Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
Just curious, what are your favorite hotels when you visit Cleveland?

I like staying downtown where most things are within walking distance.

For the upcoming Cincy game I'm staying here:
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ohio/hyatt-regency-cleveland-at-the-arcade/clerc

It looks interesting. I like the buildings with the old architecture.

Does anyone have suggestions/opinions about other places they stayed?

I like trying new places.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
We've almost always stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on 9th and Euclid. Never, not once, has there been a problem. Clean rooms - with wood floors by the way. Great location, good price.

Now, we haven't been there in over 2 years, so keep that in mind. Walking distance to about everything.....food, comedy, the hotel the Browns stay/stayed at. Even to the stadium if you don't mind a 10-15 minute walk.

Legend
Legend
I stayed at Sonesta Suites in Berea last summer ... straight trash

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Metro 9 is my favorite hotel when we stay in Cleveland. It's swanky, hip and expensive. Rooftop Bar is dope on a summer/spring evening. They also have a bar in their basement which used to be an old bank vault which is pretty cool.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ohio/hyatt-regency-cleveland-at-the-arcade/clerc

My wife and I have stayed at the Hyatt at the Arcade several times when going out for the night. Cool place to stay. The back side of the hotel opens out to East 4th st, which is a plus.

We've stayed at the Hilton on Lakeside Blvd as well. Great place to stay. Floor to ceiling windows and bar/lounge on top floor with great views.

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ohio/h...=GMB-HI-CLEDOHH

Also, really like The Westin in downtown as well. Good weekend brunch in the hotel restaurant, Urban Farmer.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/clewi-the-westin-cleveland-downtown/

Stayed at The 9 only once, another good spot to stay and great location.

https://www.metropolitancleveland.com

E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
Thanks guys. I've been wanting to try The 9 ever since reading that Johnny Manziel used to live there. Maybe next year, if I have someone to share that experience with.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B

You will like that very much.

When I stay downtown, I have settled on the Renaissance at the Terminal Tower, especially if I fly. I can take the train from the airport to the bowels of the hotel.

I also usually stick to Marriott brand hotels to maximize my points and standing as a gold member.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

You will like that very much.

When I stay downtown, I have settled on the Renaissance at the Terminal Tower, especially if I fly. I can take the train from the airport to the bowels of the hotel.

I also usually stick to Marriott brand hotels to maximize my points and standing as a gold member.

Renaissance and Marriott are both great choices.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Hampton Inn on E.9th & Superior. Decent price and you can easily walk to the football stadium in 15-20 min, the R&R HoF, Science Museum and the various bars, restaurants, shops etc. off E.4th, Prospect, Euclid etc.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here is my favorite Cleveland hotel. It is very nice and cheap... rofl

E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E

This is very appealing to me. Taking trains to unknown stops and trying to find my way is unsettling for me, if I am by myself. Last time I was in Cle, we stayed at the Holiday Inn over by Cleveland Clinic, because downtown hotels were booked.

It was a very nice hotel, the shower was to die for. But the train doesnt go near there, and I had to get off at some stop and uber over there.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wife and I stayed there once, for the same reason you did. Nice enough place, but we had to take cabs to get where we wanted, and back.

B
Legend
Legend
B

This is very appealing to me. Taking trains to unknown stops and trying to find my way is unsettling for me, if I am by myself. Last time I was in Cle, we stayed at the Holiday Inn over by Cleveland Clinic, because downtown hotels were booked.

It was a very nice hotel, the shower was to die for. But the train doesnt go near there, and I had to get off at some stop and uber over there.

I am the same way. Just grab the train at the airport, 15-20 minutes later you are at the Terminal Tower. Take the escalator up, walk through the mall area and boom, you are at the hotel entrance. Never have to go outside.

The Arcade is a beautiful hotel. I have stayed there once, be it some years back. I would stay there again, but as I said earlier I stick to Marriott branded hotels when possible to keep building my points.

Let us know your plans for that game. Many of us will be at that game and always like a meet and greet, be it at a tailgate spot or a bar. Check the gameday forum that week to see if Columbus is hosting a tailgate that week. Many of us have met there. Good times. Hope to meet you and your group.

I'll be up with my son, but he does his own thing before games. He takes off and we just meet at the seats. I sit in the Lake Club. If by chance you are sitting there, we can meet there. Columbus and Diesel also sit in the Lake club.

As I said, it's fun to finally meet the person and not just know the board personality.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
I will be with my brother and he is driving in from NY, so I'm not sure yet when/where I will be meeting up with him.

Normally he would get in on Saturday, but this time he is driving in on the day of the game. So I don't know if there will be time to meet people.

And I have an extra ticket, might see if my other fam wants to join us. I don't know what's happening yet.

We'll see what happens!

No Craps Given
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
Ok, I have the plans. Going to the game with brother and brother in law. Brother thinks he can get into town early enough to come to the tailgate if yall are tailgating. Of course it can change depending on weather/traffic as he is driving in from NY (right over the border).

SO, if yall want to party, we are up for it. wink If you arent tailgating, I know there is the Cube guy's tailgate.

No Craps Given
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Last time I was there I stayed at the Drury. It is a little old but the staff were great and the location was perfect, walking distance to everything.

E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
I stayed at the Drury before also! I liked it very much. Its another old revamped building. Its right in the middle of everything. And The Winking Lizard sports bar is the next block over. I went to that bar when I was waiting for people, and they have the best deals on drinks, and lots of tvs. I didnt eat their food, but looked like standard bar fare.

I was there for the NBA Finals, and it did my heart good to be around so many Cavs fans.

No Craps Given
S
Legend
Legend
S
My sister had the whole wedding party stay at the Westin when she got married a few years ago, amazing place.

The Yankees were also there too, this was during the 2017 playoffs

and I will back up Milk Man, Urban Farmer has awesome food.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Ok, I have the plans. Going to the game with brother and brother in law. Brother thinks he can get into town early enough to come to the tailgate if yall are tailgating. Of course it can change depending on weather/traffic as he is driving in from NY (right over the border).

SO, if yall want to party, we are up for it. wink If you arent tailgating, I know there is the Cube guy's tailgate.

If I were in town I'd dig partying and watching the game with you. Have a good time.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Favorite Hotels In Cleveland

Link Copied to Clipboard