Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
The shame is that Garrett destroyed the Steelers LT in this game. It will be hard to get anything like that same amount of pressure without him in the lineup.

Like Sheldon Richardson and Ogunjobi crushing the middle of their line where Pouncey won't be??

Garrett was playing on another level during that Steelers game. Arguments aside about how he should be playing week in and week out, I noticed him A LOT in that last game. I'll feel a lot better about our Dline if we can get Vernon back, but as you say, Richardson and Ogunjobi will also have to have a similarly spectacular game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
So our Dline for the Miami game will be:

Chad Thomas
Devaroe Lawrence
Sheldon Richardson
Chris Smith

Eli Ankou and Brian Cox are backups, with Larry Ogunjobi coming back the following week. Olivier Vernon is nursing a sprained knee and his return date is an unknown.

I think we will be okay on the Dline when Vernon and Ogunjobi return. Hopefully Vernon is back before the Pitt game. Until then it's a weakness. Fitzmagic might have all day to pass without a lot of CB/Safety blitzing.

Our cornerbacks are in good shape moving forward, but it looks like we've lost starting safety Morgan Burnett for the season and Eric Murray is injured as well. Luckily Damarious Randall was not suspended because we are super thin at safety as is.

All in all losing Garrett for the season hurts but I think we can survive and still win several games down the stretch with the offense seemingly coming into its own a little each week.

I'm still optimistic going down the stretch. Every game is winnable IMHO.
Hopefully Vernon gets right.

O
Legend
Legend
O
According to the injury report, neither Vernon nor Murray practiced last week.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Didn't Vernon miss time with an injury last season ? ?

waterdawg #1695872 11/19/19 10:10 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
On ESPN's site, it says he played in 11 games in 2018.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks Dawg . I thought he had some time out last year . Remember hesring something about that when Dorsey traded for him ( not a trade I liked much ) ..

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
They keep saying on the radio vernon is most likely done for the season frown

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Time for Redwine to step it up.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

He looked lost against the Steelers

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend

We will find out more about Wilks this week.

Adjustments will be needed. Smith, Thomas and Vernon are the DE's If Vernon can play.

Lawrence will have to play for Ogunjobi.

But more importantly Wilks will have to make some changes.

He will have to blitz more because we will not get the pressure from the front four like we did with Myles.

The DB's will be asked to cover longer. Again pressure related.

What we do at linebacker most likely will change some as well. On run downs maybe a true 4-3 with different looks on different downs and distance.

Losing a player of Myles's caliber is not an easy fix. Richardson and Vernon are experienced players they will be called on to do more.

This will be a stern test for Wilks.

bonefish #1695945 11/19/19 01:55 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Adjustments will be needed. Smith, Thomas and Vernon are the DE's If Vernon can play.

He will have to blitz more because we will not get the pressure from the front four like we did with Myles.

What we do at linebacker most likely will change some as well. On run downs maybe a true 4-3 with different looks on different downs and distance.

Losing a player of Myles's caliber is not an easy fix. Richardson and Vernon are experienced players they will be called on to do more.

QFT!

Next man up is... Steve Wilks.

Just watched the Miami - Buffalo game from Sunday. FitzMagic throws his wand to the ground at the first sign of pressure.

I've argued for more blitzing all season. Yet, I understood the philosophy of creating pressure up front with one of the best players, and lines, in the league. At the end of the day, that philosophy is "playing it safe"... And playing it safe doesn't translate to a championship caliber defense. Not in any alternate universe would "losing Myles" make you a better team, but in this one, because the line is still plenty "stout", it may actually be a blessing in disguise if we can create more havoc and turnovers.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
slick #1695955 11/19/19 02:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: slick
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk

He looked lost against the Steelers

One of the following will be true...

Red redwine, you make me feel so fine
You keep me rockin' all of the time

or...

Red redwine, you make me feel so sad
Any time I see you go, it make me feel bad

yebat' Putin
bonefish #1695958 11/19/19 02:23 PM
Legend
Legend

While all of that is true.... the offense is going to have to take some of the pressure off the defense this week. Even in our 4 wins, we have only scored more than 23 points once (Ravens).... that needs to change. We need 30+ because not only is Wilkes doing without Myles, the jury is still out on Ogunjobi (might win appeal and be back but for now, he's not), Burnett is out, Heard that Randall won't be suspended (hope not)... .

The Dolphins are giving up 148 ypg on the ground, we should go over 200 yards this week... we just need to pound, pound, pound and keep our defense on the sidelines as much as possible..

yebat' Putin
slick #1695968 11/19/19 02:55 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
First I have heard about that. Link?

DCDAWGFAN #1695970 11/19/19 02:56 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

While all of that is true.... the offense is going to have to take some of the pressure off the defense this week. Even in our 4 wins, we have only scored more than 23 points once (Ravens).... that needs to change. We need 30+ because not only is Wilkes doing without Myles, the jury is still out on Ogunjobi (might win appeal and be back but for now, he's not), Burnett is out, Heard that Randall won't be suspended (hope not)... .

The Dolphins are giving up 148 ypg on the ground, we should go over 200 yards this week... we just need to pound, pound, pound and keep our defense on the sidelines as much as possible..
There is literally 0 hope that we will do that lol.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
First I have heard about that. Link?

Vernon may play this week.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
If I remember correctly hasnt Fitz given us fits in the past? I remember him picking us apart when he played for buffalo

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I think that its time to unveil our secret wonder (V) weapons.

On a serious note I would like to see Hassel brought up from the PS.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Next man up

Link Copied to Clipboard