Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
J

Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson each land head coaching jobs

CINCINNATI (WKRC) - Former Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis and former Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson have each landed a head coaching position - at least temporarily.

It was announced on Wednesday that Lewis and Jackson have been selected as the head coaches for the 2020 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

The ninth annual game takes place on Jan. 18, 2020 at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, Calif., and it will air live on NFL Network with a kickoff time of 7 p.m. EST.

Lewis served as Bengals head coach from 2003-2018. He was 131-129-3 and took the Bengals to seven playoff appearances, but was 0-7.

“My coaching career started at the college level, so it’s always held a special place in my heart,” Lewis said in a press release. “I’m looking forward to working with some of the country’s best prospects at the Collegiate Bowl and helping prepare them to succeed as professionals.”

Lewis served as linebackers coach at Idaho State, Long Beach State, New Mexico and Pittsburgh across 11 years in the college ranks.

Jackson was Browns head coach from 2016-18, but went just 3-36-1 and was fired eight games into the 2018 season. Lewis hired him as a special assistant for the Bengals for the remainder of the 2018 season. He was a Bengals assistant from 2012-15 and was offensive coordinator in 2014 and 2015 after one season as Oakland Raiders head coach in 2011 when his team went 8-8.

“I’m excited to tackle this unique opportunity of helping mold the next generation of football players at the Collegiate Bowl,” Jackson said in a press release. “This game is an important step for these young men in learning the game and business of football, and I can’t wait to get started."

Jackson spent 14 years as an offensive coach at the college level.

https://local12.com/sports/bengals/marvi...collegiate-bowl

Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
They still haven't heard from the NBA?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
“I’m excited to tackle this unique opportunity of helping mold the next generation of football players at the Collegiate Bowl,” Jackson said in a press release. “This game is an important step for these young men in learning the game and business of football, and I can’t wait to get started."
Well, at least we know who we shouldn't draft.

Legend
Legend
Precious. Neither one will win.

Let's pretend this has relevance, any at all.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
clickbait naughtydevil

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I predict that this game will end in a 0-0 tie.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
I don't know, Hue's players are excelling in the "thrown under the bus" drills. smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
This is the only way either one of them can get a win...until they tie.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: dawg66
I predict that this game will end in a 0-0 tie.

We know exactly how this will go, Since Hue is involved;
his team will start scoreless, keep the first quarter close, have it very competitive in the 2nd quarter and give up a lot of points early in the 3rd,
then he'll watch a game that's not close get worse in the mid 4th quarter so there's "no chance" and then see garbage time lead a fruitless effort too little too late,

and since Marvin Lewis is involved;
his team will start our dynamic and prolific but some mishap of penalty or turnover misfortune will have his team very close in the first and tight in the 2nd quarters.
He'll get a big break early in the 3rd quarter with offense that looks like it finally should have all day, but mid fourth some head scratching misfortune will befall them until the opponent gets back in
(prompting the " their fine, only way they can lose is if this, this, this, and this, happens", soon after those 4 things start to happen in sequence.

Then the late 4th quarter arrives, and we'll see matchup of the irresistible force vs. the immovable object when it comes to Lewis teams ability to make mistakes vs. Hue's teams ability to "not even be in it at this point" , go head to head to determine the winner;
orrrr, "non, not as bad loser."

ehh maybe... I'm guessing...

Legend
Legend
Can they get Ocho cinco and TO to coach the wr’s?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
They still haven't heard from the NBA?

They won't. They don't know how to coach basketball and they aren't administrators.

Get over it.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Get over it.

naughtydevil

Nah....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Glad Hue gets this opportunity. Happy for him.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Marvin Lewis, Hue Jackson each land head coaching jobs

Link Copied to Clipboard