Milk Man #1698921 11/26/19 01:28 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Boo.

If we lose to a #3, undrafted rookie from Samford playing behind a 2nd string center....then we seriously need to re-think what we believe this team and coaches are capable of.

BpG #1698943 11/26/19 02:00 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BpG
Lamar is certainly one of a kind. He has 124 rushing attempts on the season, that is a running back number. If the Ravens win a SB with Lamar it was a home run because the likelihood this dude makes it to his second contract taking the shots he takes seems unlikely.

If they don't pay running backs 2nd contract money, will they pony up QB money for Lamar?

Will be very interesting.

Lamar has looked really good throwing the ball. With that said, he looks best throwing it when the team (and himself) are also running the ball extremely well.

His three worst games this year were probably the Chiefs, Browns, Steelers.. the Chiefs and Browns got out ahead of them and made them one dimensional and the Steelers did a good job of shutting down their run, worst rushing performance of the year.

They have 5 games this year with more rushing yards than passing yards, which is pretty rare in the NFL these days...

Right now he's in an ideal situation... if things change, can he change with them? I don't know.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan

If we lose to a #3, undrafted rookie from Samford playing behind a 2nd string center....then we seriously need to re-think what we believe this team and coaches are capable of.

Does Brandon Allen ring a bell for you?

We've already been there and done that.

DCDAWGFAN #1698977 11/26/19 03:02 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

They have 5 games this year with more rushing yards than passing yards, which is pretty rare in the NFL these days...

Right now he's in an ideal situation... if things change, can he change with them? I don't know.

One thing that usually sticks out to me reading his stat lines is the yards/TDs he racks up on a very low quantity of throws. Offensive scheme is featuring the run and being selective on when he throws. When he is asked to throw, he executes.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawgs4Life #1698978 11/26/19 03:02 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
not to pick nits, but Allen was drafted in 2016

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

One thing that usually sticks out to me reading his stat lines is the yards/TDs he racks up on a very low quantity of throws. Offensive scheme is featuring the run and being selective on when he throws. When he is asked to throw, he executes.

Exactly.. Lamar very well may be the leader for MVP at the moment but without a doubt, Harbaugh is coach of the year. The position he and his staff have put the team in (and Lamar) for success is remarkable.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1698997 11/26/19 03:21 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Exactly.. Lamar very well may be the leader for MVP at the moment but without a doubt, Harbaugh is coach of the year. The position he and his staff have put the team in (and Lamar) for success is remarkable.
Harbaugh maybe putting him in a position to succeed, but the kid is the one succeeding. Lets not forget that. He still has to execute, and he is doing so at the highest of levels. He deserves every bit of accolade and head nod he has received.

And I say that, after I was adamant he was going to fail this year.

I have eaten my crow, and I believe we are going to be in a dog fight for a long time with him.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 41 Dolphins 24 Other Games

Link Copied to Clipboard