Next Thread
Print Thread
#1723223 01/19/20 03:49 PM
M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
What an incredible year in college hoops. It seems like everyday a team in the top 10 gets beat.

Thought we should start a thread to talk college games as March will be here before we know it. Based on all of the games I have watched this year and the outcomes it definitely looks like the tourney is going to be madness this year.

One team to look out for is Dayton (yes I am biased as I am a UD grad). Their team is legit and should be in the top 10 when the polls come out tomorrow. Their top scorer is going to be for sure a lottery pick.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Millerman
What an incredible year in college hoops. It seems like everyday a team in the top 10 gets beat.

Thought we should start a thread to talk college games as March will be here before we know it. Based on all of the games I have watched this year and the outcomes it definitely looks like the tourney is going to be madness this year.

One team to look out for is Dayton (yes I am biased as I am a UD grad). Their team is legit and should be in the top 10 when the polls come out tomorrow. Their top scorer is going to be for sure a lottery pick.

Dayton has a legit a shot as any team in the country to reach the final 4. They have an elite NBA talent with a solid starting line up with Crutcher, Chatman, and Miksell with Toppin. Then one of the best 6th men in the country in Watson. I have watched a number of their games and they are very good. I would love to see UD cut the nets down in April.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
OSU has really gone south here. Dayton is obviously a team from OH to watch

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
OSU has really gone south here. Dayton is obviously a team from OH to watch

True but OSU has tons of talent and I think they will find their way again ... JMO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I think they will too, but better do it quickly because the Big 10 is a gauntlet

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think they will too, but better do it quickly because the Big 10 is a gauntlet

Big10 is turning into more of a grind than a gauntlet. A number of teams have shown positives, but those same teams have also shown glaring weaknesses.

If at the beginning of the season you had predicted that as we got toward the end of January, the top 5 would include Baylor, San Diego State, and Florida State, you win a prize.... pick any stuffed animal you want.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Anyone catch that Kansas/K-State brawl last night? De Sousa from Kansas tried to go all "Myles Garrett" on somebody with a chair. A coach dove at him and managed to knock away the chair, but apparently he's still getting suspended indefinitely.

Can't wait for Bill Self to start sporting the "K-State Started It!" T-Shirt.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Anyone catch that Kansas/K-State brawl last night? De Sousa from Kansas tried to go all "Myles Garrett" on somebody with a chair. A coach dove at him and managed to knock away the chair, but apparently he's still getting suspended indefinitely.

Can't wait for Bill Self to start sporting the "K-State Started It!" T-Shirt.

Legend
Legend
Both teams should be without a few players for quite a while. Dude steals the ball with just a few seconds left and you have a 22 point lead, just let him go. Instead you go for the block and then walk over him talking trash.

Dude from Illinois came down and intentionally stepped right on the chest of a Purdue player last night as well. He got ejected. He has to be happy about what happened in Kansas otherwise a lot more people would be talking about him.

yebat' Putin
M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
Thought I would bring this thread back to the top since we are getting closer to March.

This season in college basketball has been crazy. DC-the Terps look really good. Dayton (I am biased) looks really good too.

Can the Big ten actually get 11 teams in?

It has been a very strange season and it is definitely going to be fun in March.

Couple of really good games tonight that could shake up the rankings again.

Legend
Legend
March/April is going to be nuts. Baylor looks legit.. San Diego State and Dayton look good but neither has played a ranked team, the Zags have their traditionally soft schedule but have dropped in a couple nice wins... most of the other teams in the top 10 have a couple nice wins, a couple ugly losses, a few very close games that shouldn't have been close... it's going to be interesting.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Itโ€™s rare, but I couldnt narrow down the champ to 5 teams right now. This will be a crazy March

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
March/April is going to be nuts. Baylor looks legit.. San Diego State and Dayton look good but neither has played a ranked team, the Zags have their traditionally soft schedule but have dropped in a couple nice wins... most of the other teams in the top 10 have a couple nice wins, a couple ugly losses, a few very close games that shouldn't have been close... it's going to be interesting.

