Print Thread
#1705240 12/10/19 09:39 AM
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
https://collider.com/ghostbusters-2020-trailer-afterlife-paul-rudd/

Soooo, I am not sure how to take this. I think the preview looks decent, and I like the fact that Harold Ramis is involved as they want to tribute him after his death, but....I just don't see how you can build a team of Ghostbusters out of teenagers and Paul Rudd.

And after the last Money grab of a disgrace they put out, I am cautiously optimistic about this. Some things you just cannot replicate, and I think Ghostbusters was a perfect mash of actors, writing, directing, and special effects that you just cannot recreate. It was that lightening in the bottle that just took a generation by storm.

We will see... any thoughts?

M
Legend
Legend
M
The original Ghostbusters was great. Loved the cereal as a young kid in the 80s.

This one should be enough to be entertaining. I'm not expecting much. We'll take our kids.

I don't think it will have the subtle humor the original had.

One of my favorite lines is when Louis (Rick Moranis) is hosting the party at his apartment:

Louis: Ted! Annette! I'm glad you could come, how you doin', give me your coats. Everybody, this is Ted and Annette Fleming! Ted has a small carpet cleaning business in receivership; Annette's drawing a salary from a deferred bonus from two years ago! They got fifteen thousand left on the house at eight percent.

T
Legend
Legend
T
That is so funny, and classic, that someone would remember that, that is a great line,

only from my memory, I also remember a line he had about how Dana's Tv was up real loud, so he turned his TV up real loud also, so people would just think there is something wrong with the Tv's.

" Who brought the dog?"

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
That is so funny, and classic, that someone would remember that, that is a great line,

only from my memory, I also remember a line he had about how Dana's Tv was up real loud, so he turned his TV up real loud also, so people would just think there is something wrong with the Tv's.

" Who brought the dog?"

He’s such an underrated character in those movies

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just want to see if they have a joke about Spangler collecting mold, spores, and fungus.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
I just want to see if they have a joke about Spangler collecting mold, spores, and fungus.
In the preview they literally show his collection.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Link Copied to Clipboard