Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
FedEx could save 100% on their taxes by becoming a Church

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
100% of nothing is nothing. Just ask willit. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

If they want to deliver packages for free and hope the people gave them a donation... go for it.

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
According to some on here they already do.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
[quote=archbolddawg]What do you know about taxes? Not much?

After my investment in new equipment I was doing great as far as taxes went. I didn't write everything off the first year, of course.

After the write off's expired, I paid a boatload more. It's the way it works.

By the way, my write offs came because I spent a lot of money buying a product made here, in the U.S., by a company that employed people, here. Those employees paid taxes, as did the company they worked for (unless that company was spending money expanding - meaning more people from other companies were employed).

Why do towns, cities, states etc. offer tax breaks? To get jobs for the citizens. The workers pay taxes day 1, the entity that gets a tax break saves some money up front, but pays it forward in the future.

I thought you were a business person?

Hey, I run a business also.. so I probably know as much as you, but the thing is, How does a company that has $65 Billion in sales, pay no federal income tax..
key word was income. If I pay 600 for something and then sell it for 200, how much income did I generate?

I am sure they paid sales taxes employment taxes and a whole litany of other taxes. Your failing to see that they didn’t generate income. If I make 100 TRILLION in sales and my expenses are 999.9999999 TRILLION , how we gonna pay income taxes on that? Read your own post “65 billion in sales” that doesn’t mean they made 65 billion

I think I remember daman is in the temp business. He locates jobs for ......well, you know what the temp business is.

While $65 billion in sales is a huge amount, what we don't know is what the cost of sales was. COS, plus investment in equipment, etc.

And regardless, since SOME of these numbers are public, and people are screaming about it, we need to realize the IRS is aware of this, and since no charges have been brought, it's obviously legal.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
[quote=archbolddawg]What do you know about taxes? Not much?

After my investment in new equipment I was doing great as far as taxes went. I didn't write everything off the first year, of course.

After the write off's expired, I paid a boatload more. It's the way it works.

By the way, my write offs came because I spent a lot of money buying a product made here, in the U.S., by a company that employed people, here. Those employees paid taxes, as did the company they worked for (unless that company was spending money expanding - meaning more people from other companies were employed).

Why do towns, cities, states etc. offer tax breaks? To get jobs for the citizens. The workers pay taxes day 1, the entity that gets a tax break saves some money up front, but pays it forward in the future.

I thought you were a business person?

Hey, I run a business also.. so I probably know as much as you, but the thing is, How does a company that has $65 Billion in sales, pay no federal income tax..
key word was income. If I pay 600 for something and then sell it for 200, how much income did I generate?

I am sure they paid sales taxes employment taxes and a whole litany of other taxes. Your failing to see that they didn’t generate income. If I make 100 TRILLION in sales and my expenses are 999.9999999 TRILLION , how we gonna pay income taxes on that? Read your own post “65 billion in sales” that doesn’t mean they made 65 billion

I think I remember daman is in the temp business. He locates jobs for ......well, you know what the temp business is.

While $65 billion in sales is a huge amount, what we don't know is what the cost of sales was. COS, plus investment in equipment, etc.

And regardless, since SOME of these numbers are public, and people are screaming about it, we need to realize the IRS is aware of this, and since no charges have been brought, it's obviously legal.

No one is arguing the legality. They’re arguing that billion dollar corporations, through lobbying, are essentially writing their tax code for the IRS. That’s the problem.
We’re also arguing the ethics of billion dollar corporations paying little while our infrastructure crumbles, our healthcare costs are gouging us to death, etc.

Corporations have no ethical reason to look out for the country. That’s why they shouldn’t be the ones writing the laws around such things. They get rich. We all get screwed.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If only I could deprecated cars and other revenue generating capital expenditures for a tax credit.

Corporate taxes are so rigged it is pathetic....

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
No one is arguing the legality. They’re arguing that billion dollar corporations, through lobbying, are essentially writing their tax code for the IRS. That’s the problem.
We’re also arguing the ethics of billion dollar corporations paying little while our infrastructure crumbles, our healthcare costs are gouging us to death, etc.

Corporations have no ethical reason to look out for the country. That’s why they shouldn’t be the ones writing the laws around such things. They get rich. We all get screwed.

Correct. I would also argue that the people doing the taxes for the billion dollar multi-national corporations are 10x smarter about what they are doing than the civil servants at the IRS whose job it is to catch them if they are doing something wrong.

There was an article, not too long ago, stating that if you are middle to lower middle class, you have a significantly higher chance of being audited on your individual returns.. the reason given is that really rich people have very complicated taxes and it's just easier to catch the little guys. I can extrapolate from that on the business side, I would assume the same thing is true... mom and pop landscaping business probably gets audited far more frequently than does FedEx just because of the level of effort and complexities.

yebat' Putin
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

I understand what you're saying.

Get rid of congress, then. Vote all new people in.

Everyone wants to make more money, you and me included. Everyone wants to reduce taxes as much as possible - you and me included.

Individually, we want to be paid more for what we do, so we can buy cheaper products that are made over seas. I know it, you know it. Pay me more for what I do, so I can buy cheaper stuff made by people not in this country.

It's the tax code, not the individual, or corporation that takes advantage of it.

Lost in all of this is, how many jobs were kept, added, etc? How many people making the vehicles FedX uses kept their jobs? The list goes on and on.

I'm reminded of the "tax" on luxury items, like boats, yachts. The "hell, yeah, people that can afford that million dollar yacht? Tax the hell out of them", without realizing that peons like you and I get paid to make and maintain that boat....

Health care - big issue, no doubt. Something needs to be done about that - prescription drugs, costs of procedures, etc. It's a sham and a scam and a shame. My nephew went to the doctor for a sports physical. Doc did his thing, then asked if there was anything else they had a question about. (they: nephew and his mom)

The mom replied "well, he has this spot near his ear." Doc looked at it. He said "Nothing to worry about."

They got charged for 2 office visits.

Medicare for all isn't the damn answer, either.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
https://www.businessinsider.com/tech-companies-dont-pay-federal-income-taxes-amazon-gm-2019-11

From Amazon to GM, here are all the major tech and transportation companies who paid $0 in federal income taxes last year

... a sample of what’s inside the article...

“Amazon, for example, earned over $10 billion in income in 2018. But by taking advantage of tax credits, the company zeroed out its income taxes and earned a rebate of $129 million, according to tax filings published by the Securities and Exchange Commission.”

But I guess this okay because trump says it’s great for the economy.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus How FedEx Cut Its Tax Bill to $0

Link Copied to Clipboard