Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
and you know what? im looking dead at the parents. i can only imagine what kind of crap was being said inside the household

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/16-old-girl-ha...topstories.html

A 16-year-old girl was arrested over her "detailed plan to commit murder" at a predominately black church in Georgia, police said Tuesday.

The teenager, who is white, was charged with criminal attempt to commit murder regarding the alleged plot at Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church, according to a statement from the Gainesville Police Department.

Police did not reveal details of the plan, but said the church had been "targeted by the juvenile based on the racial demographic of the church members."

(MORE: 'Suspicious elements' in string of fires at historically black Louisiana churches)

School administrators were the ones first notified of the alleged attack after other students found the teenager's notebook that laid out the plot, prompting them to contact school counselors at Gainesville High School, according to police.

The school conducted a preliminary investigation and were able to verify the threat, police said. The investigation was then turned over to Gainesville police.

Dr. Jeremy Williams, superintendent of Gainesville City School System, said he was "stunned" over the arrest.

"A single act by a student does not represent the views and beliefs of Gainesville City School System. As a school system that celebrates our diversity, we are beyond stunned with the recent development," Williams said in a statement to ABC News. "However, we are extremely proud of our students notifying school administration of a possible off-campus threat."

(MORE: Maryland teen was plotting mass school shooting, police say)

The church was notified and police said the threat was under control. The church did not immediately respond to ABC News for comment.

Gainesville Police Chief Jay Parrish applauded the students and school administration for helping stop "a potentially horrific incident."

The teenager was transported to the Regional Youth Detention Center.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Very glad this was stopped but I'm with you Swish... she didn't get to this point in a vacuum... Odds are the parents were a significant influence in getting her to this point.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
What does a 16 year old know about Race that their parents didn't teach them? She had to learn her feelings on race at home..

Doesn't excuse the girl, but it explains a lot.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
What does a 16 year old know about Race that their parents didn't teach them? She had to learn her feelings on race at home..

Could be a lot, social media, chat rooms, friends.. my daughter is 16 and I have accepted that, as her father, my ability to influence her is growing smaller by the minute... fortunately we have a great relationship and she's a great kid and we talk all the time about important stuff... but the outside influences are TREMENDOUS at 16..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Thankfully, students did the right thing and notified authorities. There is a lot of influence these days that go beyond "the home", but obviously this racist scumbag had these views pretty deeply ingrained - do the math.

What I really don't understand is releasing the name of the church. "Here, racist scumbags, this idiot couldn't pull it off, but if you're feeling froggy, here's a great target."

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Absolutely disgusting

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Very glad this was stopped but I'm with you Swish... she didn't get to this point in a vacuum... Odds are the parents were a significant influence in getting her to this point.

Or they were totally checked out, leaving her to get her ideology from the internet.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
E
Legend
Legend
E
I do not understand why people can't just get along.

Why is it soooooo hard.

Too much Georgia in the headlines lately.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
She might have watched Trump rallies on youtube. The suggested videos that come up after watching just one makes you feel like a nazi.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I’m also looking dead at trump and his deplorable sheep who continue to spread hate unchecked on the internet. Pfft the trump era.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

Could be a lot, social media, chat rooms, friends.. my daughter is 16 and I have accepted that, as her father, my ability to influence her is growing smaller by the minute... fortunately we have a great relationship and she's a great kid and we talk all the time about important stuff... but the outside influences are TREMENDOUS at 16..

Ahh, I suppose,, The other side of this is that where were the parents of these kids on Social Media?

But in the end, I suspect your point is valid,,, Parents are much busier than my parent were. Simpler times I guess. They had time for us.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
All Pro
All Pro

Doesn't excuse the girl, but it explains a lot.

Not necessarily. Could be the influence of peers too

All Pro
All Pro

Or these.

All Pro
All Pro
Yes, Trump endorses goingbinto a church and killing people

Libs are a better example of violence. See what they did after Trump won the election

Last edited by dagesh; 02/16/20 08:57 PM.
Legend
Legend

Legend
Legend
Completely agree.... my older sister went completely opposite of my family's beliefs starting at about 14.... mainly due to influence of friends she had at the time.... while it could be the parents... social media and friends are pretty influencial at that age

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
BS. PragerU is all BS.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Not sure who to blame for this w/out knowing the inner details. The parents could share in the blame, but not sure which century others are living in because kids find all kinds of weird crap on social media. Also, the girl might just be one of those evil souls who walk the earth w/us. Maybe all three played a part. Maybe not. Who knows.

I do think it is irresponsible to blame Trump. I do not like the guy, but hate crimes have been part of our nation long before he took office. It bothers me that some folks want to blame the the President for the evil in the world. It happens w/every presidency. It is not nothing new. I just find it irresponsible.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Not sure who to blame for this

Pretty easy imo. The trump era is calling for crap like this everyday. Look at all of the trumpians not saying one negative word on how trump spreads his hate throughout this once great country. Pffft.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
IMO there would be plenty of blame to go around. The girl, her parents, friends, and anybody else who influenced her to act in such a sickening way. blush

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
IMO there would be plenty of blame to go around. The girl, her parents, friends, and anybody else who influenced her to act in such a sickening way.

And one again the trump era factor...ignored as usual. blush

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
notallthere Slavery was his fault too notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
F
Legend
Legend
F

I'm going to go out on a limb, but one does not plan to commit murder just because family or friends claim a group is bad.

Possibly she has had negative interactions that have formed these opinions, and that have influenced her plan to attack.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
BS. PragerU is all BS.

I see somebody has been keeping up with Samantha Bee.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
PragerU rakes in donations after Samantha Bee dis: 'The left validates what we say all the time'

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
BS. PragerU is all BS.

I see somebody has been keeping up with Samantha Bee.

Rarely see anything of her and not a fan, so no this is my own conclusion after watching it on several topics. They use some facts but twist the heck out of them until it's soft propaganda.

All Pro
All Pro
Blame Clinton for the Columbine shooting LOL

Last edited by dagesh; 02/18/20 07:08 PM.
All Pro
All Pro
Blame Trump for Columbine and Santana High School too, while you're at it. LOL

Legend
Legend
https://www.axios.com/hate-crimes-fbi-re...4643710362.html

Yep ...I’m blaming the trump era. It’s all on him and his gang of “Brown Skivvies’ that support his fat arse. The trump era pfffft.

I feel for the Chinese Americans in the trump era during this coronavirus outbreak.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Yep ...I’m blaming the trump era. It’s all on him and his gang of “Brown Skivvies’ that support his fat arse. The trump era pfffft.

I feel for the Chinese Americans in the trump era during this coronavirus outbreak.

Lock them up.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

There have always been hate crimes. I despise Trump, but to blame this girl's plot on Trump is irresponsible. In fact, it removes the spotlight from the real problems society is facing and causes us to stop searching for possible solutions.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I certainly do not blame any specific crime on Trump, when you have someone that fuels hate and division, there is a connection in regards to emboldening those who would commit these kinds of acts.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 16-year-old girl had 'detailed plan to commit murder' at predominantly black church: Police

Link Copied to Clipboard