Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
well, lets hear it, trump supporters. start trashing trump over golfing like you did obama. fair and balanced, right? keep that same energy:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-golf-trips-millions-thanksgiving-221349040.html

With his Thanksgiving vacation, President Donald Trump’s golf hobby has now cost Americans an estimated $115 million in travel and security expenses ― the equivalent of 287 years of the presidential salary he frequently boasts about not taking.

Of that amount, many hundreds of thousands ― perhaps millions ― of dollars have gone into his own cash registers, as Secret Service agents, White House staff and other administration officials stay and eat at his hotels and golf courses.

The exact amount cannot be determined because the White House refuses to reveal how many Trump aides have been staying at his properties when he visits them and will not turn over receipts for the charges incurred.

In response to a HuffPost query on Wednesday asking if she knew how many administration officials other than herself are staying at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, Florida, during his Thanksgiving stay, and how much it is all costing, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham responded with a one-word answer: “No.”

But lawsuits filed by news organizations and watchdog groups against other executive branch agencies ― the White House is exempt from Freedom of Information Act queries ― have revealed payments totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars, arguably in violation of the Constitution’s domestic emoluments clause, which prohibits Trump from accepting benefits beyond his salary from the federal or any state government.

ProPublica, for example, found that Mar-a-Lago charged taxpayers $546 a night for rooms ― three times the per-diem rate and the maximum allowed by federal rules ― for 24 Trump administration officials who stayed there during a visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2017. Taxpayers also picked up a $1,006.60 bar tab for 54 top shelf drinks ordered by White House staff.

The group Property of the People recently revealed payments totaling $254,021 from the Secret Service to various Trump properties in just the first five months of his presidential tenure. Over that period, Trump had golfed 25 times. As of Wednesday, he has spent 223 days at a golf course he owns. If the first five months are an accurate indicator, that means the Secret Service has likely spent nearly $2.3 million in taxpayer money at Trump’s businesses, of which he is the sole owner.

“It’s becoming abundantly clear that Donald Trump uses his presidency as a way to put money into his pocket,” said Jordan Libowitz of the group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. “The issue isn’t that he likes golf. The issue is that he has spent a huge amount of his presidency making promotional appearances at his struggling golf courses, and leaving taxpayers to foot the bill.”

Trump, like many Republicans, repeatedly criticized then-President Barack Obama for playing golf so frequently during his years in office. “I play golf to relax. My company is in great shape. @BarackObama plays golf to escape work while America goes down the drain,” Trump tweeted in December 2011.

During his campaign for the Oval Office, Trump claimed that as president, he would be too busy working to have time for any vacations at all. “I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don’t think I’d ever see Turnberry again. I don’t think I’d ever see Doral again,” he told a rally audience in February 2016, referring to two Trump-owned courses. “I don’t ever think I’d see anything. I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

Despite those remarks, Trump is on schedule to spend far more time on the golf course than Obama did. At this point in Obama’s first term, he had spent 88 days on a golf course. But Trump’s visit to his course in West Palm Beach on Wednesday was his 223rd day at one of his own courses ― two and a half times as many golfing days as Obama.

Further, Obama played the majority of his rounds at courses on military bases within a short drive of the White House, while Trump has insisted on taking numerous trips to visit his courses in New Jersey and Florida, both of which require seven-figure travel and security costs.

A Government Accountability Office report earlier this year found that each Mar-a-Lago trip costs taxpayers about $3.4 million. Much of that is to fly Air Force One and the various cargo planes needed to ferry the president’s armored limousine and other vehicles in his motorcade. Based on the report’s analysis and methodology, HuffPost estimated costs for Trump’s other non-Washington-area golf trips as of May and found that the total had passed $100 million. And that was even before Trump scheduled a June stopover in Ireland ― involving costly and elaborate preparations by the State Department ― primarily to visit and promote his resort in Doonbeg.

Trump’s visit to his resort in Turnberry, Scotland, in 2018 cost taxpayers an extra $3 million beyond what it would have cost had he remained in London prior to leaving for Finland. Of that, $1.2 million was just the expense of renting all the additional vehicles needed by the massive entourage that a foreign trip entails.

Trump’s current trip to Palm Beach is the 25th of his presidency. Wednesday was his 58th day golfing at his course in West Palm Beach. He has golfed 77 days at his Bedminster, New Jersey, course; 77 days at his Northern Virginia course; four times at his Jupiter, Florida, course; three times in Doonbeg; twice in Turnberry; and once each at his courses in Los Angeles and Doral, Florida. Since taking office, he has golfed only twice on a course he does not own, both times in Japan at the invitation of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during official visits.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
highlighting this:

During his campaign for the Oval Office, Trump claimed that as president, he would be too busy working to have time for any vacations at all. “I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don’t think I’d ever see Turnberry again. I don’t think I’d ever see Doral again,” he told a rally audience in February 2016, referring to two Trump-owned courses. “I don’t ever think I’d see anything. I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

Despite those remarks, Trump is on schedule to spend far more time on the golf course than Obama did. At this point in Obama’s first term, he had spent 88 days on a golf course. But Trump’s visit to his course in West Palm Beach on Wednesday was his 223rd day at one of his own courses ― two and a half times as many golfing days as Obama.

wow.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What did O spend on taking over 100 people to Hawaii also his Mother-in- Law. You know the babysitter who didn't babysitter.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What has the Libs/Dems spent on all Impeachment crap?

