Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
the midst of the impeachment inquiry and the arrest of two of Rudy Giuliani’s associates, Attorney General Bill Barr found time to meet with the owner of Fox News. The New York Times reports:

Attorney General William P. Barr met privately Wednesday evening with Rupert Murdoch, the media mogul who is one of President Trump’s frequent confidants but whose Fox News is viewed by the president as more hostile toward him than it used to be.

The meeting was held at Mr. Murdoch’s home in New York, according to someone familiar with it. It was unclear if anyone else attended or what was discussed. Aides to both Mr. Murdoch and Mr. Barr declined requests for comment on the meeting.

This meeting came the night before Trump tweeted, “@FoxNews doesn’t deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well.”

https://www.newsandguts.com/bill-barr-rupert-murdoch-decline-to-comment-on-private-meeting/

Fox News' Shepard Smith departs network, steps down as chief news anchor

Shepard Smith, the Fox News anchor who made headlines for on-air criticisms of President Donald Trump, has departed the conservative-leaning news network.

During his 3 p.m. show on Fox, Smith announced his decision and said: “Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave Fox News and begin a new chapter. After requesting that I stay, they graciously obliged. The opportunities afforded this guy from small town Mississippi have been many. It’s been an honor and a privilege to report the news each day to our loyal audience in context and with perspective, without fear or favor. I’ve worked with the most talented, dedicated and focused professionals I know and I’m proud to have anchored their work each day — I will deeply miss them.”

Smith has been with the network since its inception in 1996.

Fox News' President Jay Wallace called Smith "one of the premier newscasters of his generation."

"While this day is especially difficult as his former producer, we respect his decision and are deeply grateful for his immense contributions to the entire network," Wallace added.

In August 2019, Trump slammed Smith and analyst Juan Williams. He also criticized the network for hiring Donna Brazile, the former interim DNC director. Brazile forwarded questions to Hillary Clinton during the Democratic primary season.

"Fox hires 'give Hillary the questions' @donnabrazile, Juan Williams and low ratings Shep Smith. HOPELESS & CLUELESS! They should go all the way LEFT and I will still find a way to Win - That’s what I do, Win. Too Bad!" Trump tweeted.

Smith also made headlines for opposing fellow Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who declared in August that white supremacy is “not a real problem” in America. Smith said the issue is "without question a very serious problem."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertain...ork/3946561002/

First the NBA bent over for China. Now FOX News bends over for Trump.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Can somebody explain to me why the freaking AG is meeting with the Fox News owner after bad polling on the impeachment question?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
This should help explain it.....

“Whoever their Pollster is, they suck” adding that the network is “much different than it used to be in the good old days.”

Trump named specific Fox News hosts and analysts who he disagrees with, including Andrew Napolitano, Shep Smith and Donna Brazile.

“@FoxNews doesn’t’ deliver for US anymore. It’s so different than it used to be. Oh well, I’m President!” Trump added.

The head of a crime family always sends one of his minions to do his dirty work.

Barr doesn't work for the people that pay him. He works for Trump.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
OH REALLY?

its a coincidence, right? gotta be.... did he leave leave, or quietly asked to leave?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Watching the right cry because Fox News isn't all in on their side... while simultaneously crying that other news outlets are fake and biased... would be comical if they weren't actually serious.

yebat' Putin
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I don't watch news anymore,but Shep Smith did an amazing job during Hurricane Katrina.Kept me spellbound.
Sorry to see him go,if it wasn't his decision.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
Shep was excellent at reporting on emergencies.

The Boston Bombing, Hurricane Katrina, and others.

Trouble with him is he treated everything like it was an emergency. He is a never-Trumper on a Fair and Balanced network. He was all about Collusion and we all know how foolish that has made the unhinged look.

Good riddance.

M
Legend
Legend
M
rofl

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
If 40 wants to go down with the ship that much, let him.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish
If 40 wants to go down with the ship that much, let him.

Yep. Good riddance. One less infestation.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Trump Gloats About Shep Smith’s Fox News Exit

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-gloats-shep-smith-fox-214801223.html

The question from a reporter to President Donald Trump on Friday night was, “Did you or your administration pressure Fox News to get rid of Shepard Smith?”

Trump did not answer directly, but rather took the opportunity to gloat over his least-favorite Fox News anchor’s departure, saying, “No, I don’t know, is he leaving? Oh, that’s a shame.”

“Did I hear Shepard Smith is leaving?” the president asked, soundly almost gleeful. “Is he leaving because of bad ratings? He had terrible ratings, is he leaving because of his ratings? If he’s leaving, I assume he’s leaving because he had bad ratings.”

Smith, who has been the rare critical voice against the president on Fox, announced on Friday that he had requested to get out of his contract on leave the network, effective immediately. “Even in our currently polarized nation, it’s my hope that the facts will win the day,” Smith said in his final broadcast. “That the truth will always matter, that journalism and journalists will thrive.”

The move comes just two days after Attorney General Bill Barr met privately with Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch, prompting some speculation that the Trump administration had something to do with Smith’s exit.

“Well, I wish him well,” Trump concluded. “I wish Shepard Smith well.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Finally, I hate Shepard Smith. I had to change the channel everytime he came on. Fox News started to go down hill a while ago. The only people on there worth watching are Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham.

Tucker is must see TV each night. Personally I wish he'd get a cabinet position.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 10/11/19 10:17 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wish I could jump into the future 50 years just to read all the studies on what made people like you tick during these times. You have every right to think what you want, but I just can't fathom what kind of mindset sees any quality at all in that programming. It's like conservative telenovelas.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Crap like this happens to good people who truly are fair and balanced when working for a deplorable boss. Oh well.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Finally, I hate Shepard Smith. I had to change the channel everytime he came on. Fox News started to go down hill a while ago. The only people on there worth watching are Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham.

Tucker is must see TV each night. Personally I wish he'd get a cabinet position.

You're a staff writer for The Onion, aren't you?
Your material is hilarious.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Thank you ! That was good.

AG Barr is destined to go down in history as Trump's henchman who ignored the interests of America in order to try to further Trump's agenda and do his biding. He's really as big a POS as Trump is.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

No wonder you're so misguided.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The politics board has become nothing but a bunch of whining Democrats including yourself Pitt.

I'll see you after the 2020 election Trump win.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 10/12/19 01:26 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I know facts bother you. Hell, Trump is so bothered by them he can't stop cursing at his rallies.

It's funny. Nobody whines, cries and throws tantrums more than the man you support to be re-elected president. You're just too busy throwing stones at anyone who disagrees with you that you can't see it.

You know what they say about glass houses.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Watching the right cry because Fox News isn't all in on their side... while simultaneously crying that other news outlets are fake and biased... would be comical if they weren't actually serious.

I hear ya..

There are/have been, reports that Shep leaving started weeks ago with his request to be released from his contract. If that turns out to be true, what I'm about to say won't be right.

However, If what I think happened happened, Fox Poll bad for trump, Shep Calls trump lies out, AG meets with Murdoch, Shep leaves...

if we find out that Fox is not using a different pollster, then we'll know it was Trump pushing the buttons..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Bill Barr & Rupert Murdoch Decline To Comment On Private Meeting

Link Copied to Clipboard