Print Thread
#1688313 11/05/19 09:46 AM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
What ever happened to, no abbreviated cuss words,
I got a week ban for what coulda been, (and I meant as) freak the field goal, .. because I double looked at it and thought, "oh yea that can stand for freak" right before I hit submit.
Way back in 2006 iirc.

But I wasn't going to argue.

Still, everytime I read other abbrev. of the same word in recent years I think about quoting it and mention that they watch out because I got a week ban in 06'

But I don't want to be held accountable for discussing bans.

So, it's a dislike.

And I don't even mind reading it, and I'm not asking for anyone to be banned, maybe just sent a pm/dm message.

And I feel like saying it times but have had to use way obscure references to get the point across like, "ralphie from a Christmas story" who in the movie made a point of saying fudge.

whatever, I went on too long and made my point.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Feel free to report any profanity or masked profanity you see. Those can be easily missed as every post on this board is not monitored word for word.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Can we get a definition of EXACTLY what "masked profanity" is?

Legend
Legend
If you take a curse word, and mask it, even though what the word is, is obvious.

For example .... if it were a curse word, and instead of show, the person types s#0w. (or something like that) The word is still fairly obvious, even though it's not in its "original" form.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
If you take a curse word, and mask it, even though what the word is, is obvious.

For example .... if it were a curse word, and instead of show, the person types s#0w. (or something like that) The word is still fairly obvious, even though it's not in its "original" form.

Thank you.

What about initials used for swearing?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is considered a cuss word though? I used another word for crap one time and got a 10 day suspension yet I've seen a lot worse typed on here.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
A
Legend
Legend
A

So, why isn't that enforced then?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

So, why isn't that enforced then?

We remove a lot of them, some get missed, as I said before. We don’t suspend much for this anymore, unless it’s blatant or a poster does it constantly.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: dawg66
What is considered a cuss word though? I used another word for crap one time and got a 10 day suspension yet I've seen a lot worse typed on here.

I can’t imagine a 10 day suspension for something like this, I’ve never seen anybody get more than 1-3 days. You either ran into a very cranky Ref or you are mis-remembering. wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's been a few years ago but I know it was at least 7 days.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Well stop being such a p**py head brownie

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Referee 3
Originally Posted By: dawg66

I can’t imagine a 10 day suspension for something like this, I’ve never seen anybody get more than 1-3 days. You either ran into a very cranky Ref or you are mis-remembering. wink

Just for clarity... given the current climate and largely negative feelings for our head coach.. is it still safe to use "FK" in referencing him? I feel like it could be walking the line of profanity...

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Just for clarity... given the current climate and largely negative feelings for our head coach.. is it still safe to use "FK" in referencing him? I feel like it could be walking the line of profanity...

As long as you don't use his middle initial (Ulysses).

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I think as with anything that things evolve. As Ref 3 stated, " We don’t suspend much for this anymore. "

But then you have the morality police hoping everyone gets suspended for everything.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I think as with anything that things evolve. As Ref 3 stated, " We don’t suspend much for this anymore. "

But then you have the morality police hoping everyone gets suspended for everything.

Soon someone will suggest we outlaw dancing too nanner

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
E
Legend
Legend
E
When the age limit on my games went up from 14 to 16 due to laws, we decided to allow profanity.

Under certain conditions:

Not excessive
Not directed at another member
Not vulgar, such as the C word
Not part of an account name

Basically if they can be responsible about it, it was ok.

I don't know that this site needs to allow a bunch of profanity, but sometimes I want to link stuff from reddit and I can't because of profanity there.
I kind of feel like linking to stuff should be allowed with the caveat of "read at your own risk"

The current rules on linking are a bummer, because reddit sometimes has good commentary on things. They are also heavily moderated. They require people be civil to one another, but they also allow profanity.

It isn't much different than linking to twitter, because there can be profanity in a tweet comments.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I predict that for my upcoming menopause. lol

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Please take videos.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

Soon someone will suggest we outlaw dancing too nanner

Baptists?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Great, more global warming.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Great, more global warming.
brownie

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum What ever happened to

Link Copied to Clipboard