Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Run Chubb until he has 300 yards.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Talk about a statement game....

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Don’t care because Kitchens will screw the pooch and choke. And at the end of the day, one Ohio team will just get a better 2020 draft slot.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
edit/deleted

Last edited by Haus; 12/27/19 10:55 AM.
Legend
Legend
Purp, you remain the master of understatement! thumbsup

When FK throws a bunch, we usually lose. So if he runs almost all day, our odds of winning improve barring fumbles. Harder to take plays off this way.

About gagged when I read FK was calling it all the way for plays on Sunday. Just felt that was best; I gagged meself and wondered out loud, "Based on what?" Just lousy offense ; maybe we let them hang around and our D loses it in the fourth. Hope I am wrong, but this O has lagged all year.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Throw enough to get OBJ his 1,000 (hopefully that is just one toss to start the game)... then Kitchens should turn into Paul Brown and just run it down their throats play after play after play after play.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree, the sad thing is we’ve said this for about 12 weeks now ... and we don’t follow it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Considering what we saw last week, I think our opponents have figured out the little held secret that if you concentrate on stopping our run game and force Baker to best you with his arm, it's an easy W.

The Ravens held Chubb to 45 yards on 15 carries. Now I understand that the Bengals aren't the Ravens. But I'm pretty certain the strategy will be the same.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Ravens have beat every team they have played this season ... except us and the Chiefs.

Their defense got progressively better as the year went on. They are 4th in total defense, 3rd in scoring defense, 7th in pass defense, and 4th in rush defense.

The Bengals are nowhere near the Ravens. They allow the most rushing yards in the NFL, 12th most pass yards, and allow the 8th most points/game.

There's no comparison between the 2 defenses. They are barely in the same solar system.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You said an interesting statement: “got progressively better as the year went on”

That’s something that is just a sign of good coaching/bad coaching. IMO, we are NO better than we were early in the year. In fact, we’re worse than we were last year at this time. Way worse.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
You said an interesting statement: “got progressively better as the year went on”

That’s something that is just a sign of good coaching/bad coaching. IMO, we are NO better than we were early in the year. In fact, we’re worse than we were last year at this time. Way worse.

The most progressive we got was, insurance.

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just to review my post YTown.....

Quote:
Now I understand that the Bengals aren't the Ravens. But I'm pretty certain the strategy will be the same.

I stand behind this. Nowhere did I say they can stop our run. I said that will be their strategy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Tulsa #1711274 12/27/19 03:37 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

The most progressive we got was, insurance COMMERCIALS

Fixed it for ya. And I hope that we NEVER see another freaking commercial with Baker Mayfield in it. EVER. Hit the weight room, hit the books, hit the film study. That is what Baker needs to do. Geezus.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
The Ravens have beat every team they have played this season ... except us and the Chiefs.

Their defense got progressively better as the year went on. They are 4th in total defense, 3rd in scoring defense, 7th in pass defense, and 4th in rush defense.

The Bengals are nowhere near the Ravens. They allow the most rushing yards in the NFL, 12th most pass yards, and allow the 8th most points/game.

There's no comparison between the 2 defenses. They are barely in the same solar system.

Which is EXACTLY why dumbass will come out throwing (and thereby sealing his fate). What a wasted season this was. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Throw enough to get OBJ his 1,000 (hopefully that is just one toss to start the game)... then Kitchens should turn into Paul Brown and just run it down their throats play after play after play after play.

Turn into Paul Brown ... nah .. Turn into Woody Hayes. "Only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball, and 2 of them are bad."

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
L
Legend
Legend
L
Win the game, get Chubb his rushing title.

Two straight seasons avoiding double-digit losses!!!!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Win the game, get Chubb his rushing title.

Two straight seasons avoiding double-digit losses!!!!

Gotta start somewhere. smile

Tulsa #1711362 12/27/19 10:42 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The most progressive we got was, insurance.

Flo for HC.
Jamey for OC.

thumbsup

"Make it so, Number One..."

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Heck, run Chubb 300 times. thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Have we ever finished a seson with a winning record in the AFC North?

I don't think so, if not that's the only reason I care about winning this game. It's something to build on.

Legend
Legend
3-2-1 last year

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Crush the Bungles!

Run Chubb 100 times!

Heck, run Chubb 300 times. thumbsup

May have to. The forecast is for rain,,,rain...rain. Chubb vs Mixon - most yards wins the game.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: The Beast
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

The most progressive we got was, insurance COMMERCIALS

Fixed it for ya. And I hope that we NEVER see another freaking commercial with Baker Mayfield in it. EVER. Hit the weight room, hit the books, hit the film study. That is what Baker needs to do. Geezus.

In reality, those commercials probably took all of three days to make. I seriously doubt if it had anything to do with Mayfield’s struggles.

His play is reflective of one major, major thing that most fans don’t fully accept: tape. The other teams in the league have tape on him now. It happens to every rookie in his second season.

I think Lamar Jackson would be the exception to this, simply because he has changed the way he plays the position.

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
I hope Browns win last game and KEEP Freddie as head coach.People on this forum that want new regime are morons.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Obviously the game doesn’t matter in terms of standings/playoffs/etc ... but, how do you want this to finish up? Do you want a good, resounding win to feel good? Do you want a dumpster fire to secure a better draft pick and/or get rid of Freddie? Is FK gone regardless?

What say you

I'm sick of losing. I want a win regardless of how that impacts the off season, which, as far as I can tell, the die has already been cast.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Always want a win, screw draft position. If there is a player you want, there is a way to get them.

I want a beat down of epic proportions

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
E
Legend
Legend
E
Landry is a badass.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Chubb vs Mixon - most yards wins the game.

Prophetic...and pitiful.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I did too.

Starting to adjust to this new normal. Scaling back BM, want to help our OL pack.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
adios Mr Kitchens. ....your are the only coach we’ve had in 20 years that had some talent to work with.. cya

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Bengals 33 Your Preference

Link Copied to Clipboard