Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Rishuz #1708943 12/20/19 12:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: Swish
It’s really odd how some if y’all want players injured.

Really odd. Say what you want about me being a huge fan of Lamar, but atleast I don’t go around wishing for injuries. Far more disgusting than simply like a player from a rival team.

I don’t wish injury, per say. But if a pterodactyl flew down and scooped him up and flew off, I’d cheer. If he woke up without a leg, I’d not shed a tear. If his arms stopped working, I’d root for him to have great caregivers to feed him. If he decided to walk away from the game completely, my life would be happier. If Joey Bosa folded him backwards, I’d feel bad for a brief second... oh wait, I said I won’t wish for an injury... I guess I lied. He’s the enemy. If he was traded to the Dolphins... I might wish him well. Until then, nothing but disgust for him and the team he suits up for.

What if we just found guys who could out coach and out play them?

That would be pretty cool.

How many have done that? I count Andy Reid and the Chiefs ..... and Freddie Kitchens and the Browns.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Rishuz #1708961 12/20/19 12:47 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
It’s really odd how some if y’all want players injured.

Really odd. Say what you want about me being a huge fan of Lamar, but atleast I don’t go around wishing for injuries. Far more disgusting than simply like a player from a rival team.

I don’t wish injury, per say. But if a pterodactyl flew down and scooped him up and flew off, I’d cheer. If he woke up without a leg, I’d not shed a tear. If his arms stopped working, I’d root for him to have great caregivers to feed him. If he decided to walk away from the game completely, my life would be happier. If Joey Bosa folded him backwards, I’d feel bad for a brief second... oh wait, I said I won’t wish for an injury... I guess I lied. He’s the enemy. If he was traded to the Dolphins... I might wish him well. Until then, nothing but disgust for him and the team he suits up for.

What if we just found guys who could out coach and out play them?

That would be pretty cool.

It would be cool. It also wouldn’t effect how I feel about enemy opponents. I want all their draft picks to be busts. Lamar is just another in the list of enemy draft picks I want to fail.
I’m a diehard Buckeye fan. When the likes of Shazier, Santonio Holmes, Cameron Heywood were drafted by the black and yellow it sickened me. Beloved Buckeyes became the enemy. Dead to me. One day I cheered for their success. Overnight I rooted for their downfall. No second thought about it.
Its Orange and Brown or nothing.

[Linked Image]
oobernoober #1708974 12/20/19 01:24 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Haus
Why do you love Lamar so much?

I'll answer, since I haven't gone into the detail that swish has in the past.

I respect Lamar and appreciate what he's doing. I don't 'love' him, but I'm sure you're using hyperbole. He appears to be doing everything the right way. He heard, from before he was drafted until now (and it hasn't stopped), how he's going to fail in the NFL, he can't do this/that... and went to work and is proving people wrong in pretty spectacular fashion. Honestly, how people can't at least respect that is beyond me. I'm fine with him doing well, as it appears well-deserved and earned, and makes for a real positive story in a sea of doodoo (present day NFL).

In my perfect world, he'd score a gajillion points a game, every game, except for 2 times a year. In those 2 games he'd get sacked/picked each dropback.
I respect the work he has done, and what he has accomplished so far. But that doesn't mean I still don't want him to fail miserably as a player and become the worst QB to ever have been drafted.

Hes the enemy. I can respect him, and hope he fails at the same time.

But the love affair and wishing him to do well and play well, is...odd.

Maybe some should just root for players and not a team.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

It’s a fantasy football world we’re living in I guess. My disdain for certain teams keeps me from finding any interest in it. I’m a Browns fan only.

There are certain teams that I feel ambivalent about... the Dolphins, the Cardinals... as an example.
There are certain teams I kinda root for when they play... the Packers, the Saints...
There are a few teams I actively root against... the Cowboys, the Patriots...
But there are two teams I wish nothing but the absolute worst for... the Steelers and the Ravens.

[Linked Image]
Swish #1708982 12/20/19 02:14 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ravens have to prove first meeting was a pure fluke. I however don't. I think it was our real team and whatever we became and for whatever reason occurred later.

