Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
and I truly think [this is an opinion] that Baker resented having to earn the starting job.

This is not true at all. Baker was never given the chance to win the starting job. But skew as you must.

CalDawg #1749227 04/04/20 06:28 PM
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I friggin hate this place anymore. Every freaking thread is the same. I come to read something about the subject of the thread and I have to sift thru dozens of posts with the same people going back and forth about calling each other liars, misrepresenting quotes, crying because people don't agree with their take. I sometimes have to go back to the top just to remember what the subject is.

What is needed here is a whining thread, so all the others would be about the subject. I swear it's like listening to a couple little kids arguing.

So now I will wait till someone replies with some crap like, "nice football post" or something along those lines. Anyone who feels like this is about them personally, has probably got a guilty conscience knowing it probably is.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Nice football post, Steubs. poke

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
I haven't called anyone names despite being called out multiple times. And I won't call anyone names now. I won't insult them either. It's not a contest between two sides. It's one-sided.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
It's one-sided.

However, it's up to you to change that.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
and I truly think [this is an opinion] that Baker resented having to earn the starting job.

Again, you said this.

Baker was not given the opportunity to earn the starting job, right?

So are you lying or trying to deceive?

Just wondering for clarity...

devicedawg #1749256 04/04/20 07:49 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:

Again, you said this.

Baker was not given the opportunity to earn the starting job, right?

So are you lying or trying to deceive?

Just wondering for clarity...

Are you referring to - if my memory serves - Baker not having any first team reps at any point during preseason? Maybe he didn't have any first team reps until Tyrod was injured and Baker had to step on an play? I don't know if that's accurate, but that's kind of what i remember.... he then instantly looked 10 times the QB Tyrod had ever been imo ... so whehter he had reps or not - he was most definitely not the starter when he clearly should have been.

As for the wild speculation that Baker hated everyone around him and the coaching staff. . . . I'll leave that alone. I guess I could see how if you really loathe him, you could twist anything into seeing those things.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
jfanent #1749280 04/04/20 09:02 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
That is why I am in favor of a new forum. Those guys could play their silly little games ad nauseum over there and others who don't like reading that crap wouldn't have to go to that forum.

As my dad always said, "start no <crap> and there'll be none".

Great advice, but I haven't quoted other posters and trashed them. My comments were about Baker. And the Browns. I did not bring in other posters. Other posters tried bashing me. So, would your pops side w/me or them?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Who cares? A smart person would drop it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I am NOT going to drop it. I didn't insult anyone. I posted my thoughts about Baker on a "Baker" thread in the Pure Football Forum. That is talking football.

Others, you included, tried to make it personal. You attack the poster and not address the topic.

I was going to leave the board due to such despicable characters running rampant in this forum, but you know what, I'm going to fight back. I'll post my damn thoughts no matter what you guys say.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:
That is why I am in favor of a new forum. Those guys could play their silly little games ad nauseum over there and others who don't like reading that crap wouldn't have to go to that forum.

As my dad always said, "start no <crap> and there'll be none".

Great advice, but I haven't quoted other posters and trashed them. My comments were about Baker. And the Browns. I did not bring in other posters. Other posters tried bashing me. So, would your pops side w/me or them?

He didn't take sides. When he said that everyone got the message and the bickering stopped.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1749305 04/04/20 10:00 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Follow his advice. Once again, I didn't trash another poster. I gave my thoughts on Baker on a Baker thread. Others decided to trash me. You liked those posts.

How about we keep it to the Browns and football instead of this dumb-ass personality crap?

A
Legend
Legend
A
I am NOT going to drop it. I didn't insult anyone. I posted my thoughts about Baker on a "Baker" thread in the Pure Football Forum. That is talking football.

Others, you included, tried to make it personal. You attack the poster and not address the topic.

I was going to leave the board due to such despicable characters running rampant in this forum, but you know what, I'm going to fight back. I'll post my damn thoughts no matter what you guys say.

I've made exactly 4 posts in this thread, including this one. 4.

My first post was a general question asking if anyone had ever played qb before, even in high school.

My next post was in reply to you. Here it is:
Quote:

I think the dude is a piece of crap.

Suffice it to say you have made that abundantly clear.

My 3rd post was explaining that a smart person would just drop it. This is my 4th post in this thread.

You posted your thoughts, and that is talking football? Others post their thoughts, and that is not?

I've made nothing personal, however, you have. And not at me. Pretty much at anyone that disagrees with you. It seems the issue would be pretty easy to solve. Let it go.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard