Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1691936 11/13/19 03:20 PM
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Any subscribers here ? I was wondering what people's thoughts are on the service and quality of the streams , thoughts on the catalog of shows and movies available early on or if anyone has experienced any bugs or anything like that with the service. I'll get a free year through Verizon but haven't signed up yet

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BustkeviousMingo
Any subscribers here ? I was wondering what people's thoughts are on the service and quality of the streams , thoughts on the catalog of shows and movies available early on or if anyone has experienced any bugs or anything like that with the service. I'll get a free year through Verizon but haven't signed up yet

I got it yesterday (through Verizon) and haven't experienced any problems.

It has so many movies there are too many name. It also has all of Fox's library. It's a beast.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My buddy watched the Mandalorian yesterday, twice. He loved it. I may end up utilizing his password for a short time to do the same. If I like what I see, I’ll buy.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Just for clarification: if I have Verizon I should get it for free initially?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawgs4Life #1692011 11/13/19 08:10 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Just for clarification: if I have Verizon I should get it for free initially?

If you have Verizon unlimited, yes.

Legend
Legend
I never really liked Disney. Every Sunday night when the Wonderful World of Disney was on tv, it was as lame as I can remember tv being when I was young. I’m a Looney Tunes guy. Forget the stupid mice, I want an irreverent rabbit with a wacky duck foil.

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Yeah, I don't get all the Disney love. Especially by adults, but whatever.

Now, if you want to talk Laika or Aardman Studios then yeah....I'm all over that! 'Kubo & the Two Strings' was incredible!

PDXBrownsFan #1692023 11/13/19 10:42 PM
Legend
Legend
WHAT COMPANIES DOES DISNEY OWN?
Our map of companies owned by Disney is huge! It’s easy to get lost in the weeds. So here’s a much simpler list of companies Disney owns that aren’t as obvious (or don’t sport “Disney” in the name):

ABC
ESPN (80% stake)
Touchstone Pictures
Marvel
Lucasfilm
A&E (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
The History Channel (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
Lifetime (50% equity holding with Hearst Corporation)
Pixar
Hollywood Records
Vice Media (10% stake)
Core Publishing
Besides these, there are also the more obvious companies: Disney television channels, Disney stores, Disney radio stations, and Disney parks (including Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Disneyland Paris, Disney Cruise Line, and a host of other vacation-related properties). Their parks and properties tend to be the corporation’s biggest cash cows.

So just how many companies does Disney own? There are hundreds of individual companies under the umbrella of the Walt Disney Company, but what’s interesting and important is that the corporation has a hand in many other companies besides ones in which they have sole ownership.

WHAT DOES DISNEY OWN AS FAR AS RECOGNIZABLE BRANDS AND FILM FRANCHISES?
Disney-owned companies have characters and brands that are spread throughout mass media. Here’s just a sampling of a few of them:

Star Wars
The Muppets
The Marvel Cinematic Universe (but not the X-Men — yet!)
Disney Princesses/Princes (such as characters from Cinderella, Mulan, Frozen, Aladdin, and The Lion King)
The Chronicles of Narnia Franchise
The Pirates of the Caribbean Franchise
Pixar Films (such as Toy Story, The Incredibles, and Cars)
The Winnie the Pooh Franchise
The Indiana Jones Franchise
Grey’s Anatomy(and other popular ABC shows)

https://www.titlemax.com/discovery-center/money-finance/companies-disney-owns-worldwide/

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
PDXBrownsFan #1692039 11/14/19 03:01 AM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Yeah, I don't get all the Disney love. Especially by adults, but whatever.

If it were only Disney cartoons then yeah, I would understand this statement. It is so much more.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I hope this doesn't mean they will start hiding their content behind paywalls (special package cable channels (not basic cable), disney+) instead of it being on regular cable channels occasionally.

It will make me cranky, but not enough to pay for that. As most of that content is old and worn out. How many times can you watch Indiana Jones or The Force Awakens?

I would only be willing to pay for new content. And that teaser of the Mandelwhatever Star Wars thing wasn't enough to interest me as it looked like a rip off of the original Star Wars movie. I don't want retreads. I get that it is a new story, but it was a turn off.

No Craps Given
Tulsa #1692048 11/14/19 07:03 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I never really liked Disney. Every Sunday night when the Wonderful World of Disney was on tv, it was as lame as I can remember tv being when I was young. I’m a Looney Tunes guy. Forget the stupid mice, I want an irreverent rabbit with a wacky duck foil.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
cfrs15 #1692061 11/14/19 08:42 AM
Legend
Legend
Cool thanks!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Is Mandalorian a movie or show?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Is Mandalorian a movie or show?

A show. They’re releasing it episode at a time. No binge watching.

[Linked Image]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
We're doing the Verizon free year subscription. It's insane how much there is to watch. Luckily it's free because I barely have any time to watch anything.