I believe they'll put the Browns to shame.
Harbaugh will have them jacked!

1oldMutt #1708994 12/20/19 02:33 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I hope Lamar Jackson's career goes south and he is a failure. I hate him so because he's a Raven. This is what all Browns fans should be saying.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

It’s a fantasy football world we’re living in I guess. My disdain for certain teams keeps me from finding any interest in it. I’m a Browns fan only.

There are certain teams that I feel ambivalent about... the Dolphins, the Cardinals... as an example.
There are certain teams I kinda root for when they play... the Packers, the Saints...
But there are two teams I wish nothing but the absolute worst for... the Steelers and the Ravens.
See, I can watch any football game on the tube. But I legitimately have 0 rooting interest unless it effects the browns in someway, positively.

I place a few bets this year for about 2-3 weeks for the first time in my life, and I had to stop, because I couldn't STAND rooting for another team.

I think I bet the Seahawks/Vikings game and I hated it. Couldn't stand rooting for the hawks to win lol

O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

I think the big difference between you and I is that I really started following football (and therefore, the Browns) AFTER the team had already come back. Honestly, I didn't really get passionate until I moved away from Cleveland in 2007.

Not having gone through The Move, I think, significantly affects my outlook on Baltimore. Now that Ray Lewis is gone, I don't have anywhere near the hatred of them as I do the Steelers.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dave #1709020 12/20/19 03:58 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Sorry, I don't see the equivalence between my so-called career trying to grind through a 50 hour work week with a dumbass boss and the athletes we ask to do their best for 3 hours a week on Sunday, 16 Sundays a year, in exchange for millions. Proportion matters.

You have a dumbass boss, they think they have a dumbass boss..

You grind out 50 hours a week, they grind out 60-70 hours a week..

You wake up everyday feeling as good as you can, they wake up a lot of days feeling like they got hit by a truck..

I don't know what you do but you probably don't get graded in front of a national audience every week, they get graded every week in front of a national audience..

You don't have thousands of people telling you that you suck and asking why you suck, they have thousands of people telling them they suck and asking them why they suck..

You, and others, keep throwing in that they make millions.. that's completely irrelevant. It doesn't do squat to change human nature. People don't work harder because they make more money, they make more money because they worked harder

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1709021 12/20/19 04:02 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
You, and others, keep throwing in that they make millions.. that's completely irrelevant. It doesn't do squat to change human nature. People don't work harder because they make more money, they make more money because they worked harder
ehhhhh to an extent, maybe.

But I know for a fact, I work harder at my current position than I did at my last, as I receive more compensation for it. I slacked at my last job, then left for a better job and more pay. I don't slack nearly as much now smile

Swish #1709027 12/20/19 04:41 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I think the difference in how our fan base approach the NFL boils down to pretty much a single issue. I never root for any team in our division. I certainly do not wish them success.

But as I stated earlier, I'm a "Browns fan first". However, I'm also an NFL fan. A fan of the sport. As such I appreciate the skills of other players, other teams and actually watch a lot of other games with enthusiasm.

If you're "only a Browns fan" I can see where that may be harder to do. But many players in this league have elite skills and elite talent. Coaches and the way teams are built is sometimes a work to behold.

After reading some of the posts on this board it makes me very happy to be not only a Browns fan first, but an NFL fan as well. I would find it disturbing to realize how much great football I would have missed the other way around. How many great players I would have missed the opportunity to have witnessed playing the game.

I certainly do not begrudge anyone their own way of being a fan. To each their own I say. But for me I wouldn't have missed many of the things I've witnessed from watching teams from around the league over the past fifty plus years for almost anything.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
there's also the "making millions" part. Most don't make much, and the overwhelming majority don't stay in the league long enough to get a second contract.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1709031 12/20/19 04:49 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Quote:

I think the big difference between you and I is that I really started following football (and therefore, the Browns) AFTER the team had already come back. Honestly, I didn't really get passionate until I moved away from Cleveland in 2007.

Not having gone through The Move, I think, significantly affects my outlook on Baltimore. Now that Ray Lewis is gone, I don't have anywhere near the hatred of them as I do the Steelers.