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
actually, here's a total number from a conservative website, so you cant claim fake news:

Final Obama travel tab: $100 million

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/final-obama-travel-tab-100-million

here's another one, that says 114:

https://www.newsweek.com/obama-administration-travel-costs-114-million-trump-723883

so even if you use the 114 million number, that was over a total of 8 years.

trump has already exceeded that in 3 with 115 million, which means we still got a year left. and trump will smash that number easily.

dont deflect, keep that same energy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
lol what? this is your argument?

you're fake. you conservatives cant call it straight whatsoever. bunch of cult followers and hypocrites.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
What did O spend on taking over 100 people to Hawaii also his Mother-in- Law. You know the babysitter who didn't babysitter.

...or "Obama’s Dog Flies to Vacation on Separate Jet"!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

...or "Obama’s Dog Flies to Vacation on Separate Jet"!

Guess Swish is being to subtle for you. Here try this:

WHATEVER EXCESSIVE CRAZY TRAVEL EXPENDITURE (YOU READ ABOUT ON YOUR ALT RIGHT PROPAGANDA WEB SITES) THAT OBAMA SPENT IN TOTAL OVER 8 YEARS - HAS ALREADY BEEN EXCEEDED BY TRUMP IN 3 AND A BIT YEARS.

You see the beauty of this is, the crazier and more outlandish examples you provide on Obama - whether real or imagined - only go to show you how much more Trump is spending. . . . . smdh.

You can't make up this level of obtuseness.

Last edited by mgh888; 11/27/19 08:25 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Swish, was Obama's total travel budget 'about' $115 million over eight years? And is the cost of Trump's travel just for golf over this amount or is this comparing total travel cost to to total travel cost.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
This does not include the big ass bill for Trump's family's travel tab. It came out the other day but I forget how many millions it was.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
However, in Trump's defense, these are working weekends for him. He's drawing customers to his private business and stuffing his pockets with taxpayer cash to the tune of 10s to 100s of thousands per trip! I call that working... the system... or the heist.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Swish, was Obama's total travel budget 'about' $115 million over eight years? And is the cost of Trump's travel just for golf over this amount or is this comparing total travel cost to to total travel cost.

thats the part im trying to figure out.

because the 110-115 number is for obama's total cost. golf, vacation, whatever.

115 for trump is reading like its JUST the golf trips. which im severly hoping isnt the case. because if it is, it be REALLY interesting to see the total #

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
he spends a lot of "executive time" over there.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Air Force Spent $675K on Melania Trump’s Flights Before White House Move

Melania Trump’s 21 flights to be with President Trump over a three-month period before she moved into the White House last year cost the Air Force (and U.S. taxpayers) more than $675,000, according to military records obtained by The Wall Street Journal. Air Force jets flew the first lady to New York City, Florida, and Washington, D.C. during the time she and was still living in New York City’s Trump Tower while Barron Trump was finishing the fifth grade. At least 19 flights were made to La Guardia Airport and nine to Palm Beach International to shuttle Mrs. Trump to and from her home, the White House, and the Trump Organization’s Mar-a-Lago resort in South Florida. The planes she typically took on these trips cost “$10,075 an hour to fly,” according to the Defense Department hourly rates.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/air-force-...hite-house-move

O
Legend
Legend
O
Donald Trump Jr.’s Trip to India Cost Taxpayers Nearly $100,000: WaPo

U.S. taxpayers incurred a cost of nearly $100,000 for a lavish trip Donald Trump Jr. took to India in February to promote his family’s luxury condominium projects, The Washington Post reports. The trip cost more than $97,805 for hotel rooms, airfare, car rental, and overtime for Secret Service agents, according to 47 pages of purchase orders, requisition forms, and planning work sheets released by the Department of Homeland Security in response to a Freedom of Information request. Since President Trump has not placed his assets in a blind trust—as previous presidents have done—he still has effective control over the Trump real-estate empire, and therefore benefits from his children’s travels.

While in India, Secret Service agents crisscrossed the country following Trump Jr. as he walked the red carpet, attended a ribbon-cutting ceremony at a high-rise overlooking the Arabian Sea in Mumbai, hosted champagne dinners for buyers, and had a private meeting with India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The high cost of this, and similar trips to promote Trump’s brand overseas, has received intense criticism from domestic watchdog groups as well as on Capitol Hill.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trump-jrs-trip-to-india-cost-taxpayers-nearly-dollar100000-wapo

O
Legend
Legend
O
The family spends a ton of money traveling, 100's of millions of taxpayer dollars.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL! It is so much fun to see your hate and desperation Dimos.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Purp needs to disable like buttons on your posts. It's like watching you touch yourself.

