Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
No playing with amazon womans boobs for you.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
No playing with amazon womans boobs for you.

You can get women's boobs on Amazon?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Yep and free shipping too. naughtydevil

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I start PT next week. (day after Christmas) My doctor was really pleased with the range of motion I already have. I have not been trying to do anything stupid with my arm, but he wanted to see how I could move it, and I lifted my arm straight up from the front, and almost all the way up from the side. There was slight discomfort, but no real pain. I can almost lift my surgically repaired left as high as I can my right.

I will be glad to get this one over with so I can move on to the next repair job. crazy lol (kinda)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Online
Legend
I went to my 3rd therapy session today, and I got to full extension to the front and side with my left (repaired) arm. I am so thankful that God has allowed this recovery to go as well as it has. I am also thankful that I went with the surgeon who had done work on my knee in the past, because he knows his stuff.

Really, the only things left are pushing down, and reaching behind my back.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I went to my 3rd therapy session today, and I got to full extension to the front and side with my left (repaired) arm. I am so thankful that God has allowed this recovery to go as well as it has. I am also thankful that I went with the surgeon who had done work on my knee in the past, because he knows his stuff.

Really, the only things left are pushing down, and reaching behind my back.

Great to hear. thumbsup

Are you going to be ready for "Opening Day"?

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I should be ready to fire up that 20 MPH left handed heater by then. wink

Legend
Legend
I can come over and carry your food behind your back. It's good therapy nanner

B
Legend
Legend
B
Glad to hear everything is progressing nicely.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I love hearing about recoveries going well. thumbsup Can that surgeon do anything about your back?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I love hearing about recoveries going well. thumbsup Can that surgeon do anything about your back?

I am going to see a neurologist next month, since we finally got a really good MRI of my back. He's supposed to be really good.

Hopefully he'll be able to do something without having to completely lay my back open.The height of the disks in my back are well maintained, but there is a lot of spurring in the spine, and the L5-S1 section of the spinal canal is clogged up with bone spurs. I don't know what kind of procedure he'll recommend, but I was told that he does use minimally invasive procedures. Maybe we can get some of the pressure off of the nerves there. I sure hope so. I likely will have permanent nerve damage there, but we might be able to keep it from progressing.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I can come over and carry your food behind your back. It's good therapy nanner

For me, or for you? rofl

Legend
Legend
For the Dog as he is big enough to take the food from me. thumbsup

Legend
OP Online
Legend
He is a big doggie. laugh

He's well behaved with food, though. Hard to believe that he was classified as food dominant at Angels.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
For the carryout order drive-thru window. Next order up. Hope all progressing well. Been thru neighborhood on family biz,maybe get chance could stop buy say hi personally.

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Drive thru windows are still a challenge for my shoulder. lol Reaching out like that still causes a little twinge. crazy

Anyone stopping at my house has to give plenty of warning. I need to get able to get up and get my legs under me so I can walk.

They also better love dogs, because my pup is definitely going to give the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 87th degrees. lol

Legend
Legend
So if i come over and ring the doorbell then run, your chances of catching me are almost zero wink

Legend
OP Online
Legend
So if i come over and ring the doorbell then run, your chances of catching me are almost zero wink

Unless I am standing right there, I won't be able to chase you ..... but the doorbell cam, and secondary cam, will ...... and they don't lie. grin rofl

Legend
Legend
Ok then I can run away for 20 minutes and still be within two doors of your house, laugh

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Ok then I can run away for 20 minutes and still be within two doors of your house, laugh

And I think I'd still be at least 1 door behind. crazy

Legend
Legend
I think your Mom could out run both of us laugh

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I think your Mom could out run both of us laugh

That's no lie ... and she'll be 87 in about 6 weeks.

Legend
Legend
So where are you at with your healing?

Didn't want to go too far in Arch's thread.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
So where are you at with your healing?

Didn't want to go too far in Arch's thread.

I started strengthening this week. The shoulder is sore, but not in pain.

I started therapy at 4.5 weeks. Started on passive range of motion. I had about 80% on my 1st day, and then got to 100% by the next week. (to the front, upward, and to the side, upward) Reaching behind me, and pushing down, (like tucking in a shirt) is still difficult, but the doctor said that would be the last thing to come back ... and he was right! crazy I started on strengthening this past week, and while I feel like I can do a lot more ..... and while I have done more than the therapist said to do (like carrying in bags of groceries when I am supposed to stick to no more than 8#) .... but I do try to stay with what they say.

Legend
Legend
The wife just got back so I asked her, in case I screwed up, how long before they had me at PT and beginning work. She confirmed one week.

So I mentioned you and your recovery and she asked what condition you were in before the surgery, in other words, what kind of shape you were in.

Don't worry, I covered for you. brownie

I did say you had had other physical problems going in.

Then she asked what you did for a living so I said I think he is a Preacher.

She smiled and said, "Well that is probably part of it, you were a Firefighter for 30 years!"

Even tho our shoulders were basically the same, I most likely recover faster.

She said there were a whole host of other factors but that is a good place to start.

P
2nd String
2nd String
P
Hey I'll be there playing The DC5's Catch Us If You Can ( little background music) while you're playing Hide and seek--Ha!!!

I bleed Seal Brown,Burnt Oranage and White w/Chrome. It's a proud honored birthright and family tradition.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Welp ..... Somehow Tore My Rotator Cuff

Link Copied to Clipboard