittsburgh(24-20)... Then they got an early bye week while feeling on top of the world. The Steelers gave them all they wanted. I just don't see how we are not way better on both sides of the ball than all the teams they beat. The DT Pickems pro talking heads section is split 50/50 with 4 taking each team.

Sure we can lose this game, but it is very winnable IMHO.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Why would our P be kicking FGs, when our PK has been perfect thus far on FG tries?

Omg.

rofl rofl rofl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I expect us to win this...it won't be easy...But if we identify as a good team, then we must take the according steps...and that's beating good football teams.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

A lot of people are dogging the 49ers, but what have the Browns done? I'm not making any predictions, but the Browns are 2 and 2 and haven't done much, either.

Legend
Legend
I’m weary due to the late line push (-5 with 70% of the big money on SF) ... that usually is telling with that big of a push

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
I’m weary

I'm saying this in a nice way. I am also bringing it up because I've seen it quite often on the board.

Weary means tired.

I think the word you guys are looking for is either wary or leery, which both mean cautious or suspicious. Some people use the word "leary," but that is an old-fashioned spelling of leery. Then again, some use that word as a reference to the psychedelic philosophies of Timothy Leary. wink

Legend
Legend
Haha no, I got you thanks ... it’s autocorrect and sometimes I don’t catch stuff rofl

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:
I’m weary

I'm saying this in a nice way. I am also bringing it up because I've seen it quite often on the board.

Weary means tired.

I think the word you guys are looking for is either wary or leery, which both mean cautious or suspicious. Some people use the word "leary," but that is an old-fashioned spelling of leery. Then again, some use that word as a reference to the psychedelic philosophies of Timothy Leary. wink

Great segway to my post... I think anybody betting big money on SF is straight trippin'! rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Like I said:

Quote:
There is no scientific correlation between predictions and the outcomes of games, but the predictions on this week's Brown's game remind me a lot of the predictions before the Titan game.

and

Quote:
A lot of people are dogging the 49ers, but what have the Browns done? I'm not making any predictions, but the Browns are 2 and 2 and haven't done much, either.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Like I said:

Quote:

and

Quote:

Right there with you. I was hopeful, but this had loss written all over it. Blow out was upsetting. No reason for that. There are issues.

Legend
Legend
I think a lot of us thought this would be a tough game ... but most thought it would be close. This loss was concerning IMO

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 49ers 31 Stat/Win prediction!

Link Copied to Clipboard