Next Thread
Print Thread
#1697077 11/22/19 04:50 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I don't remember if I posted anything, but earlier this year we adopted a dog after moving into our house. Luna had a real rough start to her life, and so bringing her into the house ended up being quite the undertaking. She is really nervous and excitable. She was doing really well until this past weekend, when she bit my son. It wasn't a malicious bite, and my son was asking for it (toddler doing toddler things). We're usually really good about not letting him good around too much with her, and she's been tolerant up until now.

It sucks because she's a great dog and has been improving a lot with her behavior and training, but we have to give her up. She's not going to a shelter, but rather back to the rescue org we got her from and a foster. I do think she'd make a great pet, just not one with a toddler around like our home.

We're pretty upset. She's only been with us for ~9 months, but that's a whole lot less than we intended, and she's already a part of the family.

Anyways, just wanted to share. No real reason other than it helps to keep talking it out. I'm still going to be a mess the day I have to load her and her stuff into the car.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1697082 11/22/19 04:56 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Sorry to hear that. When we brought my son home from the hospital, the male dog I have wasn't too keen on him (I think he thought he was a chew toy). We were lucky enough that we had the ability to keep them separate until my son was a little older. Even now, I do not let them alone together, if I am leaving the room, the dog is put into his crate and locked. I don't know what I would I do if he bit my son, so I give you kudos for surrendering him back, as opposed to harming or putting him down.

oobernoober #1697083 11/22/19 05:01 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Again, they truly are family.

That's too bad. Sorry to hear.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

oobernoober #1697205 11/23/19 06:54 AM
Legend
Legend
frown frown frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Luna

Link Copied to Clipboard