Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Exactly. both were up at the same time IIRC

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
This used to be the official Browns board.
They changed it in 2006 and revamped it. I joined but it wasn’t the same, then purp soon after started this one, making it almost exactly like the original.

It was around Sept. 11 2006, which is when I and a few others joined (re-joined??). It’s also why some of us have that date under our user name.

I didn’t like the changes that were made at the official browns chat site. Some posters only came back when the Browns organization eliminated their message board. That’s cool though, I’m not judging.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2020/1/4/2...tseason-in-2019

AFC
Baltimore Ravens: QB Robert Griffin III (2016), WR Willie Snead (2014), LB L.J. Fort (2013), CB Denzel Rice (2018)***

Kansas City Chiefs: RB Elijah McGuire (2019)**, OG Cameron Erving (2017), OL Austin Reiter (2018), OT Mitchell Schwartz (2015), DE Emmanuel Ogbah (2018)*, DL Devaroe Lawrence (2019)**

New England Patriots: QB Cody Kessler (2017), TE Ben Watson (2012), DT Danny Shelton (2017)

Houston Texans: RB Carlos Hyde (2018), RB Duke Johnson (2019), TE Darren Fells (2018), OT Roderick Johnson (2018), OLB Barkevious Mingo (2016), S Mike Adams (2011), FS Tashaun Gipson (2015)*, CB Phillip Gaines (2019)*

Buffalo Bills: FS Jordan Poyer (2016)

Tennessee Titans: RB Dion Lewis (2014), WR Darius Jennings (2016), K Greg Joseph (2019)

NFC
San Francisco 49ers: RB Raheem Mostert (2016), OT Shon Coleman (2018)*, DE Anthony Zettel (2019), CB K’Waun Williams (2016)

Green Bay Packers: FB Malcolm Johnson (2016)*, S Ibraheim Campbell (2017), CB Tramon Williams (2016)

New Orleans Saints: LB Demario Davis (2017), LB Craig Robertson (2015), CB Johnson Bademosi (2015)*

Philadelphia Eagles: QB Josh McCown (2016), DE Genard Avery (2019)

Seattle Seahawks: RB Robert Turbin (2015)

Minnesota Vikings: DE Ifeadi Odenigbo (2018), P Britton Colquitt (2019)

*is currently on IR
**is currently on practice squad
***is on practice squad/injured reserve

Not sure what happened with Lawrence here.. He was playing pretty well I thought... Seemed to be well thought of by teammates also.....Don't get it.

I guess I didn't remember Mostart being here... Yikes..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Yeah, which is why DT Day at training camp used to be so cool ... cuz this board was the Browns board. I wish we could somehow pull that off again

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Forgot cam erving.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Erving is the worst player I've ever seen in the NFL.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Was. He got a bit better once away from the Browns.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Was. He got a bit better once away from the Browns.

He isn't starting anymore, is he? Pretty sure I didn't see him out there.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Cam Erving gets a Super Bowl ring, while Joe Thomas does not.

Life is really fair sometimes.

Legend
Legend

The winless Browns cut him, now he's a Super Bowl champ
https://sports.yahoo.com/the-winless-browns-cut-him-now-hes-a-super-bowl-champ-214949083.html
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — In 2016, Austin Reiter was a center for the Cleveland Browns. The team went 1-15, although, in fairness, Reiter was injured for most of it.

In 2017, Austin Reiter returned for another season with the Cleveland Browns, only this time limited to special teams offensive line play. The team went 0-16. That’s the worst two-year stretch (and tied for the worst single season) of any franchise in NFL history.

Before the start of the 2018 season, Cleveland cut him. Arguably the worst team the NFL has ever seen determined that Austin Reiter wasn’t good enough to play for them anymore.

From the outside, this sort of made sense. You go 1-31 and you might as well clean house. After all, exactly how good could a special teamer who couldn't crack an offensive line rotation that allowed a whopping 50 sacks in 2017 and a league-high 130 quarterback hits actually be?

Reiter didn’t have much of a pedigree to argue. He was a two-star recruit out of high school before signing with South Florida. Washington drafted him in 2014, but not until the 7th round. He then spent his entire time in Washington on the practice squad. Obviously no one in Cleveland thought much of him.

Maybe, it was fair to wonder, if having the Browns fire him was a sign his NFL career was over.

“One man’s trash,” Reiter said, smiling, on Sunday night, “is another man’s treasure.”

Reiter, 28, was standing in the middle of the celebratory swirl of the Kansas City Chiefs locker room. He was wearing a Super Bowl champion hat on his head and a Super Bowl champion t-shirt over his shoulder pads. He was about to get his hands on the Vince Lombardi Trophy, give it a kiss and pose for a picture.

The guy who couldn’t make it on one of the worst teams in the league had just been a starter on the best team in the league.

“The NFL is crazy,” Reiter said. “The Lord works in mysterious ways and here I am.”

Fans and media understandably focus on the stars and that was no different when Kansas City defeated San Francisco 31-20 in Super Bowl LIV on Sunday, where quarterback Patrick Mahomes was deservedly the game’s MVP.

The core of every NFL team, however, is made up of guys such as Reiter, somewhat interchangeable talents who are always looking for the right opportunity, the right fit, the right coach to believe in them. Careers are short. Stops on teams are shorter.

“I’ve been with plenty of guys, two years done and you never get another workout again,” Reiter said. “That is always in the back of my head.”

And when Cleveland got rid of him, it would have been easy for him to give up. Except for two things. One, his support system back in Bradenton, Florida, where he grew up, and at USF.

“Family, friends, my trainers,” Reiter said. “They always believed in me.”

The second was that it only took one day for Kansas City to claim him off waivers. The Chiefs, a perennial playoff team, had clearly seen something in the 6-3, 300-pounder.

Even then, nothing was guaranteed. He was making the league minimum for a player with his experience ($630,000). He knew he could be cut and replaced at any moment.

“I just kept working,” Reiter said. He didn’t get into a game until Week 6 and that was only on special teams. It wasn’t until Week 8 of the 2018 season that he finally played with the regular offensive unit.

Along the way, the Chiefs actually won a game, 45-10 over Cincinnati. The date: October 10, 2018. It was the first game Reiter had played in that his team had won in nearly four years, dating back to when USF defeated SMU 14-13 on Nov. 15, 2014.

He played in every Chiefs game the rest of the year, either on special teams or the offensive line. He even started four times. In December of 2018, Kansas City rewarded him with a two-year guaranteed contract, worth up to $5.5. million. Offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy noted Reiter had done “a hell of a job.”

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season NFL Post Season 2019 Former Browns players on playoff roster

Link Copied to Clipboard