Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio announces retirement - cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2020/02/mi...retirement.html

EAST LANSING, Michigan -- Mark Dantonio announced Tuesday he is retiring after 13 seasons as Michigan State’s head football coach.

Dantonio made his surprise announcement — which came one day before the start of the late signing period — via Twitter.

“Today marks one of the most difficult decisions that I have ever made here at Michigan State,” Dantonio said in the posted statement.

“Every February since 2007, I have reset this program in preparation for the next year’s challenges. After much reflection and discussion with my family, I feel that it is now time for change as we enter into a new decade of Michigan State football."

Dantonio won three of his first seven games against Ohio State. However, the Spartans have slipped to a 27-24 record over the past four seasons.

Dantonio was due a retention bonus of $4.3 million on Jan. 15. He is also being sued by former MSU staff member Curtis Blackwell. His lawyers detailed alleged NCAA violations committed by Dantonio in a court filing Monday night.

The Detroit Free Press said former Ohio State player and coach and current Cincinnati coach Luke Fickell is the frontrunner to succeed Dantonio, citing sources with knowledge of the athletic department’s thinking.

Mike Tressel will serve as the Spartans’ interim head coach.

Dantonio said he planned to remain with MSU athletics in a new capacity.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Dantonio when he catches wind of being tied to NCAA allegations....

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Lol yeah, there’s no doubt this wasn’t just a random “stepping down” ... solid coach, but too vanilla for my tastes (not that I’m a State fan)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Got his bonus... lawsuit made public... 'I'm out!'

<><

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Dantonio Retires From Michigan State

Link Copied to Clipboard