Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1703134 12/06/19 02:26 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
U.S.National Pearl Harbor Day of Remembrance 2019 — December 7

A day of infamy, the day Japan attacked the United States at Pearl Harbor, is commemorated with the National Pearl Harbor Day of Remembranceeach year on December 7. On that day in 1941, more than 2,400 people died in Japan’s attack on the Hawaiian base of America’s Pacific Fleet. Hundreds of aircraft were destroyed or damaged, as were most of the ships in the harbor, and thousands of service men and women were killed or injured. It was an unprecedentedsurprise attack that precipitated the United States entry into WW II as we sided with the Allies and declared war on Japan.

Legend
Legend
Proof that we must always remain vigilant when it comes to our enemies.

9-11 is this generations Pearl Harbor.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet the Saudi's are still our friends?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Did you say anything about Saudi's?
I know I didn't.
saywhat

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yet the Saudi's are still our friends?
saywhat

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes I did. The people who committed the atrocity of 9/11 were Saudis.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And the people who attacked Pearl were Japanese.

I think you got lost, Political Forum is that way------------->

O
Legend
Legend
O
Was it really the Japanese? Or was it Ukraine? jk

Yes it was Japan and we know that for sure because back then there was only one set of facts, based in truth, backed by evidence, science, integrity and dignity.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/06/19 05:08 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
And the people who attacked Pearl were Japanese.

I think you got lost, Political Forum is that way------------->

The people that attacked Pearl Harbor were Japanese, yes. Doing so at the direction of their country, Japan. We are currently friends with Japan.

The people that attacked on 9-11 acted on their own behalf. Yes, most were Saudi, but not directed by Saudi Arabia. There's a difference.

Again, we are friends with Japan after their gov't. directed the attack.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Tomorrow is December 7th.

Legend
Legend
An excellent and well written post! thumbsup

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

How about instead of making a day that cost thousands of lives a almost 80 years ago and thousands upon thousands more after the fact seem less relavant so you can get a barb in against someone you don't agree with politically, we keep on topic of the thread.

My grandfather had friends on Pearl when it was attacked. he was later sent overseas to fight in the war and received a purple heart after his boat was sunk by a Uboat and he took shrapnel to the face and bleed into the water for 8 hours before being rescued.

He saw a documentary about it 40 years later my dad said, and he instantly had a panic attack and had to be taken to the hospital. He even wet himself he was so terrified of reliving that experience when he saw it on TV.

I had a history teacher once say, wars would never and will never be fought like that again.

Legend
Legend
The past is slipping away; IMO, it’s important to remember and pass along events like this so we can honor and remember and learn

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
It's sad, but George W Bush, in an interview after his term, said that one day 9-11 would be just another day to many people, just like Dec 7 is today.

He was right. It is one of our strengths that we are able to forget and more beyond tragedy, but it is also a bit of a weakness, in that we tend to forget what happened, and we forget the lessons of history.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Well said

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Franklin D Roosevelt - Dec. 8, 1941 "Day of Infamy" Speech (Full Speech)... link

The complete speech delivered by FDR on Decemeber 8, 1941 to a joint session of Congress, asking for a declaration of war against Japan after the Pearl Harbor attack.

From wiki... Infamy speech... link
The Infamy Speech was a speech delivered by United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt to a Joint Session of the U.S. Congress on December 8, 1941, one day after the Empire of Japan's attack on the U.S. naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, and the Japanese declaration of war on the United States and the British Empire.[1][2][3][4][5] The name derives from the first line of the speech: Roosevelt describing the previous day as "a date which will live in infamy". The speech is also commonly referred to as the "Pearl Harbor Speech".[6]

Within an hour of the speech, Congress passed a formal declaration of war against Japan and officially brought the U.S. into World War II. The address is one of the most famous of all American political speeches.[7]

Last edited by mac; 12/07/19 08:16 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
9-11 is this generations Pearl Harbor.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

My grandfather had friends on Pearl when it was attacked. he was later sent overseas to fight in the war and received a purple heart after his boat was sunk by a Uboat and he took shrapnel to the face and bleed into the water for 8 hours before being rescued.

My grandfather's younger brother "Uncle Louie" was at Pearl when it was hit. With the chaos and communication wiped out they didn't know if he was alive for weeks.

Same grandfathers older sisters(aunt Lucy) son Johnny was shot down over the pacific. Never seen/heard from again.

Grandmothers(same side of fam) brother George killed in the Ardennes Forest/Battle of the Buldge.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: TTTDawg
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

My grandfather's younger brother "Uncle Louie" was at Pearl when it was hit. With the chaos and communication wiped out they didn't know if he was alive for weeks.

Same grandfathers older sisters(aunt Lucy) son Johnny was shot down over the pacific. Never seen/heard from again.

Grandmothers(same side of fam) brother George killed in the Ardennes Forest/Battle of the Buldge.

Wow. Thank you for sharing your families story (and heartache).

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My Dad was in the Marines in #2 .. I ask him once when I was young , if ever saw action .. he said yep , almost every night. I left it go at that ..

A few years latter the topic game up at a family gathering that included a bunch of WW2 Vets .. Story's were flowing along with the beer. Long story short ; My dad went through boot and ended up in an MP's ( Military Police ) outfit shipping for the Pacific Theater of operations.

Dads company got off the ship in Hawaii and were assigned to the Honolulu garrison. He spent the rest of the War breaking up fights on Hotel street.. lol ----- That's how he saw action every night !

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
My Dad was in the Marines in #2 .. I ask him once when I was young , if ever saw action .. he said yep , almost every night. I left it go at that ..

A few years latter the topic game up at a family gathering that included a bunch of WW2 Vets .. Story's were flowing along with the beer. Long story short ; My dad went through boot and ended up in an MP's ( Military Police ) outfit shipping for the Pacific Theater of operations.

Dads company got off the ship in Hawaii and were assigned to the Honolulu garrison. He spent the rest of the War breaking up fights on Hotel street.. lol ----- That's how he saw action every night !
That, or he was a real ladies man.

P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
you must have heard about my Dad ! lol

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... December 7 Pearl Harbor

Link Copied to Clipboard