I was recently in Baltimore supporting my art. We drove past the stadium and I saw the Ray (accomplice to murder) Lewis statue. I felt an internal disgust. It was visceral. No thought at all, just deep internal disgust.
That said, I really liked the city. All around I had a great time and really think it’s a cool town.... except for the stupid ravens flags hanging everywhere. Eyesores. The people were super friendly and inviting. I met the mayor. Nice guy. I did get in a verbal sparring match with a reporter I talked with one morning. We, my artist buddy and I, were being interviewed for a morning show. Before the camera rolled the reporter (wearing a ravens hat) and I got in a friendly but heated conversation about his team, my team, and the move. He eventually conceded that Baltimore did steal our team. I counted that as a win. He also said off camera that his team was going to lose to the Patriots that weekend. Sadly he was wrong.
Screw the Ravens... even if the city and it’s people are cool.

[Linked Image]
PitDAWG #1709035 12/20/19 04:59 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I think the difference in how our fan base approach the NFL boils down to pretty much a single issue. I never root for any team in our division. I certainly do not wish them success.

But as I stated earlier, I'm a "Browns fan first". However, I'm also an NFL fan. A fan of the sport. As such I appreciate the skills of other players, other teams and actually watch a lot of other games with enthusiasm.

If you're "only a Browns fan" I can see where that may be harder to do. But many players in this league have elite skills and elite talent. Coaches and the way teams are built is sometimes a work to behold.

After reading some of the posts on this board it makes me very happy to be not only a Browns fan first, but an NFL fan as well. I would find it disturbing to realize how much great football I would have missed the other way around. How many great players I would have missed the opportunity to have witnessed playing the game.

I certainly do not begrudge anyone their own way of being a fan. To each their own I say. But for me I wouldn't have missed many of the things I've witnessed from watching teams from around the league over the past fifty plus years for almost anything.

I too watch a lot of football. Having the Season Ticket allows me to pick and choose. As I said, I kinda root for a few teams, kinda. I like watching Aaron Rogers play. I think Russell Wilson is a talent and a nice guy by all accounts. There’s a lot of talent around the league for sure. I just find a lot of it is bogged down on uninteresting teams. ie I find watching Carolina play football to be tedious. Despite how talented McCaffrey is. There’s other examples around the league.
End of the day, and most importantly... screw the Steelers and ravens, dry.

[Linked Image]
PitDAWG #1709038 12/20/19 05:01 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I watch other games, I just don't root or really care who wins. If its a good game great, I enjoy - but the outcome is what it is. Just a game the browns didn't play in.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If I honestly felt that way I don't think I'd even bother watching other games.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1709042 12/20/19 05:15 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
If I honestly felt that way I don't think I'd even bother watching other games.
To each their own.

Honestly, Im on the other side of the spectrum, I don't understand how anyone can root for another team. Well, let me correct that.

*If a team is playing Pitts, Balt, or Cincy - I want them to win. I will root for them. So that's not entirely true that I don't care smile

But if say the Jags are playing the Colts, or The Packers are playing the Bears, ehhh. I could care less the outcome - I just want to see a good football game. But I am not going to be happy if the Pack scores, or if the Jags win. It is what it is to me.

I tried to bet a few games this year (not really a big gambler to begin with), but I stopped because I couldn't root even for the team I was betting on lol. Just couldn't get into it. But I still enjoy watching it and appreciate the game. Maybe I am weird smile

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not weird. People just see things differently. I like Kansas City quite a bit. Otherwise I just find certain teams interesting to watch. I also like to watch players outside our division with elite skills.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Kind of a corollary to what you said. I like certain blue collar teams: us , the Pitts, the Cheesehedz, and when we had our team taken, they are the only ones I might bother to watch. Liked their game and the loyalty of the fan base. But man, we have some folks expecting fans to always be there endlessly, no matter how we get kicked around by owners.

I love watching hard football; I always despise watching lousy football.

Ravenkiller got us one; hoping for two! naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Swish #1709070 12/20/19 08:47 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In another thread, after I gave up on watching the AZ game (just could not take any more uninspired defense, and yet another nice drive end with a pick in the end zone on a piss poor throw) I predicted that Freddie would suffer his worst loss as a head coach this weekend. And then we would lose to Cincy because this team has no heart.

