Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
I am most concerned about Shanahan's running game and our ability to stop it. Baltimore was able to run on us during some stretches last week.

We need to stop the run...as always I guess.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

This video does an excellent job of distilling the 49er offense. One take away for me is the Browns need to get pressure on the QB with four rushers as much as possible. LBs will also need to get their proper depth when defending play-action. This is a game where the defense can't get distracted by the 49er motion they have to maintain eye discipline and every defender has to remain assignment focused. Freelancing will allow them to make big plays.

FATE #1673360 10/05/19 12:38 PM
Legend
Legend

Normal game in the NFL is so overloaded with commercials.

When it is condensed like that it is so much more enjoyable.

I wonder when technology will make the game better. Watching the game real time you can not see the "whole play".

The receiver routes are blocked from the the screen frame.

When you see breakdowns like Baldinger does. You see coach film. Where you can see the play develop.

At some point I am sure the whole field will be displayed.

Legend
Legend

It made wonder about virtual screens and the technology.

Where say a quarterback or for that matter any position could "see" pre-snap and post-snap defensive movement like it was real time.

Giving players the ability to train on "tells".

Each player would get a weekly scouting tape on their opponent where you could study based upon what they did against other teams.

I wish there was a way to find out what is now available for players to study before each game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The 49ers are a team that does not scare anyone as far individual talent. They try to win with scheme matchup as opposed to individual matchup. The have some good players but don't overwhelm you.

They like to run and then use play action off the run. JG is an accurate passer with a quick release.

I would like to see the Browns play more under center and use Chubb. Then off two TE sets pass off play action.

Chubb is the hammer. I like to use him with inside and outside screens as well. Our OL seems to run block better than pass protect.

Baker seems to get into a better rhythm when under center. When he turns his back on the defense for play action and turns around the play is either there or not. It settles him into quick rhythm throws to mid-field routes.

Higgins hopefully will return this week. He is very good at sitting down in zones and is a third down charm.

Our defensive front against the Ravens was outstanding. I look for more of the same. Stop the run.

I am hoping to build upon the Ravens game. Know what you can do and do it again.

I like the Browns in this game by 10 or more.

I like the Browns to Bone I think we lay it on the 9ers and good.

Look this thing the Browns were going to struggle to start those struggles are nearly completely behind them at this point the Browns simply have way more talent then the 9ers across the board.

This game will be road win #3 on the year. ND

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
Shanahan is a good coach. He creates mismatches and gets you off balance with misdirection and the run game. IMO this is our D’s toughest test yet

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Stop the run RUN the ball and pressure Garoppolo he will turn it over under pressure ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

It is hard to calculate the lost of some players.

Example. Last year and this year through camp and pre-season Njoku was a go to guy in the red zone. His height, length, and leaping ability are assets to exploit against defenses especially in the red zone.

Higgins is a guy who developed chemistry with Mayfield since early last year. Baker has confidence in him. Especially as a third down chain mover. Higgins knows how to find space in zone coverage. Now with Odell and Landry he will almost get single coverage or zone.

Dontrell does not have the shiftiness of Duke. However, he is still a guy who can useful in situations. Receiver out of the backfield and screens.

Chubb. Is a tone setter. Have Baker under center more. I like the 12 formation under center. Even with strong side doubles. It makes the defense honor the run. You can use play action effectively. Also, I think it forces Baker into quick rhythm throws. Great with rubs and seam patterns.

In the Raven game the OL run blocking was outstanding. I love setting the tone with physical run blocking and a back like Chubb. It can really demoralize a defense and open up big pass plays later.

We have the tools to play that game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Cover Kittle. That dude is dangerous. On top of that Shanahan loves to scheme the TE open, AND guarding the TE has been a weak point of ours for a while. Hopefully Mack can step up and help limit Kittle's impact.

Get pressure with 4. Garrett is held/face guarded on almost every play so we need the rest of the line to step up and create pressure on Garropollo without having too commit too many LBs/DBs to blitzing. The 49ers are fueled play Play Action and the best way to counter that is pressure with 4 DL.

Offensively. Hopefully the Refs aren't on the take anymore and OBJ can get open without being mugged. If not, the other WRs will have to step up again.

Screens! The 49ers defense is aggressive and stout against the run. When they think they've forced us into a long pass situation need to exploit their aggression with screen passes.

myka #1673515 10/06/19 06:30 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I actually concur with this the key is penetration along the line with just 4, if we can do that consistently they will suffer. Also key will be the DE maintaining the backside.

We know they are a zone blocking team we need to blow the zone up and cut off the backside runs. I think we can win man on man across the board.

This is the best defense the 9ers have seen especially so across the front. I actually think we will win this game convincingly.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh and the 9ers are hurting at DB and Sherman isn't the player he once was I look for us to school the 9ers Mayfield needs to look for and exploit mis matches which should be plentiful.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone
Oh and the 9ers are hurting at DB and Sherman isn't the player he once was I look for us to school the 9ers Mayfield needs to look for and exploit mis matches which should be plentiful.

They still have a tough defensive line... I don't think we should change our approach much. Let the WRs go to work against the DBs with the ball in their hands vs setting up a track meet.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Brown to the Bone

They still have a tough defensive line... I don't think we should change our approach much. Let the WRs go to work against the DBs with the ball in their hands vs setting up a track meet.
Yeah, get it out quickly and let them get YAC against their hurting secondary

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 3 49ers 31 Keys to the Game

Link Copied to Clipboard