It cracked me up to see all the 60s and 70s live action stuff. GUS ? Anyone seen that? That Darn Cat, Escape To Witch Mountain, The Black Hole. List goes on and on.

The Mandalorian very much lives up to the hype.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Anybody have any insight into the packages that are floating around out there?

Specifically, there's a bundle (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, I believe).

Anyone try this? Will this allow me to get MNF (ESPN+)?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1692361 11/14/19 06:10 PM
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Anybody have any insight into the packages that are floating around out there?

Specifically, there's a bundle (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, I believe).

Anyone try this? Will this allow me to get MNF (ESPN+)?
I don't have ESPN + but everything I've read says you can stream MNF through ESPN + . I don't have cable anymore either so I've been streaming MNF and the Browns games on the NFL app on my Android streaming box

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I try not to support Disney at all. They've ruined the Star Wars franchise so I really don't have a high opinion of them at all.

They're a couple years too late. Playstation Vue is the best streaming service and it's not even close.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
tastybrownies #1692412 11/14/19 07:43 PM
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I try not to support Disney at all. They've ruined the Star Wars franchise so I really don't have a high opinion of them at all.

They're a couple years too late. Playstation Vue is the best streaming service and it's not even close.
I tried the PlayStation Vue free trial and liked it.Im surprised Sony is shutting it down. My mom has Hulu with live tv and I like that even better than PlayStation Vue because of the Hulu library included with the subscription

tastybrownies #1692504 11/14/19 08:56 PM
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Lucas did plenty of ruining with the prequels well before Disney pulled out the checkbook.

But I liked Rogue One and the first episode of the Mandalorian is the best thing Star Wars related I've seen since the Clone Wars series. So as long as there are flashes of greatness, I'll never really consider Star Wars "ruined."

But the new Skywalker trilogy? Garbage.

Legend
Legend
I just went and checked this out .... and the standard level is $6.99, and the level that includes ESPN+ and Hulu is $12.99. That's not awful.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Brownoholic #1694447 11/15/19 01:41 AM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

Lucas did plenty of ruining with the prequels well before Disney pulled out the checkbook.

But I liked Rogue One and the first episode of the Mandalorian is the best thing Star Wars related I've seen since the Clone Wars series. So as long as there are flashes of greatness, I'll never really consider Star Wars "ruined."

I'm definitely going to buy a month just to binge Mandalorian which looks awesome.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

I'm definitely going to buy a month just to binge Mandalorian which looks awesome.

In case you missed my earlier post, they're not releasing it in bulk. Just episode at a time. I guess you can wait until the season is over then get it and binge watch. Just don’t expect to get the service today and binge watch it.

[Linked Image]
PortlandDawg #1695005 11/15/19 08:13 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn

In case you missed my earlier post, they're not releasing it in bulk. Just episode at a time. I guess you can wait until the season is over then get it and binge watch. Just don’t expect to get the service today and binge watch it.

Yeah, that's definitely what we're going to do, I'm not in a hurry to watch

F
Legend
Legend
F

Thousands of Disney customers say they have been hacked after signing up to its online streaming service.

Since Disney+ went live, hackers have stolen thousands of customers' accounts and put them up for sale on the dark web, according to a report.

People waited on telephone and online chat lines for hours, and many still say that Disney has yet to sort their problems.

The company has not replied to a request for comment.

Disney's answer to Netflix, Disney+ is an online platform where fans can view its movies, short films and TV shows, including the Marvel and Star Wars franchises.

Ten million people signed up in its first week.

Disney+ has not yet launched in the UK, but is available in the United States, Canada and the Netherlands.

On 12 November, its first day live, people had technical problems and many complained on social media.

Others said they were locked out of their accounts, and since they contacted Disney they have not heard back.

According to an investigation by Zdnet, thousands of user accounts went on sale on the dark web.

Only hours after the service launched, hackers were selling Disney+ accounts for as little as $3 (£2.30).

A subscription to the service costs $7 (£5.40) a month.

With the help of a cyber-security researcher, the BBC also found several hacked customer accounts for sale on the dark web.

Thousands of these stolen accounts show what kind of subscription the person signed up with and when it expires.

Customers say they saw their emails and passwords changed.

Many say they used unique userIDs and passwords to access the streaming platform.

But Jason Hill, a lead researcher with CyberInt, says it looks like many were stolen because people use the same passwords for different sites.

Mr Hill said that hackers can lift someone's password from a different site which has previously been hacked and then try it on a new site, like Disney+. If it works, they steal the account.

"Whilst many may consider having a unique password for each online service to be difficult to manage, password managers simplify this process and allow you to generate and securely store unique difficult-to-guess passwords," he said.

The streaming service does not have two-factor authentication.

This is when a separate password is sent upon login, to verify an account identity.

[See Link for rest of article]

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-50461171

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Disney +

Link Copied to Clipboard