Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
devicedawg #1703524 12/08/19 02:55 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Where does that leave us? Just one slot up from the Stoolers?

Legend
Legend
Cleveland Browns Pregame Scribbles: The meaning of last four games for Freddie Kitchens
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12...e-kitchens.html

By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer
CLEVELAND – Scribbles in my notebook as the 5-7 Browns prepare to face the 1-11 Cincinnati Bengals at 1 p.m. today at FirstEnergy Stadium:

1. What can the Browns learn from the final four games? OK, what can the Browns’ front office learn from the last four games? The answer is...a lot. They’d love to win the final four games and somehow crawl into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

2. But more importantly, one of the goals for the season was a winning record, after the primary goal of winning the AFC North and making the playoffs. Baltimore owns the division. The playoffs are an extreme long shot. But can Freddie Kitchens put two coaching hands on the wheel and steer the team to a strong finish?

3. My sense is the Browns want Kitchens to give them good reasons to bring him back. They knew some rocky spots were coming with a rookie head coach, especially with a demanding early season schedule. Did they know it would be this difficult? I doubt it.

4. Nonetheless, they have not written off Kitchens. They have a pair of games left with the 1-11 Bengals. Next Sunday, they travel to Phoenix where the Cardinals are 3-8-1 and carry a 5-game losing streak into today’s game with Pittsburgh. Finally, the powerhouse Ravens come to Cleveland.

5. The bottom line is winning. Splitting the final four games and ending up 7-9 has to be considered a significant disappointment, no matter how the Browns try to explain it. Hey, they were 7-8-1 in 2018.

6. But the Browns are looking for some other things from Kitchens. Can he get the offense rolling against some of the NFL’s worst defenses (Arizona, Cincinnati)? Arizona ranks No. 31 in points allowed, Cincinnati is No. 24.

7 While there is so much attention on Odell Beckham Jr. getting the ball, the Browns want to see Kitchens use Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt even more effectively. No team has a backfield like that.

8. Is the team disciplined on the field? They no longer lead the NFL in penalties. They have 99, putting them behind Jacksonville (105), Oakland (104) and Tampa Bay (101). After leading the league in pre-snap penalties early in the season, they are now 10th in the NFL. The Browns want this positive trend to continue.

9. Can the coaching staff keep the attention of the players? Last week’s 20-13 loss in Pittsburgh can be devastating to the team’s morale. They went into the game with confidence and high expectations. A victory would have greatly increased their playoff chances.

10. Instead, the Browns blew a 10-0 second-quarter lead. They were out-hustled and at times physically overwhelmed in the second half in Pittsburgh. How does the team respond today vs. the Bengals?

11. The Browns want more consistency. There have been very few games this season where the offense had much flow. If the Browns can’t use their talented players such as Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry, Hunt, Chubb and Beckham to overpower the Bengals and Arizona, then there are major problems.

12. This is a team that hasn’t had much fun this season, other than the stunning 40-25 victory in Baltimore in Game 4. Even the 21-7 victory over Pittsburgh was blighted by the brawl and the 6-game suspension to Myles Garrett. Four games left, four games to show some progress was made or there are some very hard decision to be made after the season.

13. My pick: Browns win, 26-20. My record picking the Browns is 7-5 this season.

KIND WORDS FOR FREDDIE

I received this email from Bernie Seiler:

"Last spring my son (Ray who lives in Freddie’s suburb) got caught in a heavy rainstorm while walking. He was a good distance from his home with his family. He had a baby in a stroller, a wife, and a large dog.

"As he considered his options, an SUV pulled up. A rather large man rolled down his window and offered assistance. Ray politely declined, but the passerby insisted on helping.

"My son, a Browns’ fan, soon realized it was none other than Freddie Kitchens and his wife. He loaded the stroller and the dog in the backend. He gave a ride to the drenched family and delivered them to the dry safety of their home.

“Say what you want, but Freddie will always be a great guy to us no matter his record.”

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
DaddyDawg #1703541 12/08/19 09:34 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DaddyDawg
We are ginna crush they [censored] Bengals!

I hope you are right! thumbsup

Welcome to the Boards Daddy.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Kitchens will get Bake hurt with his god awful game and lack of adjustment skills.
Hope Im wrong but....

Browns ?
Cinci ?

Legend
Legend
The team that scores the most points. willynilly

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GratefulDawg #1703602 12/08/19 01:33 PM
Legend
Legend

Freddie is on thin ice.

If the this article is accurate I doubt he survives.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2865...have-disconnect

Lose to the Bengals and he will assure his departure.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Bengals 19 Who wins?

Link Copied to Clipboard