Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
shanahan is a coach, dorsey a gm...you act like progression is on a specific timeline, it isn't. It happens faster with successful decisions. Dorsey didn't make enough of those and the biggest one being Kitchens, therefore he's no longer here..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
Very serious question for everyone...if you were one of the top coaching candidates, would you work Jimmy, Dee and Depo?

Sure would. Their money spends just as well as everyone else's.

#GMSTRONG
G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Quote:
His problem is he hasn't made the good hire. He thought he did with Dorsey and Haslam sat back and let Dorsey run the show and it blew up, so now he has to step in and do it again. Try to find something that works.

lead...how many times do I have to post the reality of how progression works in the NFL....?

With the 49ers, it took freaking Kyle Shanahan 3 years to progress to point to where the 49ers are in today!!!!!

Not only that but, Kyle Shanahan's team regressed between Years 1 and 2, going 6-10 his first season to 4-12 his second season!!!

Yet the 49ers GM and ownership were willing to give Shanahan a 3rd season to see what he could do.

In Cleveland, under Haslam and Depodesta, NO ONE GETS 3 YEARS TO TURN THE BROWNS AROUND!!!!!!!!

If Depodesta makes the hire he just might get a 3rd season or more.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:
His problem is he hasn't made the good hire. He thought he did with Dorsey and Haslam sat back and let Dorsey run the show and it blew up, so now he has to step in and do it again. Try to find something that works.

lead...how many times do I have to post the reality of how progression works in the NFL....?

With the 49ers, it took freaking Kyle Shanahan 3 years to progress to point to where the 49ers are in today!!!!!

Not only that but, Kyle Shanahan's team regressed between Years 1 and 2, going 6-10 his first season to 4-12 his second season!!!

Yet the 49ers GM and ownership were willing to give Shanahan a 3rd season to see what he could do.

In Cleveland, under Haslam and Depodesta, NO ONE GETS 3 YEARS TO TURN THE BROWNS AROUND!!!!!!!!

Another example, Sean McDermott.

9-7 (playoffs)
6-10 (rookie QB)
10-6 (playoffs)

(Note: Both of the above coaches were hired before the GM.)

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Very serious question for everyone...if you were one of the top coaching candidates, would you work Jimmy, Dee and Depo?

I am of the opinion that none of the top guys will come here as long as Depo has Haslam's ear.
It's difficult enough to do the job without having to look over your shoulder and worry what the analitics guy is saying to the owner.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
They will now.

OCD....with Jimmy, Dee and Depdesta, is there anyone who believes that they can focus on "REALITY"...or simply base all their decisions on "CAP SPACE" available at the end of the year.

I don't know how anyone can believe that "CAP SPACE" available at the end of the year is not driving this franchise.

Last edited by mac; 01/04/20 02:57 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Legend
Legend
C
I don't know how anyone can believe that "CAP SPACE" available at the end of the year is not driving this franchise.

This makes sense because you lack a fundamental understanding of what cap space is in the NFL.

The Haslams are bad owners. Probably the worst in the NFL at this point. They are not cheap.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

This makes sense because you lack a fundamental understanding of what cap space is in the NFL.

The Haslams are bad owners. Probably the worst in the NFL at this point. They are not cheap.

cfr...we have a difference of opinion...

Is "MONEYBALL" based on using a NFL franchises cap space to build a winner....like the Saints utilize their cap space?

...or is the cap space meant to be hoarded by owner who can still CON the franchise's fans into buying season tickets for a BAD PRODUCT???

C
Legend
Legend
C
...or is the cap space meant to be hoarded by owner who can still CON the franchise's fans into buying season tickets for a BAD PRODUCT???

I'm not sure what cap space has to do with anything.

Also, the term Moneyball is being misused by you a ton. The Oakland A's didn't have money to spend (the Browns do) so they sought out market inefficiencies to build their teams because it was the cheapest way to do so.

Moneyball = market inefficiencies

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What a boring thread.

B
Legend
Legend
B

No doubt, and their results to this point are bad, but not due to lack of effort or being cheap.

I think Mac thinks they can keep the money, and doesn't understand that over a (my numbers may be off somewhat) 5 year average teams have to spend maybe 85% of the cap space on player salaries. Teams can't simply choose to operate at say 60% forever. If they do, they have to pay the NFLPA or the NFL...I believe the NFLPA who will stick it in to player benefit funds.

Mac, don't have a hemorrhage. It looks like DePodesta resides in your head. Do you hear him talking to you?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What a boring thread.

