Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pdawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb and wide receiver Jarvis Landry have been voted to the 2020 Pro Bowl. Chubb was selected as a starter for the team.

In addition, offensive guard Joel Bitonio (first), linebacker Joe Schobert (second), cornerback Denzel Ward (fourth) and wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. (fifth) were named as alternates.

Chubb, a second-round pick in 2018, is leading the NFL in rushing yards with 1,408. His rushing total is the most by a Brown since Jim Brown in 1965 and currently ranks tied for the fifth most in team history. Chubb has recorded at least 75 scrimmage yards in all 14 games this season, the longest active streak in the NFL and the longest such streak by a Brown in team history. He has added eight rushing touchdowns and seven 100-yard rushing games this season. Chubb is the first Browns running back named to the Pro Bowl since Kevin Mack in 1988.

"I am proud to be able to represent the Cleveland Browns at the Pro Bowl," said Chubb. "This is the result of a lot of hard work and I want to thank my teammates and the fans for their support. Everybody played a part in this - our line, tight ends, the whole offense, it's not just me. I am truly honored by this, but I would trade this and any individual award for team success."

Landry has been selected to his fifth consecutive Pro Bowl. He leads the Browns in receptions (74), receiving yards (1,018), and receiving touchdowns (five). He is the first Brown to eclipse the 1,000-yard receiving mark since Terrelle Pryor in 2015. Landry's 1,018 receiving yards this season are the most by a Brown since Josh Gordon (1,646) in 2013 and ranks 10th in team history. Landry has recorded at least two receptions in 93 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the NFL and the sixth longest in NFL history. Landry was a second round pick by Miami in 2014 and was traded to the Browns for a 2018 fourth round pick and a 2019 seventh round pick on March 14, 2018. Landry is the first Browns wide receiver to be selected to the Pro Bowl in consecutive years since Paul Warfield in 1969-70.

"The Pro Bowl is a tremendous honor, and even though this seems like an individual award, it wouldn't have been made possible without the support and efforts of my team," said Landry. "I'm incredibly grateful to be returning for a fifth time and to represent the hard work and dedication we put in as Cleveland Browns this season. Like I said last year, it's going to be very special for me to wear the orange helmet."

The 2020 Pro Bowl, which kicks off at 3 p.m., will take place on Sunday, Jan. 26, and will be televised live from Camping World Stadium in Orlando on ESPN, ESPN Deportes and simulcast on ABC and Disney XD.

ClevelandBrowns.com

Last edited by Pdawg; 12/17/19 09:12 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sooner than later Super Bowls would be more enjoyable than Individual Bowls..

Legend
Legend
congrats to landry and chubb! should've had about 6-7 shoe ins had things gone the way it was suppose to, but atleast the two hardest working guys on offense got in.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Woulda been 3 with Myles.

Surprised Schobert didn't get in too.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"I am truly honored by this, but I would trade this and any individual award for team success."

He is easily one of the most humble men in the game. I was thinking about how this last game had two truly great individuals in the game, Chubb and Fitzgerald.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Congrats to both, they earned it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
With so many named alternates, we should get more players in the game once it is known who is in the Super Bowl.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shocked schobert didnt make it

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Pouncey making it over Tretter is a joke.

M
Legend
Legend
M
H/T to Chubb and Ladry. True professionals.

Schobert should get voted in as well. Bitonio as well.

Scottish Hammer?

Legend
Legend
Well deserved by both. I agree that Bitonio and Schobert should be in as well.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Good for them! Congrats gentlemen.

No Craps Given
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
"I am truly honored by this, but I would trade this and any individual award for team success."

He is easily one of the most humble men in the game. I was thinking about how this last game had two truly great individuals in the game, Chubb and Fitzgerald.

This means he would probably trade teams also, since its hard to see any team success in here.

Legend
Legend
I fully expect OBJ to become passive aggressive as heck about this lol ... but that’s well deserved (Chubb was the most obvious, but Landry had a heck of a stretch too)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Exactly as it should be....Congrats guys

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Congrats to Chubb & Landry. Both having good seasons.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Roger that and a big ditto. Not a bunch to cheer about this season, especially considering the downsizing of our scoring and miserable tackling.

These guys deserve it this year in light of how horribly we played. Enjoy it all. Thanks for your success in spite of this debacle. rolleyesdevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wanted Schobert in.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Congratulations to Chubb and Landry but I am surprised Schobert didn't make it ...

Last edited by PastorMarc; 12/18/19 12:19 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Woulda been 3 with Myles.

Surprised Schobert didn't get in too.

Schobert May have if Myles had been playing. Myles collapsing pockets, making better rushing lanes up the middle for linebackers, and forcing throws. Rushed throws that Schobert would have had more opportunities to get his hands on. Rushing lanes that Schobert would have exploited for more sack and TFL opportunities.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
That got me thinking.... just how many games did we play without our starting CBs, or our entire starting secondary, or half our starting DLine?

Also, given how many games Ward missed, I'm surprised he even got the nod as a fourth alternate.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Given how bad Ward is I'm suprised he got the nod..scraping the barrel for AFC

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Here is what Landry had to say about making the Pro Bowl:

“The Pro Bowl is a tremendous honor, and even though this seems like an individual award, it wouldn’t have been made possible without the support and efforts of my team,” said Landry in a prepared statement. “I’m incredibly grateful to be returning for a fifth time and to represent the hard work and dedication we put in as Cleveland Browns this season. Like I said last year, it’s going to be very special for me to wear the orange helmet.”

Nick Chubb and Jarvis Landry named to 2020 Pro Bowl
https://www.cleveland19.com/2019/12/18/nick-chubb-jarvis-landry-named-pro-bowl/

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It sounds as if Landry would be a good player to give some of his team mates lessons in addressing the press and public comments.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It sounds as if Landry would be a good player to give some of his team mates lessons in addressing the press and public comments.

Naaaa ... he’s OVERPAID according to some .... rofl ....

I wish we had MORE OVERPAID guys if thats the case ....

Dudes been in 5 straight pro bowls ... first dude to ever do that and be OVERPAID ...

He’s OVERPAID cause analytics says so .... rofl ...

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Landry and Chubb named to the Pro Bowl

Link Copied to Clipboard