Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Honest debate is often ruined by deceit on this board. Have a nice life.

Quoted for ironic truth.

Hue is still the one that named Kizer the week one starter a week later. I'm not going to ignore a fact just because you don't like it.

Keep pointing to unrelated indirect quotes out of context as evidence. thumbsup

Sometimes honest debate hurts when your own "deceit" gets pointed out.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
There is rarely a time when the vast majority of posters on this board ever agree about anything.

One of the few times I remember it being close is when the popular opinion was that the only reason the Browns traded for Osweiler was for the second round draft pick that came with him. We had lots of cap space so we traded some cap space for the pick. Very few thought we traded for him to play QB.

But revisionist history often times comes into play here.

Okay, time for you to be nasty again. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
There is rarely a time when the vast majority of posters on this board ever agree about anything.

One of the few times I remember it being close is when the popular opinion was that the only reason the Browns traded for Osweiler was for the second round draft pick that came with him. We had lots of cap space so we traded some cap space for the pick. Very few thought we traded for him to play QB.

But revisionist history often times comes into play here.

Okay, time for you to be nasty again. wink

I never said we traded for him to play. Once here, he performed better than expected. Hue chose to start Kizer. There was no point in keeping Brock around at his price tag if he wasn't starting.

The FO's plan wasn't to start Kizer. The two groups couldn't agree on seemingly anything. It was a mess. It was a good example of why having a GM and HC on the same page is a good idea. It's a disaster when the groups have different beliefs.

Again? I haven't taken the gloves off yet. I intend not to.

Keep up the straw man arguments against things only you are saying and it will continue to be good (if extremely annoying) training in patience for me.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
There was no difference in Osweiler's paycheck whether or not we played him, or cut him. He had a guaranteed deal.

We saved nothing by cutting him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
There was no difference in Osweiler's paycheck whether or not we played him, or cut him. He had a guaranteed deal.

We saved nothing by cutting him.

I do recall it as "guaranteed," too.

Contract details are hard to come by. Spotrac just has the 1 year deal back to Denver that I saw. Was there offset language, were there escalators, would future guarantees have kicked/locked in?

It's hard to keep a $72 million QB on the roster as a backup. Guaranteed money or not. Once passed over for a rookie who was supposed to sit the whole season, he wasn't a part of the plan going forward.

If he had been started, the plan for Kizer to sit and mature could have been followed. I don't think looking back over his shoulder at a guy making that much money would have helped Kizer any.

Everyone seemed to have their own plans.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cont...Football guys did half the job, now it's up to numbers boys to finish the job...

Link Copied to Clipboard