I don't find it boring, and I certainly get no enjoyment of seeing mac go 'around the bend'...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:
Also, the term Moneyball is being misused by you a ton. The Oakland A's didn't have money to spend (the Browns do) so they sought out market inefficiencies to build their teams because it was the cheapest way to do so.

cfr...tell everyone where the Browns rank in cap space used over the last 7 yrs.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

cfr...tell everyone where the Browns rank in cap space used over the last 7 yrs.

Like I said before, you lack a fundamental understanding of what cap space is in the NFL.

(I don't know the answer to your question.)

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Quote:

Like I said before, you lack a fundamental understanding of what cap space is in the NFL.

cfr....ok...you don't want to answer this question...

...TRY THIS, compare the Browns use of their cap space (including the percentage of cap the Browns use) to another NFL team such as the NE Saints (and what percentage of cap space) they use to build their team into a winner.

Last edited by mac; 01/04/20 03:36 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
In 2019 we had the 5th ranked highest team salary.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

cfr....ok...you don't want to answer this question...

I did answer the question.

...TRY THIS, compare the Browns use of their cap space (including the percentage of cap the Browns use) to another NFL team such as the NE Saints (and what percentage of cap space) they use to build their team into a winner.

This seems like a lot of work.

Again, you don't even know what cap space is. Using it as a tool for your argument against DePodesta is like a person trying to use a fish to hammer in nails into their wall.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Here Mac. Read and learn. I plugged in to Google and it pulled up a Bengals article, but the rules are the same for all.

Earlier, I was wrong, teams have to spend 89% of the cap as averaged over 4 seasons.

The Browns have averaged that.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/6/17600618/nfl-salary-cap-2018-everything-to-know-about-salaries

I hope that helps you because you are sounding pretty weird.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

...TRY THIS, compare the Browns use of their cap space (including the percentage of cap the Browns use) to another NFL team such as the NE Saints

Try as I might, I couldn't find what percentage of their salary cap the New England Saints use.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I couldn't find it either but they sound like they would be a tough team to beat with Drew Brady at QB.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
This thread strikes me as getting mad at your accountant for telling you a different way to file your taxes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
This thread strikes me as getting mad at your accountant for telling you a different way to file your taxes.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

This thread is more about what is wrong with this franchise than anything else.

An owner who is overwhelmed with the thought of MONEYBALL...

An owner who lies about stepping back away from that which he knows so little about, running an NFL franchise, only to find out that Jimmy continues to have his fingers all over the franchise, undermining those he hired to run the Browns.

An owner who uses his own front office personnel to undermine those attempting to turn the franchise around from the worst 2 year disaster in the Browns history, dating back 70 yrs, 1 win in 2 years.

Paul Depodesta is the Browns GM, in charge of the coaching search, thanks to our owner.

Many just love what JimBob has done with Browns...I DON'T...I call it what it is...Jimmy and Dee have been the worst owners in the NFL...a record they will always have.

And that is the difference between me and some of you...I call it as it is...Haslam created a mess out of the Browns.

Last edited by mac; 01/04/20 07:42 PM.

C
Legend
Legend
C
And that is the difference between me and some of you...I call it as it is...Haslam created a mess out of the Browns.

Hasn't basically every person said this multiple times?

G
2nd String
2nd String
G
Depodesta is leading the coaching search and he wanted to hire McDermott but the Haslams hired Hue.
Maybe its not as dark as it seems.
Maybe the Haslams will listen this time.

I just want a winner. We need players who can be part of the solution not part of the problem.
H
All Pro
All Pro
H

This thread is more about what is wrong with this franchise than anything else.

An owner who is overwhelmed with the thought of MONEYBALL...

An owner who lies about stepping back away from that which he knows so little about, running an NFL franchise, only to find out that Jimmy continues to have his fingers all over the franchise, undermining those he hired to run the Browns.

An owner who uses his own front office personnel to undermine those attempting to turn the franchise around from the worst 2 year disaster in the Browns history, dating back 70 yrs, 1 win in 2 years.

Paul Depodesta is the Browns GM, in charge of the coaching search, thanks to our owner.

Many just love what JimBob has done with Browns...I DON'T...I call it what it is...Jimmy and Dee have been the worst owners in the NFL...a record they will always have.

You do love to capitalize Moneyball. You do know the Browns ownership doesn’t get to keep cap money, yes? I mean, there’s been about 40 examples provided for you, explaining that.

And, if I may ask, who should be running the GM/HC search? You have any names that would be more fit for the job that work in Berea?

Last edited by Hamfist; 01/04/20 07:59 PM.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Depodesta needs to GO...

Link Copied to Clipboard