Dayton's 2 losses are to Kansas and Colorado both in overtime and both on a neutral court. They have played ranked teams they just have not beaten any ranked teams. But they are currently undefeated in the Atlantic 10 which should get 3 teams in the NCAA Tournament. They have wins over 20-6 Saint Marys, Virginia Tech, and Georgia non conference.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Not dissing Dayton, they have looked really good. Just stating that they don't have a real signature win.. that's all.

yebat' Putin
M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
I agree with you DC as Dayton really has not had a signature win so far but they do look pretty good. (I am a UD grad and a huge fan)

The tourney is going to be very interesting this year for sure. Dayton is projected as a 2 seed right now playing in Cleveland and if that happens I will be very happy as I have tickets for the first 2 rounds.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They had Kansas on the ropes, but let them come back. They should have won that game, hopefully they learned from it.

Legend
Legend
Very surprised to see TT lose to OK state

M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
This season in college basketball is just crazy. Duke loses again last night and have lost the last 2 of 3.

Last weekend was nuts with Gonzaga, Baylor, SDS, and Maryland all losing.

Dayton keeps winning but some tight games and have not really played anybody other than Kansas who they lost to in overtime.

It is definitely going to be a very entertaining tourney as there really are no clear cut favorites.

Only 2 1/2 more weeks until selection Sunday! One of my favorite times of year.

Legend
Legend
If you gave me ten picks Iโ€™m not sure I could pick the winner of the tournament. Gun to my head Iโ€™d choose Kansas, but itโ€™s a pretty even field

Legend
Legend
Tonight is Duke at UVA ... Dukeโ€™s lost 2/3 to lesser teams. And UVA kinda needs a boost for their resume. Should be a good day of hoops

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
yep. Watching Nova v Providence right now

J
Legend
Legend
J
Very excited about Dayton. They have our town rocking. Itโ€™s been a tough last year for the city. They are so fun to watch. Canโ€™t wait to watch them in the Madness.

Legend
Legend
Duke looked good last night, and Baylor got a big W without two starters

M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
I am so happy for the entire community that UD is doing so well and making everyone proud. This team is really fun to watch and seem like they are legit.

It has definitely been a very tough year for the Dayton area. I live in Cleveland but all of my family still live in Dayton and some of my parents friends whose house was destroyed in the tornado still have not been able to move back in yet.

Pretty cool that College Gameday will be there on Saturday morning to broadcast live.

Definitely going to be a fun tournament. Go Flyers!

Legend
Legend
The bubble for this year is crazy wide ... there are about 12 teams vying for 4 spots it seems.

Indiana, Richmond, NC State, Cincinnati, Wichita St, Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Xavier, Purdue, UCLA, USC, etc

J
Legend
Legend
J
I am so happy for the entire community that UD is doing so well and making everyone proud. This team is really fun to watch and seem like they are legit.

It has definitely been a very tough year for the Dayton area. I live in Cleveland but all of my family still live in Dayton and some of my parents friends whose house was destroyed in the tornado still have not been able to move back in yet.

Pretty cool that College Gameday will be there on Saturday morning to broadcast live.

Definitely going to be a fun tournament. Go Flyers!

frown

Legend
Legend
Bummed ma out. Wife as well.

So what happens to wagers on this bracket stuff in Vegas? Just a big non-event?

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
M
Dayton had a historic season this year and I am so proud of the team to help the Dayton community with everything that has happened there this year.

Congrats to coach Grant for being named coach of the year and for Obi Tobbin being named unanimous 1st team all american.

It was a fun year while it lasted. Now I can only hope Obi gets drafted by the Cavs so I can watch him in Cleveland!

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Dayton had a historic season this year and I am so proud of the team to help the Dayton community with everything that has happened there this year.

Congrats to coach Grant for being named coach of the year and for Obi Tobbin being named unanimous 1st team all american.

It was a fun year while it lasted. Now I can only hope Obi gets drafted by the Cavs so I can watch him in Cleveland!

Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Obi Toppin would be a great get in the 2020 draft by the Cavs.

Legend
Legend
I agree... was really looking forward to seeing how they did in the tourney... should have been at least elite 8

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Jon Rothstein
@JonRothstein
ยท
5h
Harvard grad transfer Seth Towns has committed to Ohio State, he announced.

Immediately eligible.

This is huge

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum College Basketball thread

Link Copied to Clipboard