Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I hope we all take the time and understand the importance of Thanksgiving. While I'm thankful all of the time for my friends and family, this is that one special day set aside to commemorate just how thankful we all are for everything we've been blessed with.

As I go through the stores and look at the homes of people who have already decorated for Christmas, at times I feel like Thanksgiving had been dismissed, overlooked and at least to some extent been taken for granted. As though the rush for Christmas has overshadowed the important day of thanks.

My hope is all of my Dawtalker family will take full advantage of, and appreciate just what Thanksgiving means. That we all enjoy this special time with family and friends. That we take the time to look around us and realize just how lucky we all truly are. Too often in today's society people think about the things they want, the things they feel would make them happy. But happiness can only be found within yourself.

By taking the time to look around you, hopefully just how blessed you truly are will shine above all else.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving bro

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well said, and Happy Thanksgiving to you all as well.

For me, Thanksgiving isn't about anything other than spending time with those that matter and thinking about all the things we can be thankful for. It's not about turkey or stuffing, or even pilgrims and the indigenous people way back when.

I think that's why I get so grumpy when I see Christmas stuff popping up earlier and earlier. Thanksgiving is a holiday that, relatively speaking, doesn't have a whole lot of baggage come with it. You're not buying gifts and all that... Friendsgiving is now a thing if you can't or don't want to get together with family. It truly is a holiday that is as much or as little as you make it.

Last edited by oobernoober; 11/27/19 01:26 PM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Gobble gobble

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm thankful that I'm an Iron Chef...

Flying from STL to CLE at 11:15pm, home at 12:30am, 18 people at my house tomorrow at 2pm. I cleaned the joint when I was home two weeks ago, hopefully everything goes as planned and the in-laws got everything on my shopping list... Lot of cooking to do!

I'm more thankful than ever for HOME and FAMILY. It's been a rough adjustment this year for my wife and I after being shipped by her job at GM. Almost destructive for a lot of GM employees that had to leave their families behind. A bunch of them banding together to host meals out here in MO for people that can't go home or don't have family close.

Thankful for all of you! This place is my muse and the Browns are my true love. I hope you all have a joyful Thanksgiving and enjoy your family time and loved ones. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

Well stated.

And I pass it on to all.

Legend
Legend
Same to you and yours Pit

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving Dawgs!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Happy Thanksgivng!

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am Thankful to know I don't give Thanks enough. If I wake up in the morning, I have been given another day to rectify the problem.

Thanks to all.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Happy Thanksgiving to you too bro! Happy thanksgiving to everybody!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my brothers and sisters here on Dawgtalkers God Bless smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Happy Thanksgiving to the few that like me here... brownie

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Happy Thanksgiving to the few that like me here... brownie

We all like you bro. Don't mistake political rivalry for ill feelings. I'm thankful for you because you give me an easy target when you like your own posts, every one of them. wink

Happy Thanksgiving! OR Happy Turkey Genocide Day! ~ Since y'all want us to change the name. thumbsup

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/28/19 03:36 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Happy thanksgiving to everyone

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I am Thankful for far to many things to type. But I will list a few.

I'm thankful that God loved me enough to send his son to die so that I may be saved.
I am thankful to be alive.
I'm thankful to love.
I'm thankful to be loved.
Thankful for my family.
Thankful for my friends.
Thankful for y'all on this message board.
Thankful to have a home, heat, air, electric, clean water, food, clothes and access to medical care.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Happy Thanksgiving!

Legend
Legend
If y’all don’t gain 5 pounds by the end of the night, you wasn’t thankful enough!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Happy thanksgiving my US dawgs!

This is one of those times I wish I were American because I want a turkey dinner right now.
Like, NOW.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I think that's why I get so grumpy when I see Christmas stuff popping up earlier and earlier. Thanksgiving is a holiday that, relatively speaking, doesn't have a whole lot of baggage come with it. You're not buying gifts and all that...

Ummmm....of course until 24hrs later when Americans go consumer spend crazy on "Black Friday", buying things they probably don't need thinking that their materialistic purchase is making them happier. Right?

But yeah, Thursday is all about family and being thankful. Clearly for many in the US that doesn't carry over for the entire weekend. Consumerism barely gets a 24hr reprieve.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I think that's why I get so grumpy when I see Christmas stuff popping up earlier and earlier. Thanksgiving is a holiday that, relatively speaking, doesn't have a whole lot of baggage come with it. You're not buying gifts and all that...

Ummmm....of course until 24hrs later when Americans go consumer spend crazy on "Black Friday", buying things they probably don't need thinking that their materialistic purchase is making them happier. Right?

But yeah, Thursday is all about family and being thankful. Clearly for many in the US that doesn't carry over for the entire weekend. Consumerism barely gets a 24hr reprieve.

I agree. Even those among us who have the least have a lot to be thankful for. Unfortunately, even on Thanksgiving Day, there is almost no thankfulness. We eat, watch football, and that's about it. Actually giving thanks is almost completely forgotten.

It's sad that we can't take even one day to truly be thankful for all that we have.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I'm thankful for what I have 24/7 365 smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Roger that and ditto to all the Dawg Talkers! Happy Thanksgiving.

Count your blessings. If you don't feel blessed, count them again until you do. There is still Beauty in the world. Blessings and bounty to all.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... From My Family To yours, Happy Thanksgiving

Link Copied to Clipboard