Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
A couple things:

1. Seems like heads of state everywhere can be charged with crimes while sitting in office, and I bet if it actually got challenged in court, the DOJ opinion that a sitting president can not be indicted will be exactly that- an opinion.

2. Conservatives need to stop the games acting like criticizing the Israeli government = being anti-semetic. It’s tired, old, and ridiculous.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israe...-trust-n1084831

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been indicted on charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust, Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit announced Thursday.

Netanyahu, who has denied any wrongdoing and said he is the victim of a politically orchestrated "witch hunt," faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of bribery and a maximum 3-year term for fraud and breach of trust, according to legal experts.

In February, Mandelblit announced he was considering indicting Netanyahu on one count of bribery and three counts of fraud and breach of trust, in three different cases. The cases are known as Case 1000, Case 2000 and Case 4000.

Case 1000 alleges that Netanyahu received gifts, including cigars and champagne, worth “hundreds of thousands of shekels” from Hollywood mogul Arnon Milchan and other supporters.

Case 2000 alleges that Netanyahu worked out a deal for favorable coverage with Arnon "Noni" Moses, the publisher of an Israeli newspaper, Yediot Aharonot, in exchange for backing a bill that would weaken a rival newspaper.

Case 4000 alleges that Netanyahu made regulatory decisions that favored the Bezeq telecommunications group in exchange for positive coverage on the news website Walla.

The indictment comes while Netanyahu is serving as Israel's caretaker prime minister after he failed to cobble together a government last month.

Netanyahu had hoped to pass legislation that would prevent him from being indicted but has been unable to do so because he failed to form Israel’s next government following the Sept. 17 election.

Netanyahu still has the option to ask the Israeli Parliament for immunity. But this request would need to be approved by a special committee that has not been established due to ongoing political deadlock.

The prime minister's chief political rival, Benny Gantz, announced Wednesday that he had also failed to form a government, prolonging the country’s political uncertainty and raising the prospect of Israel holding its third national election in a year.

There are now 21 days in which any member of Parliament can become prime minister if they muster the 61 signatures needed to achieve a majority in the Knesset. If that does not happen, Israel will return to the polls.

In which case, Netanyahu’s indictment potentially poses a new legal problem.

If he wins the next election, it will be the first time a candidate for government is under indictment, raising the question as to whether President Reuven Rivlin can give Netanyahu the mandate to form the next government.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm really not surprised by this one. It's been brewing for some time now.

But yes, a "DOJ opinion" doesn't mean anything.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
99.99999999999% of all politicians are crooks how do you think they get elected ???

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
99.9999999% of people lie. Often times the real difference is how often they lie and what they are lying about that really matters.

I mean people tell their children there is a Santa Claus.

Then some people tell lies to cover up criminal acts and to smear other people.

Can you see the difference there?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
??? so when they get caught, you think its no big deal?

im not sure what message you're trying to send here.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Swish

The message of Christian values?

#gmstrong
Swish Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

i most certainly hope not.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
??? so when they get caught, you think its no big deal?

Or that because they all lie we shouldn't try to catch them and hold them accountable?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

You are more openly hostile to Christians than most of the atheists I know.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
To some I am. Some deserve the ire. Since I'm not an athiest, their views really have no impact on me. But when someone distorts Christianity I take that personally.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Can someone talk about him instilling apartheid in his nation?

Legend
Legend
I’m sure he’ll be calling. ‘Fake news. A witch hunt. ‘

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
I’m sure he’ll be calling. ‘Fake news. A witch hunt. ‘

He already did. It was stated in the article....

Quote:
Netanyahu, who has denied any wrongdoing and said he is the victim of a politically orchestrated "witch hunt,"

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Benjamin Netanyahu indicted on charges of bribery, fraud and breach of trust

Link Copied to Clipboard