Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My Social Security number. They are both very nice about it though .... because I have received 8 or 9 voicemails saying that this was the final time they would contact me regarding this matter. crazy

rofl
rofl
rofl
rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've had a couple of those phone calls too. Those nigerian prince's sure are creative. I always trust the broken english voice delivering official government news via my unlisted unpublished line that never gets used for business of any kind.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I had a bad problem with robocalls for the longest time. I blocked so many of them that my phone said I have reached the limit and cant block anyone else.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I had a bad problem with robocalls for the longest time. I blocked so many of them that my phone said I have reached the limit and cant block anyone else.

Stupid cell phone companies allow you to block a limited amount of numbers or whitelist a limited amount of numbers while blocking all others; both use cases are completely inadequate for most people.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
if they suspend your SS #, how will you ever be able to finally get that extended warranty for your car?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I "like" the one about my visa/mastercard/american express/every other credit/debit card company I've ever heard of account having issues. Pick one and maybe you'll get lucky. I'd probably still hang up without hearing the whole pitch, but once you name more than one, you're done.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
if they suspend your SS #, how will you ever be able to finally get that extended warranty for your car?

More importantly, how will I claim that $50 million in funds from Nigeria without a Social Security number?

Plus, if I lose my SS#, I'll probably lose my credit cards, and then I won't be able to pay Microsoft. My computer called them just last week.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I got one saying that I'm both guilty of tax fraud AND tax evasion and I need to call right away! Whatever am I doing with all those millions I'm holding back?! I never realized I was so rotten!...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
I got one saying that I'm both guilty of tax fraud AND tax evasion and I need to call right away! Whatever am I doing with all those millions I'm holding back?! I never realized I was so rotten!...

Don't worry. Just give them your credit card number and everything will be fine. They'll take it from there.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

Don't worry. Just give them your credit card number and everything will be fine. They'll take it from there.

Act now and get a free Bob Ross Chia Pet

Just pay separate S&H.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I need a new SS number anyway mine 000-00-0001 is to easy to figure out.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
These are tragically hysterical. We are getting a rash of these about our utilities, even though we don't have gas, do have a well, and electricity. If they know so much bad stuff, then why do I need my bill in hand to call them back?

Not sure who I trust more, the scammers or the FCC who promised help was on the way. LOL

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
A
Legend
Legend
A
I get calls about every 6 months from some 'company' that can save me a lot of money on our natural gas bill.

When I explain to them that not only do we not have natural gas for heat, or anything, there isn't even a natural gas line going down our road, they switch to "well, can save you money on your electric bill."

I live in the country. Got a notice from some company that actually IS replacing water meters for all the people that have city/town water. They called to set up an appointment. I explained that I don't have a water meter. I don't have town water. I have a well. I was informed I would need to let them come check.

Okay. You can come and look. Tell me when. I'll be there to show you our well, and I'll give you $100 if you can find a water meter.

I've gotten calls saying the IRS is suing me, but if I call some number, I can just pay over the phone.

Some people get taken in I guess.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ha, I saw this thread and then got the calls today. Same exact calls.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Oh No! Both The IRS And DEA Are Suspending .....

Link Copied to Clipboard