Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Are we missing Callaway's production? Our AirIt O is just puzzling. Don'tlike it much.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
We still don't have a fullback on the team.

Yes we do...

I haven't seen us line up in two back sets or I formation very much though. That's a huge disappointment to me.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lets see; We don't have a real fullback , don't have a capable blocking TE , and lack of talent at tackle . yet Chubby and Hunt get er done ! Just think if we had a GM to fix the above and a Coach who knew how to utilize them all together ? Dangerous !

Told my son when Dorsey was hired to my some mood leveling meds .... He will have you dancing a jig one week and then keep you curled up in the fetal position the next !

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Lets see; We don't have a real fullback , don't have a capable blocking TE , and lack of talent at tackle . yet Chubby and Hunt get er done ! Just think if we had a GM to fix the above and a Coach who knew how to utilize them all together ? Dangerous !

Chubb will get over 1,500 yards I'm sure, with probably over 300 carries. We may not have a Lamar-like QB, but some SERIOUS off-season planning can make Chubb-Hunt a monster. It would HAVE to have a dramatic effect on the passing game as well. Freddie will get a second year imho, and I pray he will reflect on this and do some smart planning...PLEASE.

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
I agree with waterdog.
We have 2 power backs but have a finess offense. No fullback, no good blocking TEs and an oline that struggles in short yardage run blocking. It is amazing the production Chubb has accomplished in this offense.
We should be using more play action pass plays to take advantage of having the threat of Chubb and Hunt but we are in empty backfield. When we do use PA passes Baker's fakes are terrible.
It is clear to me that Freddie wants to pass, pass, pass.
I really think Baker could be way more efficient in an offense that does't require him to throw so much. In time with experience he should be better at making smart decisions but we need to do what is best for the team.
When this season is over I would decide if Freddie and the players are willing to put whats best for the team ahead of any personal goals. I would then get rid of anyone not totally on board with this.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For dawg's old enough to remember think a " Lindy Infante " play book with a few new match-up pass routes

Legend
Legend
I think we need to work the backup in. Baker is going to shortest route, missing some deeper and often open folks on the outside. The overthrows aren't rare or close. Has he been told to force the ball to OBJ? Landry looked unglued going after Kitchens today, and BM was disgusted. Nobody needs to sit through tape to"discover" the problem. Just amazing how slow we are to get the next play. Only good I saw today was Chubb and the size of Landry's heart.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Offensive Scheme PT 2

Link Copied to Clipboard