Legend
Legend
My dad did most of his buisness deals on the golf course.... I didn't care an It Obamas golf trips... don't care about trumps...

Last edited by jaybird; 11/28/19 12:41 AM.

<><

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah really. Obama spent a lot of taxpayer dollars on vacations also.

This topic is lame. Every President does it.

No Craps Given
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nah, I want them to keep that same energy they had for Obama’s cost.

If they were outraged then, be outraged now. Always talking about government spending, but ever since trump took office, nobody wants to talk about government spending. All of a sudden it’s now “everyone does it”.

They need to keep that same energy. Or admit they were being fake.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
When you start bashing Obama for his excessive vacation spending, then I will care.

No Craps Given
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Because it wasn’t excessive:

https://www.cleveland.com/nation/2017/08/presidential_vacations_who_too.html

Obama spent less time on vacation than bush jr, trump, Clinton, Reagan, and bush sr. Who took over 300 days despite only having one term.

Again, conservatives need to keep that same energy. Your what about and deflection will always get smacked down with FACTS.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Trump’s Golf Trips Could Cost Taxpayers Over $340 Million

When he was campaigning President Trump frequently bashed President Obama for playing golf and said that he would be too busy to play. Per a HuffPost article he said, “I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don’t think I’d ever see Turnberry again. I don’t think I’d ever see Doral again,” he told a rally audience in February 2016, referring to his course near the Miami airport. “I don’t ever think I’d see anything. I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off.”

It took less than two weeks before he broke that promise vs. Obama not playing his first round until he had been in office for about three months and Obama didn’t visit a course outside of the DC area until August 2009, seven months after his inauguration. One reason Trump has been able to play so much golf is that he inherited an economy that was in very good shape vs. Obama taking office in the teeth of the Great Recession.

As can be seen in the chart below from trumpgolfcount.com, Trump has played at least 88 rounds of golf since he became President, has likely played 139 and has visited golf courses over 193 days. These compare to Obama’s 76 outings over the same timeframe.

Trump's golf outings

Trump’s golf trips have almost exclusively been to his properties. Below is a breakdown of Trump’s visits.

Trump golf outings over 2 and a half years

1 of 193 outings were to the President’s Cup
2 of 193 outings were in Japan
3 of 193 outings were at Trump’s Ireland course
190 of 193 outings were to Trump’s golf properties
20 flights to Bedminster, New Jersey, to visit Trump’s course
24 flights to Mar-a-Lago

At his current pace Trump will visit his golf properties about 310 times and if he is re-elected it would 620.

So far Trump’s golf trips have cost at least $105 million

Trump’s trips to his golf courses are very expensive and much more than Obama’s since Trump’s have been more frequent and usually requires Air Force One and all the accompanying security arraignments.

From a combination of an analysis from the HuffPost, the GAO or General Accounting Office, Politico and the Washington Post using costs from both Obama and Trump golf trips the estimated cost of Trump’s visits so far come to a range of $105 to $108 million. When you extrapolate the $105 million estimate to eight years, assuming Trump is re-elected, the total cost is over $340 million.

The GAO report estimated that just four of Trump’s trips to Mar-a-Lago cost:

$13.6 million
Do not “capture all of the total expenditures by the government”
Do not “include certain classified cost information”
$60,000 in expenses paid to Mar-a-Lago (there have been 24 so far)

Were not able to identify meals and incidental expenses, if any, that may have been incurred at the Mar-a-Lago club.

To put $340 million into perspective it is:

106 times Trump’s $400,000 salary over 8 years combined (which he is donating back to the government)
Almost twice the $190 million annual cost for the Peace Corps
$25 million more than the $315 million annual cost for the General Accounting Office
About 10 times the approximately $35 million cost of the Mueller investigation
But in reality Mueller’s team brought in more than it spent due to acquiring enough of Manafort’s assets to more than pay the full cost

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/...n/#3ac93a5e28aa

And once again this week-end he's back at his Mia Largo resort pumping more tax payer dollars into his own business for profit.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
When you start bashing Obama for his excessive vacation spending, then I will care.

Which hotel resorts did Obama make a profit from while vacationing there again?

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Which hotel resorts did Obama make a profit from while vacationing there again?

I think the problem is that people aren't using Trump logic. Since Trump sees himself as "the government", he's not frivolously wasting tax payers' money, he's actually giving money to "the government."

They totally need to spoof are you smarter than a 5th grader on SNL. Are you smarter than a president? Just think how inspirational it could be. If he could become president, what could I do?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Has Spent $115 Million On Golf Trips &#8213; Or 287 Years Of Presidential Salary

Link Copied to Clipboard