That was posted in the heat of an embarrassing loss, to a team we should have been able to beat.

Several days have gone by since then. I am sticking with my prediction.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Swish #1709085 12/20/19 10:35 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I remember watching us play the squealers and bubby brister was their qb. His mom was in the stands. Heavily made up with a LOT of mascara. The cameras were ON her.

The Browns were kicking his ass mercilessly and sacking him HARD and each time the cameras were panning across her crying face and the tears rolling down her cheeks.

One of my best days I've ever had.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
SaintDawg #1709098 12/21/19 04:05 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
I remember watching us play the squealers and bubby brister was their qb. His mom was in the stands. Heavily made up with a LOT of mascara. The cameras were ON her.

The Browns were kicking his ass mercilessly and sacking him HARD and each time the cameras were panning across her crying face and the tears rolling down her cheeks.

One of my best days I've ever had.

My wife was a little mad at me because I wasn’t all that upset about Myles smashing Rudolph. She didn’t grow up with the Rivalry and just couldn’t understand that level of hatred. I told her there’s a reason why they always show Turkey Joe piledriving Bradshaw. When I showed her the article about Browns fans sending Rudolph bags of edible male genitalia I told her it was only the beginning.

The we botched the second game. Good grief.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H

Legend
Legend
Turkey Jones did not pile-drive Bradshaw. He simply noticed his helmet was loose and tried to help him put it back on.

Turkey Jones was a benevolent and giving player.

#GMSTRONG
Haus #1709110 12/21/19 10:38 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Shoutout to the artist. That looks really good!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1709111 12/21/19 10:38 AM
Legend
Legend
I'm not looking forward to this game.. not even a little.

We've dropped, the Ravens have come up... they are playing with Heart and Imagination and Pride...

We simply are falling flat.

No, I'm not excited by this game..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #1709114 12/21/19 11:19 AM
Legend
Legend
What's the worst that can happen? If we get pounded into the ground, how will we be different from 4 of their last 6 games, where they hung 40+ on those opponents? (and in their 7th most recent game they hung 37 on the Pats)

We have won 2 of our last 3 against the Rats. Who knows? Maybe we manage to win 3-4. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Swish #1709192 12/21/19 06:22 PM
Legend
Legend
Do we...

Yes we do!

I picture Baker coming to life and burning it!
The running game explodes!

I picture winning this game 73-70 as Baker completes the final touchdown pass to OBJ, who is foolin' for the cameras in the end zone when the ball sticks in his facemask.

Yes. Sweet Victory

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Do we...

Yes we do!

I picture Baker coming to life and burning it!
The running game explodes!

I picture winning this game 73-70 as Baker completes the final touchdown pass to OBJ, who is foolin' for the cameras in the end zone when the ball sticks in his facemask.

Yes. Sweet Victory

Tis the season to be jolly.

Just consider cutting back on the holiday cheer and certainly don't drive.

#GMSTRONG
Swish #1709200 12/21/19 07:57 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
At this point tomorrow's game is really about pride. We can get in their way of home field advantage, we can advance to 4-1 in the division AND we can be the only team in the NFL who beat the Ravens not once, but twice.

I guess this is our Super Bowl.

Swish #1709264 12/22/19 11:22 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
For the last couple weeks, I can’t even watch pregame shows anymore, which always got me hyped up for nfl sunday overall. Don’t want to see these guys wrecking our team in segments over and over. Now it’s just me turning on the game at 1 and hoping for the best. Sigh....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1709267 12/22/19 11:38 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
For the last couple weeks, I can’t even watch pregame shows anymore, which always got me hyped up for nfl sunday overall. Don’t want to see these guys wrecking our team in segments over and over. Now it’s just me turning on the game at 1 and hoping for the best. Sigh....

I haven't watched pre games, post games, youtube, pressers, etc. in about 6 weeks for the same reason. I used to kill youtube after a Browns win. I can't bring myself to do any of it anymore.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 15 Ravens 31 Do We.....

Link Copied to Clipboard